talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leroy Sané - Rejects Man City Contract

football forum

• Subscriber

Discuss.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836225-report-bayern-munich-in-talks-with-manchester-city-for-leroy-sane-transfer

Bayern Munich have reportedly opened talks with Manchester Cityregarding a summer move for Germany international Leroy Sane. 

The Bundesliga giants have been given permission to speak to the 23-year-old's representatives "with a view to agreeing contractual terms," according to Duncan Castles at the Daily Record.

The Premier League champions would prefer to keep hold of the Germany international but director of football Txiki Begiristian "has told friends he may be forced to sell in the coming window."

• The title was changed to Leroy Sane to Bayern?
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I bloody hope this is true. Exactly the type of signing we should have made 3 seasons ago when he was available and would have been significantly cheaper. Then again that probably would have ruined the bundesliga again, now its all good.

• Subscriber

This is interesting news indeed. I can't see why Sane would want to move considering he's almost integral to Pep's plans for City? On his day he's almost unbeatable when he comes in from the left and has scored some very vital goals for City as well.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This is interesting news indeed. I can't see why Sane would want to move considering he's almost integral to Pep's plans for City? On his day he's almost unbeatable when he comes in from the left and has scored some very vital goals for City as well.

City is crowded mate. At Bayern Sane would be the most talked about player and could expect to see just as much success as at City with more upside to his personal profile as one of the greats

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Side note but is it true that Bayern want Tielemans too?

If they do, then fuck sake.

It is true, however Sane is at least €90m minimum in this market and Monaco will want to ramp up the cost of Tielemans too, so I don't expected him to leave Monaco now for less than €60m. Bayern aren't going to invest €150m on two players. Germans abhor that sort of spending 

Leroy has always hated the bench.  With Robben, Rafinha and Ribery going and Muller under consideration there would be a greater chance of a start in most - if not all - games.  With Lewandowski up front and Gnabry and Goretzka coming up from the centre, Leroy's style of play could be an awesome link!  In any case his past experience with Leon would be invaluable in settling in. He was also one of Manuel's greatest admirers in school and to be back together would be another bonus.  Whilst Sterling is the 'favoured' one at City, Leroy will always be second choice and that is something he finds hard.  The family problems are settled so a move back nearer home would not be a daft idea.  Sad for the Citizens, but good for the German National side to have him back home. Not such a daft idea after all.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Harry said:

City is crowded mate. At Bayern Sane would be the most talked about player and could expect to see just as much success as at City with more upside to his personal profile as one of the greats

Fair play. I think City are actually losing a very good player if they do sell him but going back to Germany is good for him if it does happen and Bayern will be getting some serious talent.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Side note but is it true that Bayern want Tielemans too?

If they do, then fuck sake.

I havent seen anything recent but we were in for him when he was leaving Anderlecht so it wouldnt be too surprising. 

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Batard said:

It is true, however Sane is at least €90m minimum in this market and Monaco will want to ramp up the cost of Tielemans too, so I don't expected him to leave Monaco now for less than €60m. Bayern aren't going to invest €150m on two players. Germans abhor that sort of spending 

Haven't they already lobbed a load at Hernandez as well?

We're a little bit fucked with this one I think because of how well he has done here*, 21 years old and looks a genuinely productive midfielder at Premier League level already, his potential is enormous and clubs knew about him years ago, this won't have gone unnoticed.

* with all of this in mind, why the fucking hell has it not worked at Monaco? I honestly just cannot get my head around how he struggled there. He's got so much quality and they're in the shit.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Haven't they already lobbed a load at Hernandez as well?

We're a little bit fucked with this one I think because of how well he has done here*, 21 years old and looks a genuinely productive midfielder at Premier League level already, his potential is enormous and clubs knew about him years ago, this won't have gone unnoticed.

* with all of this in mind, why the fucking hell has it not worked at Monaco? I honestly just cannot get my head around how he struggled there. He's got so much quality and they're in the shit.

Actually that’s a really good point, they’ve invested heavily in Hernandez & Pavard already. It’s not beyond the realms of reason, more whether they’ll have to sell at all. 

• 2 weeks later...

Manchester City officials will sit down with Leroy Sane this week to try to thrash out a new contract. The Blues will resist attempts by Bayern Munich to steal the Germany winger – and the Bundesliga champions have NOT tabled an offer for the 23-year-old. Sane has a deal that expires in two years, but Pep Guardiola wants him tied down on longer terms, even though he was a peripheral figure as City wrapped up the domestic treble. The manager has always said publicly that he wants Sane to stay

59 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Apparently Bayern doesn't have the money bags as other clubs to spend on players.  (Wonder what they do spend it on?)

Sane is not for sale, he will sign a contract extension in the next few weeks  ..Bayern's public tapping up has failed ;)   ..plus like you said, Munich dont have 150 million anyway so.. :what:

On 31/05/2019 at 06:10, The Artful Dodger said:

Be a very good singing.

Indeed. 

On 31/05/2019 at 06:19, Viva la FCB said:

Could also just be a smokescreen for a bigger contract. Should there be any truth in it we should be all in for him.

Agreed but it makes sense for Bayern so they should go all in. He's fringe enough at City that I can see it being a great move for him also.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Apparently Bayern doesn't have the money bags as other clubs to spend on players.  (Wonder what they do spend it on?)

I mean we've already spent over €130m this summer......nearly doubled our record transfer and I dont believe we're done yet. I dont know what you mean by that comment unless you're comparing to the top premier league/spanish clubs then you have some case.

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean we've already spent over €130m this summer......nearly doubled our record transfer and I dont believe we're done yet. I dont know what you mean by that comment unless you're comparing to the top premier league/spanish clubs then you have some case.

Even Serie A clubs splash some coin around. 

Germany is thought to be an economic powerhouse and yet other countries with problems spend.   I realize the owners in those countries are foreign, especially in England but something has to change for bundesliga clubs to be successful in Europe competitions. 

• The title was changed to Leroy Sané - Rejects Man City Contract
  • The topic was locked

Archived