• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
MUFC

Leroy Sane to Bayern?

Recommended Posts

Discuss.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836225-report-bayern-munich-in-talks-with-manchester-city-for-leroy-sane-transfer

Quote

 

Bayern Munich have reportedly opened talks with Manchester Cityregarding a summer move for Germany international Leroy Sane. 

The Bundesliga giants have been given permission to speak to the 23-year-old's representatives "with a view to agreeing contractual terms," according to Duncan Castles at the Daily Record.

The Premier League champions would prefer to keep hold of the Germany international but director of football Txiki Begiristian "has told friends he may be forced to sell in the coming window."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I bloody hope this is true. Exactly the type of signing we should have made 3 seasons ago when he was available and would have been significantly cheaper. Then again that probably would have ruined the bundesliga again, now its all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is interesting news indeed. I can't see why Sane would want to move considering he's almost integral to Pep's plans for City? On his day he's almost unbeatable when he comes in from the left and has scored some very vital goals for City as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note but is it true that Bayern want Tielemans too?

If they do, then fuck sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

This is interesting news indeed. I can't see why Sane would want to move considering he's almost integral to Pep's plans for City? On his day he's almost unbeatable when he comes in from the left and has scored some very vital goals for City as well.

City is crowded mate. At Bayern Sane would be the most talked about player and could expect to see just as much success as at City with more upside to his personal profile as one of the greats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Side note but is it true that Bayern want Tielemans too?

If they do, then fuck sake.

It is true, however Sane is at least €90m minimum in this market and Monaco will want to ramp up the cost of Tielemans too, so I don't expected him to leave Monaco now for less than €60m. Bayern aren't going to invest €150m on two players. Germans abhor that sort of spending 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leroy has always hated the bench.  With Robben, Rafinha and Ribery going and Muller under consideration there would be a greater chance of a start in most - if not all - games.  With Lewandowski up front and Gnabry and Goretzka coming up from the centre, Leroy's style of play could be an awesome link!  In any case his past experience with Leon would be invaluable in settling in. He was also one of Manuel's greatest admirers in school and to be back together would be another bonus.  Whilst Sterling is the 'favoured' one at City, Leroy will always be second choice and that is something he finds hard.  The family problems are settled so a move back nearer home would not be a daft idea.  Sad for the Citizens, but good for the German National side to have him back home. Not such a daft idea after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry said:

City is crowded mate. At Bayern Sane would be the most talked about player and could expect to see just as much success as at City with more upside to his personal profile as one of the greats

Fair play. I think City are actually losing a very good player if they do sell him but going back to Germany is good for him if it does happen and Bayern will be getting some serious talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dan said:

Side note but is it true that Bayern want Tielemans too?

If they do, then fuck sake.

I havent seen anything recent but we were in for him when he was leaving Anderlecht so it wouldnt be too surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be picking up speed this. Hopefully this fucks them off from going after CHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Batard said:

It is true, however Sane is at least €90m minimum in this market and Monaco will want to ramp up the cost of Tielemans too, so I don't expected him to leave Monaco now for less than €60m. Bayern aren't going to invest €150m on two players. Germans abhor that sort of spending 

Haven't they already lobbed a load at Hernandez as well?

We're a little bit fucked with this one I think because of how well he has done here*, 21 years old and looks a genuinely productive midfielder at Premier League level already, his potential is enormous and clubs knew about him years ago, this won't have gone unnoticed.

* with all of this in mind, why the fucking hell has it not worked at Monaco? I honestly just cannot get my head around how he struggled there. He's got so much quality and they're in the shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Haven't they already lobbed a load at Hernandez as well?

We're a little bit fucked with this one I think because of how well he has done here*, 21 years old and looks a genuinely productive midfielder at Premier League level already, his potential is enormous and clubs knew about him years ago, this won't have gone unnoticed.

* with all of this in mind, why the fucking hell has it not worked at Monaco? I honestly just cannot get my head around how he struggled there. He's got so much quality and they're in the shit.

Actually that’s a really good point, they’ve invested heavily in Hernandez & Pavard already. It’s not beyond the realms of reason, more whether they’ll have to sell at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't sell this lot a virus nevermind a young world class player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manchester City officials will sit down with Leroy Sane this week to try to thrash out a new contract. The Blues will resist attempts by Bayern Munich to steal the Germany winger – and the Bundesliga champions have NOT tabled an offer for the 23-year-old. Sane has a deal that expires in two years, but Pep Guardiola wants him tied down on longer terms, even though he was a peripheral figure as City wrapped up the domestic treble. The manager has always said publicly that he wants Sane to stay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell him with a buyback clause. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could also just be a smokescreen for a bigger contract. Should there be any truth in it we should be all in for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Sell him with a buyback clause. 

What like....

Bayern - "Vee buy him forz £100m" 

City - "only if we can buy him back for £200m top one nice one get one sorted" 

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What like....

Bayern - "Vee buy him forz £100m" 

City - "only if we can buy him back for £200m top one nice one get one sorted" 

 

:ph34r:

First refusal seems more likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Bayern doesn't have the money bags as other clubs to spend on players.  (Wonder what they do spend it on?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Apparently Bayern doesn't have the money bags as other clubs to spend on players.  (Wonder what they do spend it on?)

Sane is not for sale, he will sign a contract extension in the next few weeks  ..Bayern's public tapping up has failed ;)   ..plus like you said, Munich dont have 150 million anyway so.. :what:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2019 at 06:10, The Artful Dodger said:

Be a very good singing.

Indeed. 

On 31/05/2019 at 06:19, Viva la FCB said:

Could also just be a smokescreen for a bigger contract. Should there be any truth in it we should be all in for him.

Agreed but it makes sense for Bayern so they should go all in. He's fringe enough at City that I can see it being a great move for him also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Apparently Bayern doesn't have the money bags as other clubs to spend on players.  (Wonder what they do spend it on?)

I mean we've already spent over €130m this summer......nearly doubled our record transfer and I dont believe we're done yet. I dont know what you mean by that comment unless you're comparing to the top premier league/spanish clubs then you have some case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

I mean we've already spent over €130m this summer......nearly doubled our record transfer and I dont believe we're done yet. I dont know what you mean by that comment unless you're comparing to the top premier league/spanish clubs then you have some case.

Even Serie A clubs splash some coin around. 

Germany is thought to be an economic powerhouse and yet other countries with problems spend.   I realize the owners in those countries are foreign, especially in England but something has to change for bundesliga clubs to be successful in Europe competitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sane is to good to be  squad player, he needs to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Even Serie A clubs splash some coin around. 

Germany is thought to be an economic powerhouse and yet other countries with problems spend.   I realize the owners in those countries are foreign, especially in England but something has to change for bundesliga clubs to be successful in Europe competitions. 

Haven’t you already spent a lot this transfer window and are apparently looking to spend more?

Seems like Bayern Munich are splashing the cash because they’ve got a big rebuild on their hands and other sides in Europe have made big moves and are looking to make more. So looks like they are changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bayern haven't spent loads but they've spent excessive sums on positions which aren't really issues for them - mental sums on Tolisso and Sanches. £30 mil on Hummels, who is quality but is old, and has no resale value. He also didn't fit with the plan to build a more mobile defense. 

Meanwhile, the wings have been a coming issue for years and they've never properly invested. Now, they've managed to make two much needed defensive signings but they've done it at the same time as Robben and Ribery are leaving. 

Thy can blame the modern market all they like, but that's just bad squad management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement