talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 MLS Golden Boot Winner: Carlos Vela

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josef scored his 5th goal of the year last night. 

It didn't look like he was happy with his performance, but if him and Pity start connecting (they are just inches off), then he'll likely start looking like Josef from last year. 

37 minutes ago, José said:

@Eco dont you agree that overall, Vela is the best player of the league? 

I think Ibra or Josef are better finishers. 

I think Vela is easily the best overall player in the league. Yes, he has the most goals, but he's surrounded with a ton of talent which helps. What Vela does better than most is create chances. Clear cut MVP for me, and might have another year or two left before he starts looking for a move back to Europe. 

I fucking love Vela. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Christ, he's 30?!? for some reason I was thinking mid-20;s...

Hate when that happens. When you think a player hasn't aged as much as they actually have. Walcott celebrated his 30th recently. I still remember him getting called up to England squad at 16 :/ 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Hate when that happens. When you think a player hasn't aged as much as they actually have. Walcott celebrated his 30th recently. I still remember him getting called up to England squad at 16 :/ 

Lingard is another who I thought was younger than he actually is.

The worst example of a player who feels he's been around forever though is Freddy Adu. He's only 29 and feels like he's been playing since I was born xD

4 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Lingard is another who I thought was younger than he actually is.

The worst example of a player who feels he's been around forever though is Freddy Adu. He's only 29 and feels like he's been playing since I was born xD

Yeah Adu has been around FOREVER, and I actually had his jersey when he was at DC United. Have no idea whatever happened to it. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Freddy Adu is still around? Remember when he was supposed to be the American Pele? xDxDxD

Vela's the best player in the league, I hope he wins the golden boot.

Yeah - he's on the Tampa Bay Rowdies, and old NASL club. 

If you remember when I was a season ticket holder for the Atlanta Silverbacks (way before ATL UTD)...well Tampa was their rival. 

• Subscriber

1756884881_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.73375f8299c9bdc0131f5a9a94a18792.png

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: LA Galaxy striker banned for grabbing keeper by neck

LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been banned for two games after grabbing an opposition goalkeeper by the neck.

Former Sweden forward Ibrahimovic, 37, and New York City goalkeeper Sean Johnson were both booked after wrestling each other to the floor during the incident last Saturday.

Major League Soccer announced on Friday it was punishing Ibrahimovic for "violent conduct".

New York City won the game 2-0.

The incident took place in the 86th minute with both of New York's goals coming in the first half.

"Zlatan is a talented player - he obviously knows what he is doing. He is a clever boy and you know, it is a part of the game," Johnson said after the match.

"I would be frustrated if I were him too, you know. Can't blame him for his frustration at that point in the game."

It is not the first time this month former Manchester United player Ibrahimovic has faced retrospective action, having been fined for diving during Galaxy's defeat by Columbus Crew on 9 May.

He was also accused of threatening to hurt Real Salt Lake defender Nedum Onuoha, who said a lot of people were "scared" of Ibrahimovic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48319620

5 minutes ago, José said:

It's been over. My boy Vela will take it. 

I just pray he doesn't get injured. That's the only thing that will stop him this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Top 10 Goal Scorers as of June 3rd, 2019
1.Carlos Vela (LAFC) 16
2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (LA) 11
3. Josef Martinez (ATL) 10
4. Wayne Rooney (DC) 8
5. Nani (ORL) 8
6. Diego Rossi (LAFC) 8
7. Johnny Russell (SKC) 7
8. Krisztian Nemeth (SCK) 7
9. Chris Wondolowski (SJ) 7
10. Key Kamara (COL) 7

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, José said:

The Peruvian Raul R. not even in the top ten xD

As long as vela keeps his form, it's his to lose. 

Reckon Martinez will be his closest challenger. Ibra won't keep up.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

LAFC are great to watch with Vela and Rossi

Clearly the most enjoyable team to watch, and it's between them and Atlanta for the most talented team in the league. 

When Barco comes back, Josef will score even more goal as Pity and him are looking like they are getting more accustomed to playing with one another, and we have a TON of attacking options, leaving us with a ton of chances on goal. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, José said:

Carlos Vela 

16 games - 16 goals and 10 assists (he is the league leader in both categories)

Other categories Vela leads

Chances (53)

Key passes (47)

Big chances created (14)

MVP!!! MVP!! MVP

Meanwhile 

Ruidiaz 

10 games 6 goals 1 assist. 

:96_ok_hand:

6 goals in 10 games is not a bad total, but you keep comparing Vela to someone who has been injured most of the season. Once again, stop talking shit.

• 1 month later...

I reckon Ruidiaz will sneak into that top 5. If he wasn't injured he'd be competing for second (I think Vela's form can't really be disputed) but now that he's scoring a goal per game,. I think he'll finish 5th or 4th in the goalscoring charts.

I seriously wish the MLS would disallow the type of pitch that NYCFC plays on. Such a bad showing and a truly awful place to watch a game. 

0-0 thus far. 

Massive game tonight with Atlanta traveling to LA to take on Vela. Can't help but appreciate LAFC as they mimiced what we did starting a franchise and it's working to perfection. 

• The title was changed to 2019 MLS Golden Boot Winner: Carlos Vela
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived