talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 MLS Golden Boot Winner: Carlos Vela

football forum

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If Vela continues his great form. By the end of the season he will make history. NO OTHER PLAYER WILL EVER COME CLOSE TO MATCHING his contribution. Libby wants to talk about raul's scoring per game but what sets Vela apart from the rest of the MLS is his assists numbers on top of goals. The greatest player to play in the MLS is a Mexican xD:what:

Wait until he gets injured then I suppose. 

He was crazy in the first half against us, but damn went M.I.A. in the second half. Him, like Josef, certainly benefits from playing on a great team. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Wait until he gets injured then I suppose. 

He was crazy in the first half against us, but damn went M.I.A. in the second half. Him, like Josef, certainly benefits from playing on a great team. 

A bit off topic, but my unpopular opinion is that San Jose Earthquakes are the best team in the league. They have the best form of any team at the moment and are a dark horse to challenge LAFC to get to that final I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

A bit off topic, but my unpopular opinion is that San Jose Earthquakes are the best team in the league. They have the best form of any team at the moment and are a dark horse to challenge LAFC to get to that final I reckon.

Heavens no. 

They aren't bad - but they aren't as good as either of the LA teams, in particular LAFC. 

If I had to rank the teams in order of who I think is best. I'd go:

1. LAFC
2. Galaxy
3.  NYCFC
4. Seattle
5. Atlanta
6. San Jose
7. Philly
8. DC United
9. Minnesota
10. NYRB

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Heavens no. 

They aren't bad - but they aren't as good as either of the LA teams, in particular LAFC. 

If I had to rank the teams in order of who I think is best. I'd go:

1. LAFC
2. Galaxy
3.  NYCFC
4. Seattle
5. Atlanta
6. San Jose
7. Philly
8. DC United
9. Minnesota
10. NYRB

I don't know, they beat La Galaxy pretty comfortably the other week...

Sure they don't have a great squad but Almeyda is a born winner. Best manager in the league bar none.

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I don't know, they beat La Galaxy pretty comfortably the other week...

Sure they don't have a great squad but Almeyda is a born winner. Best manager in the league bar none.

Almyeda is probably the best coach. Bradley is solid, especially for this league, which is why SJ is doing what they are at the moment. 

The season still has a long way to go, and I don't think SJ will make a run for West, Shield, or Cup, as they are in an impossible division. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I must say, as unprofessional as Zlatan can be, he knows how to deliver when the stakes are high. 

Seems like an odd thing to say when he's going to lose the Golden Boot. 

Besides, he's not worse than the cunt at Barca, and he is one of the best scorers at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Seems like an odd thing to say when he's going to lose the Golden Boot. 

Besides, he's not worse than the cunt at Barca, and he is one of the best scorers at the moment. 

He still has 25+ goals this season, I despise him but he talks a lot and actually delivers on the field. Something that doesn't work for someone like Vidal.

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

He still has 25+ goals this season, I despise him but he talks a lot and actually delivers on the field. Something that doesn't work for someone like Vidal.

I feel like you're trying to bait Teso in this, but I wasn't referring to Vidal at all, as I meant Saurez who is likely the biggest ass hat in football. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I feel like you're trying to bait Teso in this, but I wasn't referring to Vidal at all, as I meant Saurez who is likely the biggest ass hat in football. 

Well I was comparing Vidal. His attitude reminds me of Zlatan. Difference is the latter delivers after he speaks a load of smack, where as Vidal doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Vela is Consistent!! best striker in the whole western hemisphere :x

He is certainly the best all around player in the MLS, no doubt. 

But I'd still say that Josef is probably the best striker, as I would bet he has a higher percentages of goals per shot. 

Regardless, what Vela has done this year is crazy, but it'll lose a lot of luster if they don't win the championship.

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

He is certainly the best all around player in the MLS, no doubt. 

But I'd still say that Josef is probably the best striker, as I would bet he has a higher percentages of goals per shot. 

Regardless, what Vela has done this year is crazy, but it'll lose a lot of luster if they don't win the championship.

Vela isn't a striker either.

Best striker in the western hemisphere is between Ibrahimovic and Guerrero. The rest don't really come close. Josef is good but is nowhere near as complete as the 2 mentioned.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

If I had to choose 2 strikers out of those mentioned, it'd be Vela and Martinez really. 

I just double checked to see if I was missing anything. Had no idea Vela was playing up top. Fair play to him for adjusting so well.

I'd still probably say Guerrero is the best striker in the America's. Vela a very close 2nd. I want to say Ibra third, but Pratto and Gabigol give him a good run for his money.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Guerrero over Vela :rofl::rofl::rofl:no fuxking way!! How many CL goals does guerrero have ? It's not even close, Vela and Jimenez over guerrero any day of the week

Your opinion bud, but most South Americans would tell you that Guerrero is probably the 4th best South American striker behind Agüero, Cavani and Suarez. It’s just an opinion I share with others. Sorry you don’t agree.

BTW @Teso dos Bichos I'll answer your question. Vela has 3, Guerrero has 2. Not a big difference innit.

On top of that, Paolo is the 5th all time scorer for the Copa America and plays in a league with actual competition. 

Doesn't change my opinion that it's close between the 2 but your argument is irrelevant on research really.

2 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Vela is way more complete and proven and anyone with common sense would tell you that. :dunce:

"anyone with common sense"

Well, that's that. South America is a clueless continent even though everyone here largely agrees that he's the 4th best striker in South America worldwide. I've even seen Mexicans admit it. Guess they are clueless too, expert Teso is always right though.

• The title was changed to 2019 MLS Golden Boot Winner: Carlos Vela
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived