• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLB 2017/18 Thread

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2017 at 3:32 AM, ATL said:

Do any of you even care? It's a somewhat big deal here in Atlanta with the Braves. 

Braves are currently winning 3-2 against the Phillies. A win here would be nice. 

I care! I'm a Diamondbacks fan and you're going straight on my ignore list if you even think about mentioning Dansby Swanson :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I care! I'm a Diamondbacks fan and you're going straight on my ignore list if you even think about mentioning Dansby Swanson :ph34r:

...haha

We suck so whatever. 

On 4/29/2017 at 2:25 AM, Spike said:

Knocking down Turner was a disgrace.

Turner Field only opened 20 years ago. That's shocking when you consider there are football grounds in this country that have been in use for well over a century. Incredibly wasteful.

After a promising start to the season, Shelby Miller's having Tommy John surgery :(

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, Spike said:

Knocking down Turner was a disgrace.

Except that the city did NOTHING around the field. If you left on the South Side of the Stadium, you were fucked. I think the whole thing was stupid, and moving to Cobb is just a cluster, but if you go to a game, it's actually a great area they have made around the stadium.

• Subscriber

So basically we were a one man team, thankfully that man is the greatest player on the planet, but he's out for 2 months.

Somehow we're hovering around .500 not far off the second wild card in the AL but it's a miracle to be honest. We've had an easy schedule and our pitching and makeshift bullpen has been excellent on the whole. The hitting has been woeful.

We've been so unlucky with injuries - a whole starting rotation down with TJ and injury. Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano - half the backend of the pen, Street, Bailey and Bedrosian. Now Maybin has gone done too - and with no Trout it's just a shambles. 

I hate baseball sometimes. The Hamilton contract is finally coming off the books next year so we should have more flexibility. I think Eppler has done a really good job building a pen from other people's waste, and JC Ramirez has been incredible since being picked up from the Reds and converted to starter. We've also slowly started rebuilding a farm system that was pretty dire.

We need to start putting together a winning team though if we have any chance of keeping Trout 4 years down the line. 

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Except that the city did NOTHING around the field. If you left on the South Side of the Stadium, you were fucked. I think the whole thing was stupid, and moving to Cobb is just a cluster, but if you go to a game, it's actually a great area they have made around the stadium.

Doesn't really matter because Turner was a fine ball park and taking the Marta to Atlanta is easier than Marietta. It has really alienated fans on the south and west side of Atlanta.  Not a Braves fan but I do always go to a game when the Cubs are in town.

Just now, Spike said:

Doesn't really matter because Turner was a fine ball park and taking the Marta to Atlanta is easier than Marietta. It has really alienated fans on the south and west side of Atlanta.  Not a Braves fan but I do always go to a game when the Cubs are in town.

Yeah, I hate MARTA so I don't even take it to United games.

Turner was better for tailgating, and a great stadium, but Sun Trust definitely has it's perks.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I hate MARTA so I don't even take it to United games.

Turner was better for tailgating, and a great stadium, but Sun Trust definitely has it's perks.

I've never been to Suntrust. Besides, 'Turner' is a better name!

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I've never been to Suntrust. Besides, 'Turner' is a better name!

You should go. You should also go to a United Game.

Since the wife is pregnant, we won't be able to go to many more games, so if you interested, I can cut you a deal on our tickets.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

I got fast talked into getting a mets game plan....

Gross. Mets are ghey

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Since the wife is pregnant, we won't be able to go to many more games, so if you interested, I can cut you a deal on our tickets.

Gross. Mets are ghey

RIGHT?!?!?! Guy walks in and is like so you a mets fan? I'm just like no die hard phillies phan, next thing I know I was shaking his hands and I had mets tickets....

Just now, Dickie said:

RIGHT?!?!?! Guy walks in and is like so you a mets fan? I'm just like no die hard phillies phan, next thing I know I was grabbing his dick and I had mets tickets....

Wow, that's one hell of a way to get tickets.

2 hours ago, Eco said:

Gross. Mets are ghey

:o

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Storts said:

So basically we were a one man team, thankfully that man is the greatest player on the planet, but he's out for 2 months.

Somehow we're hovering around .500 not far off the second wild card in the AL but it's a miracle to be honest. We've had an easy schedule and our pitching and makeshift bullpen has been excellent on the whole. The hitting has been woeful.

We've been so unlucky with injuries - a whole starting rotation down with TJ and injury. Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano - half the backend of the pen, Street, Bailey and Bedrosian. Now Maybin has gone done too - and with no Trout it's just a shambles. 

I hate baseball sometimes. The Hamilton contract is finally coming off the books next year so we should have more flexibility. I think Eppler has done a really good job building a pen from other people's waste, and JC Ramirez has been incredible since being picked up from the Reds and converted to starter. We've also slowly started rebuilding a farm system that was pretty dire.

We need to start putting together a winning team though if we have any chance of keeping Trout 4 years down the line. 

Tough break Storts - tell me more

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Spike said:

The American League is shit and hides behind 'parity'. Oooh, look at our league everyone has .500 - that is because they are shit teams. 

The National League is so boring. Can't wait for the day they bring in the DH. Hate inter league games at NL Parks so much

1 minute ago, Storts said:

The National League is so boring. Can't wait for the day they bring in the DH. Hate inter league games at NL Parks so much

lol the NL outhits the AL, son. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

lol the NL outhits the AL, son. 

It may do, but it's not enjoyable for me. I hate watching the pitcher come up and rally killing at bats. I want to see the 9 best hitters on a team. 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

It may do, but it's not enjoyable for me. I hate watching the pitcher come up and rally killing at bats. I want to see the 9 best hitters on a team. 

NL > AL

Nothing is better than watching Big Sexy hit. 

A quality hitting pitcher is rare, but they have been around and they are awesome. 

Just now, Eco said:

NL > AL

Nothing is better than watching Big Sexy hit. 

A quality hitting pitcher is rare, but they have been around and they are awesome. 

Colón is funny. Ryu is as well, especially running bases. As a dodger fan I still love Matt Kemp and I´m happy to see he´s doing well.

Archived