talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

MLB 2017/18 Thread

football forum

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

It may do, but it's not enjoyable for me. I hate watching the pitcher come up and rally killing at bats. I want to see the 9 best hitters on a team. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The DH rule is for simpletons.

Bartolo Colón is a cunt.

Why do you think Bartolo is a cunt? I think he is fun character, good for the game. Having said that, I don´t think he should´ve won the Cy Young in 2005 (?) and I also don´t think he´s a capable MLB pitcher anymore.

What´s your team, by the way?

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Why do you think Bartolo is a cunt? I think he is fun character, good for the game. Having said that, I don´t think he should´ve won the Cy Young in 2005 (?) and I also don´t think he´s a capable MLB pitcher anymore.

What´s your team, by the way?

Had a secret second family, failed to pay them child support.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

Also the PED thing (and he's absolutely nauseating to look at)

Diamondbacks. Ironically, we'd benefit from the DH rule with how terrible Yasmany Tomás is in the field.

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Had a secret second family, failed to pay them child support.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

Also the PED thing (and he's absolutely nauseating to look at)

Diamondbacks. Ironically, we'd benefit from the DH rule with how terrible Yasmany Tomás is in the field.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that´s not nice. 

The Dodgers also would benefit, they have a guy in the minors, Willie Calhoun, he can flat out hit but is worse than Daniel Murphy at 2nd,  a butcher. 

Do you think the DBacks are for real? As a dodger fan, I´m still more worried about the Rockies, but you just keep winning. Goldie and Pollock are great players.

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Oh, I see. Yeah, that´s not nice. 

The Dodgers also would benefit, they had a guy in the minors, Willie Calhoun, he can flat out hit but is worse than Daniel Murphy at 2nd,  a butcher. 

Do you think the DBacks are for real? As a dodger fan, I´m still more worried about the Rockies, but you just keep winning. Goldie and Pollock are great players.

I think so, yeah. Goldy and AJ are all stars, but there are also the likes of Lamb and Peralta, and our pitching (rotation and bullpen) is very good. That said, there are a lot of hurdles we need to overcome. Drury, Owings and Lamb are hitting well, but they need to sustain that. Lamb dropped off horribly in the second half of last season but he's good enough to avoid that, whereas the other two are just unproven.

We'll struggle if Zack Godley's performance drops off (which I think is likely) and/or Patrick Corbin doesn't get his shit together.

Then there's Fernando Rodney who makes me shit myself every time he comes to close out a game. I feel like it's just a matter of time before he completely implodes and starts blowing saves left right and centre. Hopefully someone like Bradley or McFarland takes over before that happens.

I think your Dodgers will win the division because you look great after a shaky start, so we're battling for a wildcard spot, meaning the series against the Rockies will be crucial. Unfortunately, we've got absolutely fuck all in the minor leagues to trade if we are close near the deadline so we're pretty much stuck with this team, plus a couple of relievers who are recovering from injuries.

The Rockies record at this stage is a little misleading; they're 9-1 in 1 run games. Even considering their great closer, that's ridiculous. I think they're legit too, but not that legit.

I really don't care how well the Cubs do as long as they do better than the Cardinals and the White Sox. Third worst team in the world? That is okay as long as Fards and Who? is behind them.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I really don't care how well the Cubs do as long as they do better than the Cardinals and the White Sox. Third worst team in the world? That is okay as long as Fards and Who? is behind them.

Haha, I actually grew up a White Sox fan. 

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Wow, I can't believe he debuted at 38 for Oakland. Pretty impressive.

haha - You're such an asshat. 

I have been to Sarasota a few times when they had their spring training down there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived