talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka Signs for Man Utd

• The title was changed to Aaron Wan-Bissaka - Palace Defender Moving?
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Rumours were bound to surface regarding Wan-Bissaka.

With Antonio Valencia not getting any younger and Ashley Young being shite, Wan-Bissaka would be a decent move.

Not sure why they want Van Aanholt though. Shaw isn't that bad to be replaced.

If I was a top six club I would take the asking price for Bissaka but not Zaha.

Van Aanholt has all the attributes you want for a modern day wing back. Hes quick, good at going forward, tackling. I imagine he will settle for a backup/rotation role which will appeal to all top six clubs with good left wing backs. His big issue is consistency. He is always brilliant in the last third of the season and average for the first two. Which seems to be a trend for 5/6 years.

I can see us losing one of Bissaka, Luka, Van Aanholt or Zaha this summer. If Zaha wants to go he will have to force the move as his asking price will be significantly higher than the others. I imagine of the four the one to go will be Bissaka due to Zahas asking price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Surely Wan-Bissaka has a chance of going for a shit load though, he's pretty much nailed on for an England cap in the next year or two and has been a revelation by all accounts.

Zaha won't leave I don't think for the reason you gave, he's a good player but he's not a top player and he's going to cost a top player fee.

As far as I know Dalot is really highly rated, and he's not had a proper run playing at RB to my knowledge. Shaw likewise has shown his quality when given a decent run, besides switching off during United's implosion in the last few games. 

I don't get why you would blow huge sums in those areas when you've got acceptable options right there, and such glaring problems elsewhere. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

If he goes to United, watch him somehow be total gash in 2 years time.

Should look at Zaha's experience there. Didn't work out at all. Man Utd really isn't a great place for a youngster to go to these days. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 6666 said:

He's still just a RB.

I'd argue that FB's in the modern game are extremely important. Trent for example assisted about 15 goals this season (a record for a FB) and Robertson wasnt far behind at LB. 

Between them they assisted about 25 goals this season which is massive whichever way you look at it. 

Dani Alves has more assists than any other play to Messi...most likely years of watching Kieran Gibbs, Nacho Monreal, Stephen Lichsteiner and Hector Bellerin play has led @6666 to believe the position in general is overrated :D

Fullback is clearly a very important position in modern football. Now the top sides are expecting fullbacks to not just be solid defensively, but actively contribute to the side going forward. And considering how much space is left wide open when a fullback bombs on, it generally takes pretty remarkable athleticism for these modern fullbacks to be able to sprint back into position if something goes wrong while they're up the pitch. Two of our most impressive players this season (and we had a lot of impressive players this season, I think), imo, are Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold for their pretty remarkable contribution going forward for us while also being a part of an incredible defense.

At right back, Manchester United are clearly in need of an upgrade over Ashley Young - I can understand why they'd be after Wan Bissaka. Yes, he's only had one season where we've seen him play - I remember being thoroughly impressed with him. Being young and English and an important player to Palace, he's obviously going to command a big price tag. We've all seen what the recent transfer fees have been like in this post-Neymar transfer market that exists and the fact that all of the English clubs are now flush with an insane amount of TV money.

I do think they have a danger of breaking another promising young player's potential to be the player we expect them to be (I remember thinking Phil Jones would be immense when he was at Blackburn, then United signed him and now he's a living meme), and maybe Wan Bissaka should stay at Palace to develop a bit further before moving to a club where the pressure and demand for results will be as high as it would at United.

It's interesting too that United are also being linked with Maguire again. They clearly need improvement at the back and he'd be their best CB most likely - but if it's true that they're in for him, that's two really expensive English defenders... and you can make an argument they could be getting better value for money by signing someone abroad, allowing them to have more funds to rejuvenate their squad elsewhere. Because they have problems everywhere. But I imagine they'll be looking to shift on some of their overpriced shite like Lukaku & co.

Personally I hope neither of them go to United because I like those players right now and I will be forced to dislike the shit out of them if they make their way on over to Old Toilet. But if they do sign these players, I hope these clubs take them to the fucking cleaners and they pay well over the odds.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

Dani Alves has more assists than any other play to Messi...most likely years of watching Kieran Gibbs, Nacho Monreal, Stephen Lichsteiner and Hector Bellerin play has led @6666 to believe the position in general is overrated :D

Are they buying Dani Alves though you ignorant prick? Or TAA you silly knobhead? It's Wan-Bissaka.

• Subscriber

Is Wan Bissaka that good going forward? I know he got the odd assist last season but you need to be creating a lot from full back these days to be justifying the top money.

Anyway, apparently Man Utd have had a £50m bid turned down today.

• The title was changed to Aaron Wan-Bissaka Signs for Man Utd

Archived