talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexandre Lacazette - Atletico Madrid Targeting Striker

Antoine Griezmann isn't a traditional 9 at all, but all the same he's being used as the reason for Atlético Madrid apparently reigniting their past interest in the Arsenal striker... Griezmann publicly announced his departure from Atleti and now the speculation is rife with other names like Inter's Mauro Icardi and Juve's Paulo Dybala (Dybala being more of a Griezmann replacement than the others).

Alexandre Lacazette was also part of a news shock yesterday when FC Barcelona's english language official website was hacked on an unknown gateway where you could add any name via a series of numbers being added in the URL. The announcement of Lacazette joining Barça was up for all of 6 minutes before the club managed to react and patch the problem.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Antoine Griezmann isn't a traditional 9 at all, but all the same he's being used as the reason for Atlético Madrid apparently reigniting their past interest in the Arsenal striker... Griezmann publicly announced his departure from Atleti and now the speculation is rife with other names like Inter's Mauro Icardi and Juve's Paulo Dybala (Dybala being more of a Griezmann replacement than the others).

Alexandre Lacazette was also part of a news shock yesterday when FC Barcelona's english language official website was hacked on an unknown gateway where you could add any name via a series of numbers being added in the URL. The announcement of Lacazette joining Barça was up for all of 6 minutes before the club managed to react and patch the problem.

So this rumour is based on someone hacking the site and editing it to look like Lacazette is going there xD?!

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

So this rumour is based on someone hacking the site and editing it to look like Lacazette is going there xD?!

NINTCHDBPICT000490051871.jpg

This is how Barça's official English language website looked for all of six minutes yesterday. xD

Apparently the hacker then managed to use other names before the problem was patched.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

NINTCHDBPICT000490051871.jpg

This is how Barça's official English language website looked for all of six minutes yesterday. xD

Apparently the hacker then managed to use other names before the problem was patched.

Yeah, so where's the rumour?

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What rumour?

I can invent one if you like... @Cannabis finally sent me those naked pictures I've been asking for so as to return. :ph34r:

Lacazette to Atletico (or Barca). Apart from your own thoughts...?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Lacazette to Atletico (or Barca). Apart from your own thoughts...?

I don’t know whether to believe this one although Atlético Madrid were hours away from signing him before he went to Arsenal. So obviously they have scout work done on him from the past.

The Barcelona bit I added because it was weird.

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Please, please be true. Hopefully we can con Barca out like Liverpool did with Coutinho. 

25 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Another terrible signing on the way then who will offer and do nothing. What is it with all these junk signings?

Agree. 

27 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I never really rated Lacazette but I thought he'd won the Arsenal fans over?

Massively overrated by the fan base, no doubting he is a good player but he is not elite. I actually think Giroud was superior and we spent more on fees and wages on Lacazette.

His partnership with Aubameyang doesn't really work for me and it creates an imbalance in our team. We could easily replicate his goals with a decent winger and it would mean Aubameyang can consistently play as the 9. Anything over £50m would be a massive win for us. 

38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Agree. 

Not sure what Barca are getting out of this, he works hard but offers nothing at all apart from hold up play, he is a very poor finisher and that is why he gets no where near the French team.  Another broken transfer for Barcelona if this one goes through. 

20 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Massively overrated by the fan base, no doubting he is a good player but he is not elite. I actually think Giroud was superior and we spent more on fees and wages on Lacazette.

His partnership with Aubameyang doesn't really work for me and it creates an imbalance in our team. We could easily replicate his goals with a decent winger and it would mean Aubameyang can consistently play as the 9. Anything over £50m would be a massive win for us. 

We have no wingers that is the real problem at Arsenal, our width is Bellerin/Niles and Kolasonic at Wingback that is it, we have nothing as all the wide players got sold and never replaced.   Arsenal do need a clear out and there are only 2 or so players that are worth any kind of value in the whole Arsenal team,  losing Lacazette isn't a loss at all but Arsenal need to replace him.

• Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Lacazette was just another version of Wiltord. 

I remember Wiltord being quite important for Arsenal's early 00s success. Feel like Lacazette could still reach that level but incomparable right now I think.

• The title was changed to Alexandre Lacazette - Atletico Madrid Targeting Striker
  • The topic was locked

Archived