talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Middlesbrough Discussion

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that coming. Huge problems with the squad at the moment. It's literally a squad of centre backs, centre midfielders and strikers plus a goalkeeper. No width at the back, middle or up front. They need to spend some mula but Gibbo won't want to. Could be a long time in the champo this time around. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Saw that coming. Huge problems with the squad at the moment. It's literally a squad of centre backs, centre midfielders and strikers plus a goalkeeper. No width at the back, middle or up front. They need to spend some mula but Gibbo won't want to. Could be a long time in the champo this time around. 

Oh no.

What a shame...

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh no.

What a shame...

Look, I've had to watch a few of their dross as fuck games under Pulis this season, and I wouldn't be keen on them in the Premier league under him either if I had a dog in that fight. But my mate loves them more than most of you cunts love your clubs (He's been to England more or less just to watch them for a month and he's going back again this year) so I have to be sympathetic I guess. I understand they're just another background club with a 35k stadium and a red strip. But they're an old club, and they'll never achieve anything if they can't get to the prem first. 

How many people gave a fuck about Leicester 5 seasons ago? 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Look, I've had to watch a few of their dross as fuck games under Pulis this season, and I wouldn't be keen on them in the Premier league under him either if I had a dog in that fight. But my mate loves them more than most of you cunts love your clubs (He's been to England more or less just to watch them for a month and he's going back again this year) so I have to be sympathetic I guess. I understand they're just another background club with a 35k stadium and a red strip. But they're an old club, and they'll never achieve anything if they can't get to the prem first. 

How many people gave a fuck about Leicester 5 seasons ago? 

Irrelevant how many people gave a fuck about Leicester - even if it was only 1 person it wouldn't change my opinion on Middlesbrough?

I get you've got a connection through your mate who supports them, and that's a great lot of dedication to travel to watch them. Fair play to him.

I just find them as a club quite boring. It's not like they've not been in the Premier League before. They were much better to watch in the early/mid 00s, especially when they had their success in Europe too. They got to the UEFA Cup final which shouldn't be looked down upon. 

When they were last in the Premier League though much more recently, they were boring and nothing has changed for me in that sense since they've been in the Championship. Pulis probably has a big part to play in that given his 'brand/style' of football. 

52 minutes ago, Stan said:

Irrelevant how many people gave a fuck about Leicester - even if it was only 1 person it wouldn't change my opinion on Middlesbrough?

I get you've got a connection through your mate who supports them, and that's a great lot of dedication to travel to watch them. Fair play to him.

I just find them as a club quite boring. It's not like they've not been in the Premier League before. They were much better to watch in the early/mid 00s, especially when they had their success in Europe too. They got to the UEFA Cup final which shouldn't be looked down upon. 

When they were last in the Premier League though much more recently, they were boring and nothing has changed for me in that sense since they've been in the Championship. Pulis probably has a big part to play in that given his 'brand/style' of football. 

Exactly

Pulis was interesting for a while, he had success with Stoke and it was different and pretty unique seeing this team of giants kicking their way to safety every year but the novelty wore off and football evolved a bit and Pulis just got annoying and monotonous and hopefully we’re seeing the end of him now. 

He had it tough losing some of the key names they had last summer but even if they stayed that wouldn’t have changed his style of play and they’d have still binned him. 

Thought they’d be one of those clubs that are trying to be a bit edgy and different and would have ended up appointing some fella from the depths of German Football but they want Woodgate apparently, not sure how it would work but he’s got to be more positive than Pulis. 

• The title was changed to Tony Pulis Leaves Boro; Terry Tipped To Take Over
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, I should have worded it as a proper managerial job. It’s still a big step up from being an assistant to someone whose been managing for about ten years. 

With the success that Lampard is having, it only increased his chances of going straight to the manager gig. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

315204123_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.790bba278e0f397a983d17e52702a082.png

Jonathan Woodgate: Middlesbrough confirm ex-England defender as manager

Middlesbrough have named Jonathan Woodgate as their new head coach on a three-year deal.

The former England defender, 39, was part of the coaching set-up under previous boss Tony Pulis but has never been a manager before.

Pulis left in May after Boro failed to reach the Championship play-offs.

Woodgate will be assisted by former Leeds and Tottenham team-mate Robbie Keane at the Riverside as well as Leo Percovich and Danny Coyne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624

11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

315204123_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.790bba278e0f397a983d17e52702a082.png

Jonathan Woodgate: Middlesbrough confirm ex-England defender as manager

Middlesbrough have named Jonathan Woodgate as their new head coach on a three-year deal.

The former England defender, 39, was part of the coaching set-up under previous boss Tony Pulis but has never been a manager before.

Pulis left in May after Boro failed to reach the Championship play-offs.

Woodgate will be assisted by former Leeds and Tottenham team-mate Robbie Keane at the Riverside as well as Leo Percovich and Danny Coyne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624

Robbie Keane will fill in for Woodgate as manager when Woodgate managers to get injured while coaching Boro in training.

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Middlesbrough Discussion
On 01/11/2019 at 10:25, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.a8e057afdd382c300dd6d250fe4a8691.png

Middlesbrough have told senior players they will have to take significant pay cuts to stay at the Championship club. (Mail)

So that would be Gestede, Ayala and Assombalonga then possibly Randolph, Clayton, Howson and Friend.

They do have some very good players coming through in Tavernier, Wood, Wing and Fry. Albeit none of then are going to supply Middlesbrough with the goals they so desperately need at the minute.

Archived