talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Schalke 04 Thread - Komm' auch du zum S04!

• 2 weeks later...

Fans of young Mckennie will note that he was almost invisible for half an hour in the game against Brazil.  He had then one or two chances - missed a wide open goal, fouled a few more than others and finally was subbed on 84 minutes - no sure if there is any better player available, but anywhere else he would fade into obscurity.  Pity he can't do that in Gelsenkirchen!

• 1 month later...
On 18/10/2018 at 15:20, SchalkeUK said:

Need to keep this thread alive, but at the moment not a positive thought to offer anyone!

Well, thought it worth noting that I hadn’t realized that Schalke broke tradition of using Adidas for the first time. I think Umbro make great kits, so that’s some good news! :twothumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Not much of a positive nature to post on here since October, but with Christmas coming up please accept the best wishes from me and the 04 gang for a great holiday.  Just as a weird idea to recreate greatness, try and find a team from your ex players who are still playing - and playing well elsewhere - Nuri was good yesterday and would still fit into the present BVB squad and our ex Finnish forward is playing well in Norwich.  I would find it difficult to beat my selection of 04 'cast-offs'

Neuer

Kehrer     Howedes   Fuchs   Kolasinac

Meyer         Ozil        Rakitic

Draxler             Pukki         Sane   

Plus a load more to choose from as subs!   - Rafinha,  Matip  Goretzka   Szalai    Huntelaar    it goes on and on.......

How's your ex squad looking?

Edited by SchalkeUK

3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Not much of a positive nature to post on here since October, but with Christmas coming up please accept the best wishes from me and the 04 gang for a great holiday.  Just as a weird idea to recreate greatness, try and find a team from your ex players who are still playing - and playing well elsewhere - Nuri was good yesterday and would still fit into the present BVB squad and our ex Finnish forward is playing well in Norwich.  I would find it difficult to beat my selection of 04 'cast-offs'

Neuer

Plus a load more to choose from as subs!   - Rafinha,  Matip  Goretzka   Szalai    Huntelaar    it goes on and on.......

Wells ours slowly got us relegated, soooo...

Even our old players from our most recent Europa ventures are now fading, including Kompany :(

8 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Neuer

I'm missing Edi Glieder, Ali Karimi, Albert Streit, Carlos Grossmüller and Zé Roberto II. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Neuer

Fuchs is not a center back :ph34r:

Come on Tommy!  That's like saying that the midfield trio should not swap places at times when the opposition weaknesses were identified or telling Leroy and Julien to stay on the right or left side as they started (Pep allows  that often).  During his time at Leicester, Stan will tell you that Christian has been often the best winger on the park and his crosses from wide out have been as good as his attacks through the middle -Sead does the same so they will swap places and cover each other.  You should know how that works - if it didn't you would still be wearing a yellow shirt - choose your place and stick to it - rigidly - a bit like Mrs May's daft Brexit idea - and look where its getting her!  Respect the guys who play for you and give them the sort of freedom Pep applies at Man City - the special one does not do that and Man U are suffering from a rigid sort of set-up which isn't working.  What position was young Sancho in on Saturday and where was Kimmich when he scored?  Great players do not need numbers, just support and I know they get that as much from you as from me!  Strange how supporters around the world fall out with Managers and Coaches long before they blame incompetent players!

Just read the 04 news page from last night.  I cannot believe what is on there.  Total complacency and an unwillingness to accept the errors which again caused the defeat.  We have a number of injuries to cope with, but Burgstaller and Di Santo have been inept so they cannot be missed.  Embolo's loss is a problem, but he might not have been selected as normal anyway,  Tedesco has failed totally to sort out Harit's game-playing problem - a job for a proper man-manager, and to use Wright who was the main problem for Leverkusen was a good idea - so the idiot substitutes him and bringing on the ex Union guy was fine but then he had only a midfielder playing out of position (normal tactics these days) but one who is so small as to be insignificant at times and no real threat in the penalty area.  The fact that he had the best chances sums up the garbage around him and his efforts were admirable against the rest of the dross.  So Tedesco and Fahrman blame what - guess what - our bad luck.  The pre match tributes were great, pity the Knappen didn't dig another hole for Tedesco!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy new year to all - and with it Tedesco has achieved another brilliant piece of strategy - the only decent defender we had left has left - Naldo belongs Monaco.  If they think he can play until 2020 why is he not staying with us?  Mendyl - one of the better signings is out probably for the rest of the season so what will the back line be?  Having tried Schopf everywhere else perhaps he is the answer alongside McKennie but of course Burgstaller could play there - he isn't going to be any use up front so why not?  At least playing in defence he will not be offside as often as he normally is:(

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 4 weeks later...

Matondo!  Young Manchester City kid is daft enough to sign for Tedesco. He credentials and what experience he has so far is better than practically every other player at 04 at present, but as a winger he will be blamed for not providing goals when all he has to aim at is rubbish in the centre and the striker kids are being messed about as is normal at this time in Gelsenkirchen.  No Embolo or  Harit at the moment and if Burgstaller or Di Santo comes back, he will be blamed for not giving them the ball when they will never be where they should be - normal game for them lately!  He deserves better, wish him well, but he will struggle until the Management is sorted out!  If he doubts the above - just talk to Konoplyanka!

So now young Matondo knows what he has done.  This pathetic selfish performance from 04 today says everything about Tedesco that one would want not to know.  Bringing on the youngster to a team with a dwarf against tall defenders as his main striker and a thug in midfield - why that leg-breaking sort of tackle wasn't properly punished only the ref knows!, but the to bring on the new young guy and let him be frozen out by the rest of the team was a disgrace - not one single attempt at a pass to him during the time he was on and he still has to touch the ball on the Veltins pitch! Add to that I had to endure the BT commentators trying to excuse the performance by blaming the 'ice-covered frozen pitch'.  Perhaps it looked like that in their warm BT Studio where they were sat in the UK, but as it had been inside for many warm hours it just shows what they know!  Life has to get better sometime but at least I can feel happy for Tommy and nudge  - not the best day, but they got a point - which is something Tedesco still hasn't got. One final question!

How many players, playing out of position and trying to do what they are not able to achieve has resulted in injuries - and is that the coaches' fault or theirs (even rat Ferguson finished Smithy' international career with that approach).  Now look at Tedesco's injury list and ask who is to blame?  Schopf the defender, McKennie the striker, Harit the striker, Di Santo, the anything (once upon a time), and Burgstaller - more of a corner flag protector than a middle man.  Sag' mir wo die Blumen sind?

After another pathetic 90 minutes we have parted with Franco Di Santo - off to sunny Spain and hopefully a revitalised career - the way he has been treated by Tedesco has been the usual disrespectful version of man-management at its worst.  Another young  Academy player signed - at least he should be here until 2022 when he will be targeted by other clubs and will wait to be let go for nothing - normal practice for any talented youngster these days.  Now the young striker will be taught how to defend in mid-field and given a role as substitute goalkeeper as a two match ban pushes out of favour  classy keeper Ralph back into the goal - mind you Tedesco could act in character and bring in Michael Langer, but having missed the transfer window and with Ralph still here one never knows........  With no strikers available for last week, the new young guy was so good he never got near the field!

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 3 weeks later...

Great News:  Following another 90 minutes of Tedesco garbage today, it has been announced that his 'mentor' Christian Heidl - formerly of Mainz and anywhere  - has decided to quit the sinking ship.  He will stay on for the money until the end of the season but hopefully he will have no say in Tedesco's successor - that decision was flawed from the outset.  Now all we have to do is await for Tedesco and Tonnies to do the honourable thing and we can start from scratchy again - but with a bit of luck - still in the Top flight next season!

PS.  If anyone is in contact with young  Maximillian, please don't ask him to comment - he very rarely uses foul language!

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 2 months later...