talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Schalke 04 Thread - Komm' auch du zum S04!

Seine Einstellung war nicht gut und ist oft nicht glücklich mit seinen Freunden in Defence. Unser Hauptproblem ist Burgstaller! Die jungen Spieler zeigen, was möglich ist und David muss sie spielen lassen.

Sorry - that's the best I Can do - Have a great Christmas und wie immer!

Sei nett!

PS:  Do not forget that Ralf is only on loan to Norwich until the end of  the season and has only made one appearance for them so far this season.

Edited by SchalkeUK

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

Seine Einstellung war nicht gut und ist oft nicht glücklich mit seinen Freunden in Defence. Unser Hauptproblem ist Burgstaller! Die jungen Spieler zeigen, was möglich ist und David muss sie spielen lassen.

Sorry - that's the best I Can do - Have a great Christmas und wie immer!

Sei nett!

PS:  Do not forget that Ralf is only on loan to Norwich until the end of  the season and has only made one appearance for them so far this season.

And don't forget Markus Schubert. Very capable keeper. I can see him being Schalke's first choice goalkeeper next season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear... We still seem to be keeping Guido but have let young Fabien go - not the best of moves but Uth to Koln seems about right.  Still time..... Max physically hurt yesterday to add to the other hurt he has had this season. The sooner he comes home the better. 

Edited by SchalkeUK

Final score of 4-0 is good in any form of game, but a clean sheet and a performance which was summed up by the speed of attack and Burgstaller getting on at 71 minutes and touching the ball 3 times - the first on the 81st minute showed why he is totally out of his depth with these kids.  The young guy from Tommy's town looks tough and ready to go as support in defence and the final result left a nice feeling for the 2020 restart - oh and a very happy new year to you nice people!:hh:

Schalke have taken young Barcelona defender Jean-Clair Todibo on loan for 1.5 million Euros until the end of the season. But they have an option to buy him permanently at the end of the season for a possible total fee of 30 million Euros. This could turn out to be a great deal for Schalke, as the recently turned 20 young defender, is one of the most highly rated youngsters in France.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1572725/agreement-with-schalke-04-for-todibo-on-loan

• 1 month later...

Apologies to those who care not, but I only get chance to do this every four years!

Happy birthday to our ex-captain, international and great schoolkid - Benny Howedes, who was born on Feb 29th and pretends to have a b'day every year.  This time it's for real and have a great 8th birthday although we still regard it as 32!

• Upvote 1

I posted this yesterday:

Tomorrow we will sit down for dinner and celebrate Thomas and his friends progress to the Semis, - the rest of us will try and avoid trying to calculate how many Bayern - minus Robert L - will be able to put past 04 with Alex Nubel's assistance.

Perhaps someone is reading my mail!

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

I posted this yesterday:

Tomorrow we will sit down for dinner and celebrate Thomas and his friends progress to the Semis, - the rest of us will try and avoid trying to calculate how many Bayern - minus Robert L - will be able to put past 04 with Alex Nubel's assistance.

Perhaps someone is reading my mail!

Surely hope you won't have anything  to celebrate during this match.xD

• Sad 1

Surely hope you won't have anything  to celebrate during this match.xD

Following the dire performance against Bayern in the Pokal when 04 had less that 1/5 of possession and were totally inept in front of goal, the main culprit had the nerve to post this as his thoughts after the match

We were in it right up until the final whistle. Our disappointment after losing the game is greater than our satisfaction with our performance. We were missing a little bit of luck in front of goal. You have to take your chances if you want to beat Bayern. I had a good opportunity, but could only hit the bar. I was also just offside for another one. Benito had a moment right after coming on and then Gregerl was unlucky right at the end. I’d like to thank our fans, who pushed us on throughout the whole game. Despite the loss, we did a lot right. The performance will give us some confidence going into the next games.

One hit the bar and one offside chance in 90 minutes.  Says it all really and well done a satisfied Herr Burgstaller.  Stay with that team and Hoffenheim will be waiting with baited breath for Saturday.  DW has to sort it out soon or Burgstaller, Nastasic and Schopf will finally seal his fate after this rubbish again this week.  As a further thought, when Nastasic came back from injury to be the senior defender with no thought for creating anything from the back just check the results after that and the lack of performance from the midfield - particularly Harit who, up to that point, had been brilliant!  If we can see that from the side perhaps DW should sit in the stands on Saturday and observe the game from higher up!

Edited by SchalkeUK

Difficult whether to blame Alex or DW.  His head is not in the right place at the moment and playing him when there are other things testing his confidence - in his decisions and his actions - is not the correct thing to do.  This has been obvious since he was dropped and then had to come back after the injury to young Schubert.  If he was watching the Manchester Derby he would have been lifted when he sees other, more experienced guys having similar problems.  Bayern still have the confidence to continue with his contract so whilst I have problems with guys like Burgstaller, I would never 'diss' him whilst he is on the field - he doesn't pick himself and when he is going through a bad patch he needs help to sort it - maybe at a different level for a game or two, but real fans will still get behind the team even though things are not good at the moment - that has been obvious even during recent games. Recent Norwich  and Watford games show where the genuine fans are and although it can hurt, Viva guy is correct - just shut up! 

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

David Wagner said:

David Wagner:

It was a poor performance and we conceded goals at bad moments – both before and just after the break. We weren’t brave enough today. We gave Dortmund too much freedom and space. Their goals could easily have been avoided. We didn’t have a feeling of where we were at today. Our defending wasn’t good enough and we deserved to lose the game.  We need to dust ourselves down and improve for next time. The team – despite the result – has a lot of potential. I don’t want to start questioning that because of one day.

Problem is David, this is not new - it has been the way things have been going all 2020 and difficult decisions need to be taken.  Tedesco ruined any chances you had of having a great season - during his time he lost Kehrer, Howedes, Kolasinac, Naldo and Uchida through inability to talk to players - so the defence was stuffed.  In midfield Goretzka, Geiss and Meyer left - millions of Euros wasted as they went for nothing!  His attempts to replace Huntelaar and others up front were pathetic and kids were not given any decent runs to get used to first team football.  It was a brave decision to take the job, but it needs the nastiness of Magrat and the understanding of Stevens to combine and take full charge and realise who is letting you down on the field. Be the boss - as I said, be brave.  The 04 gang will support you as we all know the season is either going to end in disaster or a courageous effort to get thing ready for 2021.  More than ever now there needs to be total support from upstairs and if you are not careful they will let you down and then - as usual - blame you and hide in the Office as you leave!  We have seen too many good coaches leave as a result of their ineptitude and lack of support - talk with Gerald and  good luck fella!

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 3 weeks later...

So Schalke have decided against taking advantage of their purchase option of buying Todibo for 25 million, because apparently they can't afford the fee. This is a bit of a shame from Schalke's perspective, as Todibo is one of the most highly rated young defenders around. The fact that Barcelona demanded 60 million buy back clause, had Schalke bought him, gives an indication as to how highly he is rated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! The young Irishman has been watched for some time now and with our present problems in goal he will have a good chance to progress even from the U-19 side at first, but it might not be too long before his ability gets him higher!  Sad for all the local girls who are 04 fans - the rumour was that we were signing a refugee from Love Island - turned out to be another Dan!:dam:

I also find it difficult to u here have not had the usual go at 04 for the disaster in the Tonnies factory - not the 04 factory which he pre3sides over with total disgraceful behaviour - can't understand why he did not object to the latest support running through the PL and the BL for the BLM movement - but hopefully this might force him out once and for all and we can get back to decent, honest behaviour which will stop folk like DDW making those sort of comments which a few years ago would have got him thrown out of here!  Not sure if I should continue at the moment!  We lost a lot of young TFF supporters when the language got out of hand then and it seems to be getting that way now - sure there will be calls for me to shut the X up but that will only make the point more relevant.  Not sure if I am now in the minority in this or are we losing the respect which we always tried to engender here?

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c045417f433fc3781d1fe21eb51921fe.png

Weston McKennie transfer expected from Schalke; clubs in England, Spain, France, Germany monitoring situation

McKennie's tenure at Schalke appears to be coming to an end

Weston McKennie is expected to leave FC Schalke this summer, and clubs from at least four different European nations -- Spain, England, France and Germany -- have expressed interest in his services and are monitoring his situation, sources tell CBS Sports. 

The 21-year-old Texas native has been a staple in the middle of the park since joining the Bundesliga side in 2016. He's played 91 matches for the Schalke, including at least 30 in each of the last two seasons. McKennie was one of the few bright spots this season as the club stumbled to a 12th-place finish after pushing for a Europa League spot just months ago. 

CBS Sports 1945529678_download(5).png.3f4fa22e9014e2526ddd4a0bcb40f676.png

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 09:26, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.c045417f433fc3781d1fe21eb51921fe.png

Weston McKennie transfer expected from Schalke; clubs in England, Spain, France, Germany monitoring situation

McKennie's tenure at Schalke appears to be coming to an end

Weston McKennie is expected to leave FC Schalke this summer, and clubs from at least four different European nations -- Spain, England, France and Germany -- have expressed interest in his services and are monitoring his situation, sources tell CBS Sports. 

The 21-year-old Texas native has been a staple in the middle of the park since joining the Bundesliga side in 2016. He's played 91 matches for the Schalke, including at least 30 in each of the last two seasons. McKennie was one of the few bright spots this season as the club stumbled to a 12th-place finish after pushing for a Europa League spot just months ago. 

CBS Sports 1945529678_download(5).png.3f4fa22e9014e2526ddd4a0bcb40f676.png

Sorry but the little thug is not amongst the favourites - other players have had enough and good luck to whoever gets him - as long as they can keep him on the field he might - just might - be useful - but not in Germany.  The officials have had enough and have been watching him closely at the end of the season - best way to describe him is a selfish version of Paul Scholes.  Watch him carefully - not just a little bit from a distance!

• 3 weeks later...

In the end they missed out,.xDAfter negotiating with Freiburg and the keeper for weeks, and all that talk how this deal would be done and dusted in short time, Schalke didn't manage to agree terms with them, and Schwolow joins Hertha BSC instead. Will be interesting to learn whom Schalke sign as their new first choice keeper now, if they sign anybody for this role at all.

• Upvote 1

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 14:39, Rucksackfranzose said:

In the end they missed out,.xDAfter negotiating with Freiburg and the keeper for weeks, and all that talk how this deal would be done and dusted in short time, Schalke didn't manage to agree terms with them, and Schwolow joins Hertha BSC instead. Will be interesting to learn whom Schalke sign as their new first choice keeper now, if they sign anybody for this role at all.

Interesting to see what happens - after yesterday's 5-1 pre-season win in the north both present keepers (Including the returnee from East Anglia) performed well - so perhaps nothing will happen for the moment.  Interesting also that Skrzykski got 2 within minutes of coming on the field - his time with Tommy's gang seems to have sharpened him up.  With Caliguiri out of the picture perhaps there will be a little more 'togetherness' on the pitch now!