talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Schalke 04 Thread - Komm' auch du zum S04!

Not outrage and not 'faux' - simply a hope/warning that a mistake can always be forgiven, but to repeat it is far more difficult to ignore - particularly in advance of it happening.  It's almost suggesting that a pardon for Donald T will have any validity! 

Time for an apparent complete turn around in thinking.  I have long championed the cause of young players to be given a chance, but occasionally there is a possibility of the exact opposite being considered.  bringing in an experienced man who has not only the ability to be a useful team member, but who has the respect and leadership qualities we all admire can sometimes be worth far more than just the idea!  I have often referred to the effect which Diego had on Mesut's game at Bremen and at the moment it appears that there are discussions going on to bring Klaas Van H back to Gelsenkirchen to help out - on or off the field - even both!  Brilliant idea:congrats:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Schalke announced today their sporting director Jochen Schneider will leave this summer. Can see @SchalkeUK opening some bottles of his preferred alcohol over this news.

I am keeping out of the Schalke comments for the moment, although this may be the first of a bucketful of folk leaving in the Summer - as along as he takes Gross with him - anyone who can re-instate Bentaleb after his antics with the management - but mainly his supposed colleagues on the field - should be impeached! Likely he'll also  get away with it - so what's new? The praise he is being given for walking around last week for almost 80 of the 90 minutes sums it up really!  Maybe I watched a different game, but did have S04 on the score card ay the top of the screen! - which wasn't bothered at all!

One final thought!

Will the idiots stop drawing attention to young Matthew - he is trying hard with zilch support from mid-field but still manages to show up well - so much so that already there are signs that UK clubs are looking on with interest. As the Spanish sometimes say - Ole

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently a large part of the Schalke squad want Gross gone. Apparently he confuses names of his players, even calls them names of opponents, or speaks to them in a wrong language. xD  They're also unhappy with the fitness coaching, and think it's responsible for a lot of injuries. 

• Haha 3

Oh Captain, My Captain.  This weekend we would be celebrating - or not - the birthday of a man who should never have left the Club - particularly at the present time of distress.  I say 'or not' because young Benny is still only 8 years old in some eyes - he was born on the 29th and we never knew if 28th or 1st of March counted, but again this year there ain't no 29th.  Happy whichever day Benny - the memory is still very much alive and Grossly missed!:hh:

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Apparently a large part of the Schalke squad want Gross gone. Apparently he confuses names of his players, even calls them names of opponents, or speaks to the in a wrong language. xD  They're also unhappy with the fitness coaching, and think it's responsible for a lot of injuries. 

Glad you said it Tommy - it would have been too obvious for me to post that!  One disaster after another and two more out again this week due to a unfortunate rib and a very very stupid piece of Gross Negligence!

5 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Glad you said it Tommy - it would have been too obvious for me to post that!  One disaster after another and two more out again this week due to a unfortunate rib and a very very stupid piece of Gross Negligence!

Honestly expected you to criticize the players here. Who gains 9 points out of 23 matches, under 4 different managers by the way, shouldn't feel entitled to make demands of the club, who duly pay their wages, in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

If there is anything to feel good about this it will be the fact that Herr Gross will be one of the few Managers who can honestly say that "Since I took over - they got slowly and slowly worse week by week". Now that's an achievement to savour!  Summed up by bringing on Bentleb and Schopf as the best subs he had - in his opinion!

One other thing to ponder - Just think what would be happening at this moment in Gelsenkirchen if the Virus had not kept everyone at home - Jan 6 in Washington would have been fun compared to that!

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

If there is anything to feel good about this it will be the fact that Herr Gross will be one of the few Managers who can honestly say that "Since I took over - they got slowly and slowly worse week by week". Now that's an achievement to savour!  Summed up by bringing on Bentleb and Schopf as the best subs he had - in his opinion!

One other thing to ponder - Just think what would be happening at this moment in Gelsenkirchen if the Virus had not kept everyone at home - Jan 6 in Washington would have been fun compared to that!

Yes, unfortunately Schalke have been managed terribly. A huge club like them should not be in this predicament. They have always been in the Bundesliga since I first started watching German club football as a kid. But sadly next season they will surely be playing their football in the 2. Bundesliga. This team is devoid of the class and character of players of the past like Olaf Thon, Marc Wilmots, Kuranyi, Draxler, Raul and Goretzka. Sure they signed back Huntelaar in January, but at 37 years of age, he's past his best. Their squad needs an overhaul during the summer and it's time to sell all the dead wood at the club. The fans at Schalke deserve much better than the dross we have seen week in week out from this team this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh dear!  Here we go again. This is planning for 2021/2 and not beyond.  A team of old men who will just about last one season and keep the kids out - they will need the experience of playing regularly but then if the old guys get us back up we will do a 'Hamburg' and go back down again as the upstairs guys have no idea that 2023 is going to happen.  Short term planning is what Sheffield Utd have done last and this year, Fulham and West Brom look similar and Tommy knows that Dusseldorf did the same recently.  As the song says - 'all in all just another brick in the wall'  which will fall down with the slightest push and the kids will have graduated to France, Spain, Turkey, Liverpool or anywhere that wants them - as opposed to the guys upstairs in the Veltins who seem not to care!  :tumbleweed:

Edited by SchalkeUK

• 1 month later...

This season is a time to rebuild with the younger players - not to bring in more of the senior guys who will take lots of money - and then run.  I feel really sorry for young Serdar. Not simply because he has gone to Hertha, but because he will be tormented by the Prince who is a total disaster in any dressing room and I would never wish him on anyone after what he did at 04 - only glad that the idiots still there did not contemplate brining his back.  There is no doubt that GB still has class, but the young Welsh guys need him - that defeat to Denmark does not cancel out the promise they showed in other games and they do appear to have total respect for him as a leader.  Perhaps that I where his future lies!  Silly pre season games so far - 2 matches and 22 goals scored - not sure what that says other than let's wait for the games in Austria before we start to count the chickens.....

Final thought:  Pity liverbird is not around.  Her young guy from RW Essen had a blinder yesterday - I know they were amateurs, but Becker proved what an asset we have at right back - question is how long will the idiots let him stay?  If in doubt watch the highlights on You Tube.

Edited by SchalkeUK
  • Confused 1

I'm a bit bemused, you even consider reading anything in two pre-season results against 6-tier teams, that didn't play a single competetive match for over a year, to be blunto.O Especially since said teams weren't even allowed to train together until this month.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

You are correct, of course,  which is why I said wait until Mittersill - the games there are against Zenit, Shakhtar and Arnheim - perhaps they will give us a bit more insight into the new squad which scored the 22-0 against the Amateurs.  Only serious comment would could make so far is that one or two of the now seem to know what that area between the posts is for........that's more than one could say about the gang which finished the last season!

• 4 weeks later...