talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Schalke 04 Thread - Komm' auch du zum S04!

• Subscriber

Why oh why Robin

Atalanta wing-back Robin Gosens was able to show his talent during the European Championships this summer.

While he enjoys playing for Atalanta, the Germany international wants to come home and play in the Bundesliga, either for — or against — Bayern Munich. He really doesn’t care.

“I’ve never made a secret of the fact that my dream is to move to the Bundesliga. I want to and definitely will fulfill my dream,” said Gosens to Sky Germany.

Gosens said that the overall package (sporting + financial) would be more important than a defined location...but there is one place he would prefer to play if he had the choice.

“That was always the most important thing to me. More important than money or anything else. And whether it’s Leverkusen, Gladbach or somewhere else, that’s secondary. I want to play in Germany, I want to tear myself apart for a jersey,” said Gosens. “Preferably, of course, for the blue and white of Schalke. But if it’s not the blue and white, then also gladly for other colors, if the project fits.”

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Smart man. Just a few teams in Germany the kits means something different. Schalke is definitely one of those clubs. 

Oh it undoubtedly means something different; Bundesliga 2. :ph34r: 

no offence intended werder brothers and sister.

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

You just insulted 75% of the German fans on this site. 😆

14 hours ago, Eco said:

You just insulted 75% of the German fans on this site. 😆

No worry - when you have been on here as long as Tommy, nudge and I have you realise that that is just the norm!  It sort of gets read and filed somewhere under 'I' in the index

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

No worry - when you have been on here as long as Tommy, nudge and I have you realise that that is just the norm!  It sort of gets read and filed somewhere under 'I' in the index

Ah it was just a lighthearted jab. I was genuinely surprised he singled out Schalke though... cant remember the last time someone publically admited such a thing :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ah it was just a lighthearted jab. I was genuinely surprised he singled out Schalke though... cant remember the last time someone publically admited such a thing :ph34r:

Yeah, he's a bold one to admit his love to Schalke at this point :D 

In all seriousness though, I love it. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

There once was an unwritten law on here that only Bundesliga (1!) teams are allowed to have their own thread.

We should definitely go back to that. Will have a word with Andrew about it. 

Edited by Faithcore
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Haha - how long have you been here? I'm over 14 years (I joined in college and graduated in 2008) .😆

Also, I enjoy a small jab at @Viva la FCB as he just one of the nicest blokes on here. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Oh I know. But certainly you have to love someone of his caliber coming out and saying his dream to play for a 2nd division team. 

Probably difference if you Bayern as most of the world would dream of playing for you lot, but having a quality player saying they dream of playing for someone NOT BvB or Bayern, is something I rather like to see. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking forward to this lunchtime and to see who Mike will choose as opposed to the nonesense the last 'coach' was doing.  I have kept quiet and away from here - I never wanted to be part of the 'let's get rid of' group which changes our leader every few months - but something had to give and now perhaps there is a chance of moving up the table again - sorry for nudge that her lot were not able to hang on last night but the light at the end of the tunnel has not yet been extinguished.  Still have not been able to change young Max's shirt to a Danish one, but they seem to be keeping him on the same bench which Hodgsen and the others have been using for two years now - sad really!  As a final thoughts - I have noted at least three youung guys on the books who should all be replacing Bulter and his pathetice ability to play football - Terrode needs help and has been great - mainly on his own - but the days of Max and Leon in the middle must be a haunting thought for what Terrode could do with that sort of service.  Just an hour to go......

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Still alive - still here and will be travelling to Germany on 13 October for a 'fest' in Herne  Should be able to get in the weekend game provided 04 get things sorted by then - at the moment I have kept quiet due to the dismal perfomances and ineptness on all sides culminating in Saturday's 11 against 10 great showing in Stuttgart.  regards to all - especially nudge and tommy - stay safe people!

• Upvote 2