talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Schalke 04 Thread - Komm' auch du zum S04!

1 hour ago, Eco said:

That's a no from Ralf

Returning for a third time would be welcomed by many 04 supporters, but Ralf knows the players on the register and is no idiot - returning with the present lot is going to be hard - if not disastrous - for anyone. Cannot really see who with a good CV will take the chance!  Additionally who - with no CV - would want to take the chance to ruin his CV by failing on his first appointment?  Most on here fancy 04 to be relegated - perhaps then,  someone with credibility will consider the job, but now????

I am sure many of you have your own ideas, but seriously, which of the present 04 squad would you want to keep?

Present 04 squad:  Yes or No?

Markus Schubert

Ralf Fahrmann

Matija Nastasic

Salif Sane

Benjamin Stambouli

Timo Becker

Hamza Mendyl

Bastian Oczipka

Omar Mascarell

Sebastian Rudy

Suat Serdar

Nabil Bentaleb

Nassim Boujellab

Alessandro Schopf

Amine Harit

Benito Raman

Steven Skrzybski

Mark Uth

Goncalo Paciencia

Guido Burgstaller

Veded Ibisevic

I have excluded squad members who were born after 1-1-2000 and are still learning the job.

Edited by SchalkeUK
add a question

1 hour ago, SchalkeUK said:

I am sure many of you have your own ideas, but seriously, which of the present 04 squad would you want to keep?

I really liked Kabak before the spit incident...that's just a disgusting act. 

Obviously I'd love to see Paciencia on Augsburg, along with Sane, and Serdar. 

Harit would be welcomed, but it's a position he aren't hurting in. Nastasic is another that I would love to have. For one year, I'd also like to have Ibisevic on the team. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

I really liked Kabak before the spit incident...that's just a disgusting act. 

Obviously I'd love to see Paciencia on Augsburg, along with Sane, and Serdar. 

Harit would be welcomed, but it's a position he aren't hurting in. Nastasic is another that I would love to have. For one year, I'd also like to have Ibisevic on the team. 

Thanks for that and taking the time to spell out your thoughts - but that is exactly the problem!  Whilst I amd not agreeing or disagreeing with your comments, out of the whole lot you have only considered keeping 6 - 2 of which have only just joined.  The rest - or the other 5 to make up a team????  Now you know how the new guy - whoever he is - will have to sort out the mess we are in!

2 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Thanks for that and taking the time to spell out your thoughts - but that is exactly the problem!  Whilst I amd not agreeing or disagreeing with your comments, out of the whole lot you have only considered keeping 6 - 2 of which have only just joined.  The rest - or the other 5 to make up a team????  Now you know how the new guy - whoever he is - will have to sort out the mess we are in!

Yeah...I can imagine a horde of Schalke fans furious if an Augsburg fan would only want a couple of Schalke players. 

Some great news for Schalke fans!  Burgstaller will be leaving Gelsenkirchen as he will be joining St.Pauli! xD

https://www.en24.news/2020/09/guido-burgstaller-is-moving-from-schalke-to-st-pauli-on-a-free-transfer.html

Glad to see that he will be joining a club that is more at his level. I wish the Austrian forward the best of luck.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Some great news for Schalke fans!  Burgstaller will be leaving Gelsenkirchen as he will be joining St.Pauli! xD

https://www.en24.news/2020/09/guido-burgstaller-is-moving-from-schalke-to-st-pauli-on-a-free-transfer.html

Glad to see that he will be joining a club that is more at his level. I wish the Austrian forward the best of luck.

Some great news for Burgstaller, you mean :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Coma said:

Is Baum a temporary appointment or does he have the job?  Seems like they are certainly going down.  When does the streak end?  They can't score and they can't defend.

Currently he's permanently employed. That never prevented Schalke, or any other club, from sacking their managers, though. Can absolutely imagine Schalke employing a third manager this year, if they don't improve massively the next month.xD

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 17:21, Rucksackfranzose said:

Currently he's permanently employed. That never prevented Schalke, or any other club, from sacking their managers, though. Can absolutely imagine Schalke employing a third manager this year, if they don't improve massively the next month.xD

Under normal circumstances the start of this season would probably have produced 4 points - the next few game could see a difference.  Baum has to concentrate on the left side of defence where it has been rubbish for a long time - even as far back as letting Fuchs go to Leicester.  The desire to play continually in the wrong direction by Nastasic and Ozcpika is frustrating any efforts up front, but Stutty are a different prospect.  A poor performance on Friday and the doom predictors will be right - to let Ocz rant on the 04 pages about how better they should be is farcical and totally unrealistic (for 'they' read 'I').  Baum need to assert himself as he did with the German youngsters or -yes - his tenure will be one of the shortest  on record and no one will be surprised.  The kids can no way be worse than these two old men on the left so let's go!

Oh and one final thought - who on earth would take the job if Baum were to be dismissed?

Edited by SchalkeUK

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Under normal circumstances the start of this season would probably have produced 4 points - the next few game could see a difference.  Baum has to concentrate on the left side of defence where it has been rubbish for a long time - even as far back as letting Fuchs go to Leicester.  The desire to play continually in the wrong direction by Nastasic and Ozcpika is frustrating any efforts up front, but Stutty are a different prospect.  A poor performance on Friday and the doom predictors will be right - to let Ocz rant on the 04 pages about how better they should be is farcical and totally unrealistic (for 'they' read 'I').  Baum need to assert himself as he did with the German youngsters or -yes - his tenure will be one of the shortest  on record and no one will be surprised.  The kids can no way be worse than these two old men on the left so let's go!

Oh and one final thought - who on earth would take the job if Baum were to be dismissed?

For which myself and @Dan are very grateful for :D 

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

Our latest 2 Austrians have not been doing very well at all and Christian has probably been one of best players from the South.  It has been both annoying and great to see that he has proved the idiots upstairs at Gelsenkirchen so wrong as to how he has played in Walker Land and is only symptomatic of the long list of super guys we have practically given away over the past few years.  I can get nothing but a 'wry' smile from the Anfield area when the latest 'news' is being considered, but we may be about to do it again.  If you want to see why he is such a great guy just visit the little town half-way between Graz and Vienna - the folk there are great and CF is one of their local legends by now. Yes - our loss etc....:dam:

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Our latest 2 Austrians have not been doing very well at all and Christian has probably been one of best players from the South.  It has been both annoying and great to see that he has proved the idiots upstairs at Gelsenkirchen so wrong as to how he has played in Walker Land and is only symptomatic of the long list of super guys we have practically given away over the past few years.  I can get nothing but a 'wry' smile from the Anfield area when the latest 'news' is being considered, but we may be about to do it again.  If you want to see why he is such a great guy just visit the little town half-way between Graz and Vienna - the folk there are great and CF is one of their local legends by now. Yes - our loss etc....:dam:

How has Fuchs proven the board wrong? It was him who wanted to leave, while the board tried their best to convince him to stay. Not like they didn't want him anymore, get over the fact that Leicester got more money to spent than Schalke.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Stan said:

I thought at the time it was a superb signing. Not the player he was anymore but a good footballer, good brain and quality on the ball - the types of attributes that will carry somebody even without the legs. Inspired signing on a free.

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 14:22, Tommy said:

I thought I heard that the sporting director was let go as well.  The performance against Gladbach in the 20 minutes or so was good but they fell apart again.  Hard to see where they're going to get inspiration from right now to turn this around.  They remind me of my hometown club FC Cincinnati.  No ideas, can't even comprehend the basics of defending or attacking.  

• 1 month later...

Why, when we have so many great strikers and midfielders at the club have we allowed young Rabbi to end his loan with us and go to Stoke without a fight?  The old guys so slow that perhaps his pace is making it obvious how poor they are - good idea when we are playing at such a level that he is so far in front that his game is worthless with us. Amin next?

4 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Why, when we have so many great strikers and midfielders at the club have we allowed young Rabbi to end his loan with us and go to Stoke without a fight?  The old guys so slow that perhaps his pace is making it obvious how poor they are - good idea when we are playing at such a level that he is so far in front that his game is worthless with us. Amin next?

To be fair, Matondo hardly set the league on fire whenever he played for Schalke. He's going to Stoke, second tier is more suited to his lack of talent.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

12 hours ago, nudge said:

What integrity?... :ph34r:

I will take that with the emoji but it's not really the nudge I thought I knew - the integrity which we had and are trying to get back after Tonnies ruined it - and you know I would never make that sort of comment amount the guys up north in green! 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

I will take that with the emoji but it's not really the nudge I thought I knew - the integrity which we had and are trying to get back after Tonnies ruined it - and you know I would never make that sort of comment amount the guys up north in green! 

Relax, it was just a joke.

However, if you want a serious response regarding Tönnies' financial offer - Schalke had no issues with accepting money from other highly questionable entities in order to save their arses in the past, so not sure why where would be this faux outrage now.