talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rodri Completes Man City Move

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, José said:

:bye: after the dodgy ref calls vs newcastle that ended up helping Liverpool, I think most neutrals wanted the team that deserved it the most to win it and not the cheaters. 

Every team gets decisions go for and against them over the course of a season

On 18 May 2019 at 17:56, José said:

:bye: after the dodgy ref calls vs newcastle that ended up helping Liverpool, I think most neutrals wanted the team that deserved it the most to win it and not the cheaters. 

With that argument you're saying the refs and the FA are cheaters but exempting Man City as they play the game but don't make decisions.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

With that argument you're saying the refs and the FA are cheaters but exempting Man City as they play the game but don't make decisions.

He's basically talking shite. Not surprising.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

518444525_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.4bb434f374a9ac2f42cc67bb98f2a8f1.png

Transfer News: Man City set to pay £62m for Atletico’s Midfielder Rodri

Another player is set to snub the red of Manchester for the rival blue after reports Atletico Madrid’s midfielder Rodri is gearing up for a Man City transfer.

The Premier League champions have been quiet during the early stages of the transfer window. There’s been a lot of window shopping going on and no real purchases so far.

Though it appears things will soon change and the Citizens are about to add a quality player to the ranks in Rodri. There is no surprise in this link as the club and Pep Guardiola search for a long-term replacement for key man, Fernandinho...

More

There seems to be a big sticking point which has put the breaks on the transfer of Rodrigo to Manchester City. City want to pay for Rodri in two payments so as to not violate FFP and Atlético Madrid want all the money up front. This could be a problem because Atleti are starting a total rebuild and want to clear anything that FFP could hold them back on. The funds are there but FFP has become more complicated in the last year with salaries taken into account.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There seems to be a big sticking point which has put the breaks on the transfer of Rodrigo to Manchester City. City want to pay for Rodri in two payments so as to not violate FFP and Atlético Madrid want all the money up front. This could be a problem because Atleti are starting a total rebuild and want to clear anything that FFP could hold them back on. The funds are there but FFP has become more complicated in the last year with salaries taken into account.

Basically they are just waiting for the transfer of 'extra funds' to UEFA to clear before they can go ahead.

• The title was changed to Rodri - Man City to Sign Atlético Midfielder?
  • The title was changed to Rodri - Man City Activate Midfielder's Buyout Clause
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Solid signing. Big task to match Fernandinho's influence but once Pep dopes Rodri I'm sure he'll be just fine. 

You ever get the feeling of a player just settling in straight away and hitting the ground running? Getting that with Rodri and Man City. 

Just now, Stan said:

You ever get the feeling of a player just settling in straight away and hitting the ground running? Getting that with Rodri and Man City. 

Same. If not, one 'injury' and sent to the medical team in Barcelona should fix the trick. 

This is Man City's best ever signing in my opinion. Rodri under Guardiola will only improve and in Spain he is already revered as one of the future greatest in his position. Why he's gone to City other than to be coached by Guardiola is beyond me... I'd have rather he stayed at Atleti 100%.

What a signing! I am genuinely jealous.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is Man City's best ever signing in my opinion. Rodri under Guardiola will only improve and in Spain he is already revered as one of the future greatest in his position. Why he's gone to City other than to be coached by Guardiola is beyond me... I'd have rather he stayed at Atleti 100%.

What a signing! I am genuinely jealous.

Think you're alone on that one mate. 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think you're alone on that one mate. 

To be honest I don't get the move because he was apparently offered a similar deal to Griezmann if he stayed and that's no Mickey Mouse deal because Antoine is on €28m per season and that made him one of the highest paid footballers on the planet. So he obviously hasn't gone to City for money. It's a confusing move on his part but one that only makes City even more difficult to beat and even more different.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest I don't get the move because he was apparently offered a similar deal to Griezmann if he stayed and that's no Mickey Mouse deal because Antoine is on €28m per season and that made him one of the highest paid footballers on the planet. So he obviously hasn't gone to City for money. It's a confusing move on his part but one that only makes City even more difficult to beat and even more different.

1. The chance to work with Guardiola

2. City are an established force and will continue to compete for top honors

3. Atletico lost Griezmann, Hernandez, Godin, and Filipe Luis. They are going through transition and are relying on Morata and an unproven child up top. Who knows how long it'll be before they compete again. 

Not really that confusing. He's choosing what's in his best interest. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

1. The chance to work with Guardiola

2. City are an established force and will continue to compete for top honors

3. Atletico lost Griezmann, Hernandez, Godin, and Filipe Luis. They are going through transition and are relying on Morata and an unproven child up top. Who knows how long it'll be before they compete again. 

Not really that confusing. He's choosing what's in his best interest. 

That's the argument being thrown in Spain amongst a few other things but it's also well known that Atleti are rebuilding with top talent like for example Portuguese wonder-kid João Félix. There are other top names being touted too with Simeone himself saying that this new project is the best one he's been a part of as coach to date. I don't know that the departures are a resason for him switching... I have a feeling it's soley down to being coached by Guardiola which even though I get in part, he was also with Simeone who has worked miracles at Atlético Madrid.

• The title was changed to Rodri Completes Man City Move

Archived