talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rodri Completes Man City Move

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

That's the argument being thrown in Spain amongst a few other things but it's also well known that Atleti are rebuilding with top talent like for example Portuguese wonder-kid João Félix. There are other top names being touted too with Simeone himself saying that this new project is the best one he's been a part of as coach to date. I don't know that the departures are a resason for him switching... I have a feeling it's soley down to being coached by Guardiola which is even though I get in part, he was also with Simeone who has worked miracles at Atlético Madrid.

Guardiola > Simeone though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Guardiola > Simeone though.

I understand, but what Simeone had to achieve to make Atleti competitive and with the resources available at the time with the Madrid based club has nothing whatsoever to do with what Guardiola walked into.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Cicero said:

1. The chance to work with Guardiola

2. City are an established force and will continue to compete for top honors

3. Atletico lost Griezmann, Hernandez, Godin, and Filipe Luis. They are going through transition and are relying on Morata and an unproven child up top. Who knows how long it'll be before they compete again. 

Not really that confusing. He's choosing what's in his best interest. 

Spot on. He will only flourish with this move.. as much as a dislike City, this is a fantastic signing.

Rodri: Manchester City complete £62.8m record signing of midfielder from Atletico Madrid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48869881

Manchester City say Spain midfielder Rodri is a "perfect fit" for the team after moving from Atletico Madrid for a club record £62.8m.

Rodri, 23, joins on a five-year deal and is City boss Pep Guardiola's second signing of the summer after defender Angelino rejoined from PSV Eindhoven.

"Rodri has proven himself as a hugely talented, young midfielder," said director of football Txiki Begiristain.

"He has as all the attributes we are looking for."

He added: "He works hard defensively, makes himself available to receive the ball and uses it well when in possession. We are confident he will be a success."

Rodri will wear the number 16 for City, the same number worn by Sergio Aguero when he first moved to the Etihad from Atletico.

The fee for the Atletico academy graduate surpasses City's previous record of £60m in signing Riyad Mahrez in 2018.

"What City have achieved in the last two years has been amazing and I'm looking forward to being part of such a talented squad," said Rodri.

"It's not just the titles they have won, but the way they have managed it, playing attacking football at all times.

"It's a style that excites me, as do the club's ambitions."

Rodri rejoined Atletico in May 2018 after three years at Villarreal and made 34 league appearances as they finished second in Spain's top flight.

He made his international debut in a friendly against Germany last year and has made six senior international appearances.

City had made Rodri one of their main targets this summer, with Guardiola keen to sign a defensively minded player to bolster the Premier League champions' squad.

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Indeed B|  ..how do you think he will do in the premier league?

This is why it's such a strategical signing. He is physically very strong but comes very very close to Busquets' technical ability and is why they value him so much in Spain. Nothing has ever come close to a player like Busquets that has both strength and high end technical natural talent and this kid has it at such a young age which means he will only improve. Also remember one important factor which everyone is talking about... It was Guardiola who too Busquets from Barcelona's THIRD TIER TEAM (Barça 'C' not 'B') and replaced Yaya Touré with Busy which in many people's view in football was Guardiola's biggest feat as it took Barça and Spain onto a whole different stratosphere.

Now Rodri will be with Pep and everyone is talking about it. I feel that this will take Man City onto a whole new level once the kid beds in.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is why it's such a strategical signing. He is physically very strong but comes very very close to Busquets' technical ability and is why they value him so much in Spain. Nothing has ever come close to a player like Busquets that has both strength and high end technical natural talent and this kid has it at such a young age which means he will only improve. Also remember one important factor which everyone is talking about... It was Guardiola who too Busquets from Barcelona's THIRD TIER TEAM (Barça 'C' not 'B') and replaced Yaya Touré with Busy which in many people's view in football was Guardiola's biggest feat as it took Barça and Spain onto a whole different stratosphere.

Now Rodri will be with Pep and everyone is talking about it. I feel that this will take Man City onto a whole new level once the kid beds in.

Strenght wise has nothing on Jorginho tough.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Strenght wise has nothing on Jorginho tough.

I know quite a bit about Jorginho due to the fact I've watched practically every Napoli game for almost 5 years (even attended a few at the San Paolo)... Jorginho isnt anywhere on the same level as Rodri mate. We're talking very different levels here where comparing anyone to Busquets.

But only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know quite a bit about Jorginho due to the fact I've watched practically every Napoli game for almost 5 years (even attended a few at the San Paolo)... Jorginho isnt anywhere on the same level as Rodri mate. We're talking very different levels here where comparing anyone to Busquets.

But only time will tell.

xD i mentioned strenght as his main trait i was joking mate

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

xD i mentioned strenght as his main trait i was joking mate

Jorginho is a brilliant footballer... Very underrated and with confidence he can offer Chelsea a hell of a lot. Football intelligence beats strength everyday although if you have bith at extremely high levels, then you're something special in that area of midfield. Midfield as you well know is vital for making the difference between a winning side in the end and a mere competitor.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Jorginho is a brilliant footballer... Very underrated and with confidence he can offer Chelsea a hell of a lot. Football intelligence beats strength everyday although if you have bith at extremely high levels, then you're something special in that area of midfield. Midfield as you well know is vital for making the difference between a winning side in the end and a mere competitor.

Since i got married and stopped sending you nudes you completely changed, your joke level has died :(

Nudes incoming

• The title was changed to Rodri Completes Man City Move

If anyone can find a video to embed here on Rodri's presentation for Manchester City, it'd be appreciated. Until then if anyone wants to see it they can click on this link to MARCA: https://videos.marca.com/v/0_fqph9nt6-el-ingles-casi-perfecto-de-rodri-que-sorprendio-en-su-presentacion?uetv_pl=0&count=0

The reason being is the quality of his English. He surprised me and quite a few it seems.

In the meantime Gareth Bale almost 7 years later can say in Spanish; Hello, goodbye, yes, no (no is a given) and golf ball.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In the meantime Gareth Bale almost 7 years later can say in Spanish; Hello, goodbye, yes, no (no is a given) and golf ball.

It's taken Aguero a long time to learn English to be fair

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If anyone can find a video to embed here on Rodri's presentation for Manchester City, it'd be appreciated. Until then if anyone wants to see it they can click on this link to MARCA: https://videos.marca.com/v/0_fqph9nt6-el-ingles-casi-perfecto-de-rodri-que-sorprendio-en-su-presentacion?uetv_pl=0&count=0

The reason being is the quality of his English. He surprised me and quite a few it seems.

And cuatro

Archived