talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Swimming

football forum

Does anyone swim for fitness? 

I just started, as I have always been an extreme endurance runner, but have been wanting something with less impact, but still with incredible cardiovascular benefits. 

I've been swimming laps approx. 3x a week, with each session completing just under 2,000m (we have yards here, so I swim 2,000 yards, or 1828.8 meters)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use to swim quite a lot. I went the other day. I use to swim about 2000 metres. 

It's very good for fitness

On 20/05/2019 at 16:59, Gunnersauraus said:

I use to swim quite a lot. I went the other day. I use to swim about 2000 metres. 

It's very good for fitness

Yeah, I'm doing just a shade more than the 2k meters. It takes about 50 minutes for me (i'm not a quick swimmer), which is a great workout. 

• Subscriber

Swimming is a great workout and I do it once a week just because of my schedule but I tend to do two sets in the pool running a total of about 2.5 - 3K meters and then laze a bit too. Its also kind of hard where I live to use a pool at the moment since its the summer holidays for schools and as a result places are just packed all the time.

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

@Tommy pees in the pool.

I did as a kid sometimes until I heard that some pools use that stuff that makes the water change colour when it comes in contact with urine. Imagine how embarrassing that'd be. 

16 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I'm doing just a shade more than the 2k meters. It takes about 50 minutes for me (i'm not a quick swimmer), which is a great workout. 

2000 metres used to take me about an hour and 20 minutes to an hour and a half and I swim in the fast lane so I wouldn't worry to much 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

I did as a kid sometimes until I heard that some pools use that stuff that makes the water change colour when it comes in contact with urine. Imagine how embarrassing that'd be. 

Not all pools do that. It's quite disgusting when you think about it. It's one of those things if you thought about it to much you'd never swim

Archived