The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku - Signs For Inter

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.08d6ac523c7aa1cb7a2cf2c275cebd36.png

Manchester United have started negotiations with Roma over the sale of 26-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku. (Goal.com)

Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio has travelled to London to meet Manchester United to see if his club's offer to sign Lukaku has any chance of succeeding. (Guardian)

Manchester United have told Inter they must pay £75m to sign Lukaku and that they will not reduce their price. (Sun)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.3b7bb21ac8891a3c0224a8099950913c.png

Inter Milan are expected to meet Manchester United's £75m valuation for Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 26, but only in a deal which would involve paying £60m over three years and another £15m depending on bonus payments. (Sun)

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I wouldnt mind if he stayed as he wasnt such a failure like morata or higuain but he was only slowing down the real process. 

Change of managers don't help either Jose, different training schedules, fitness levels etc but there are a lot of young lads ahead of him in the pecking order plus he will need game time to stay in his National Team, shame really but he was never another Andy Cole, Ruud van Nis, Robin van Persie etc.  

11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.3b7bb21ac8891a3c0224a8099950913c.png

Inter Milan are expected to meet Manchester United's £75m valuation for Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, 26, but only in a deal which would involve paying £60m over three years and another £15m depending on bonus payments. (Sun)

Reading the same rumours. 

Surely, Inter are not this stupid to fork out 75 fucking million for this log. 

There are better options to spend 75 mil on. United are lucky here. 

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Reading the same rumours. 

Surely, Inter are not this stupid to fork out 75 fucking million for this log. 

There are better options to spend 75 mil on. United are lucky here. 

It’s Conte. He’s even wanted him at Chelsea to replace Costa. 

Should just focus building around Lautaro

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1ea4192f5204041aec226c7e06df1000.png

Romelu Lukaku: Man Utd reject £54m Inter Milan bid

Manchester United have rejected a 60m euro (£53.9m) bid from Inter Milan for striker Romelu Lukaku.

The bid falls well below United's valuation of the 26-year-old Belgium international, who joined them from Everton two years ago for £75m.

Inter boss Antonio Conte has made Lukaku - who will not play for United against the Italian side in Singapore on Saturday - his number one target.

"You know I like this player," Conte said on Friday.

"When I was Chelsea's coach [from 2016 to 2018], I tried to bring him to Chelsea.

"I like this player and consider him an important player for us to have a good improvement, but at the same, there is a transfer market.

"We will see what happens - but for now Lukaku is a United player."

Inter's move for Lukaku is thought to hinge on the future of Mauro Icardi, who has not travelled on the club's summer tour of Asia amid reports he is to leave.

When asked about the Argentina striker, Conte replied: "The club was very clear that Icardi is out of Inter's project. This is the reality."

When pressed on Lukaku's future at Old Trafford, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Friday he had "no more updates".

The Belgian missed both of United's tour matches in Australia because of injury.

"He's not fit. He won't be available," said Solskjaer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49056823

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6670b797284ecd3a8e2f5c7b25e73afb.png

Romelu Lukaku: Manchester United striker to be fined for missing training

Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku will be fined by the club for missing training without permission.

Belgium international Lukaku, 26, has trained at his former team Anderlecht for the past two days, although Monday was a day off for United players.

Serie A sides Inter Milan and Juventus remain keen on the forward, who did not play in the Premier League club's pre-season matches because of injury.

In July, United rejected a £54m bid from Inter for Lukaku.

The Italian giants' manager Antonio Conte has previously confirmed the striker remains his number one target, saying: "I consider him a player who could improve our team."

Lukaku joined the Red Devils from Everton for an initial £75m in July 2017 and scored 12 league goals last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49263195

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Milan teams aren’t known for their intelligent transfers.

Milan used to make good transfers, how the mighty have fallen. And while Inter have made questionable decisions pretty much the whole time I've been alive, that amount of money for Lukaku blows my fucking mind.

• Subscriber

He's a proper cunt isn't he. Mouthed off about wanting to move to a big club every time he escaped to international duty when he was ours. Now he's just a fat cunt who will blame the indifferent remainder of his career on Mourinho asking him to buff up even a decade after the fact.

Got his best years and £90m out of him, ridiculously lucky from our point of view. 

• Subscriber

In all of this I find the part where he forced the club to meet his demands the funniest of all. Here's a guy who was brought in to be a striker, which means he scores goals. He didn't do that, didn't show up for training, posted garbage on social media about training stats and then forced his way out. The only good thing is that United got 70mil for him and can now offset their other ridiculous acquisition with that money.

His saving grace is that Inter are desperate to find someone to use in their CL campaign which is why they are even shelling out this kind of ridiculous money. 

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku - Set to Sign For Inter

Archived