talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku - Signs For Inter

I think he'll dominate Serie A and score a tonne of goals for Inter. I actually think this is a really top signing and an ideal replacement for Icardi. He is apparently a big fan of Conte as well and desperately wanted to go to Chelsea when he was there. Seems as though he has everything he needs to succeed, so there is no excuses now. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conte really has a crush on him. Nothing else explains spending 70+ million on him.

I think he won't be a huge success. Italian league, though poorer than other big leagues, has tighter defences. Lukaku has rarely shown footballing intelligence that can help him counter that. 

I think Lukaku and Conte will work well. Conte will get him the service he needs to score consistently. I don’t think Lukaku is that great and didn’t when he signed for United but I don’t think you can blame him entirely for his record at United, Mourinho and OGS need to be held accountable too

• Subscriber

Wish the lad well as he started off great at United and I always thought he could end up as another Andy Cole but it never happened, I think he beefed up to much muscle wise and that did take the zip out of him, I will still keep track of the guy and see how he gets on at Inter.

Did Man Utd sign a striker as replacement or are they going into the season with Rashford & Martial as their first team strikers? Both of whom have played mainly on the wing for Man Utd.

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

Did Man Utd sign a striker as replacement or are they going into the season with Rashford & Martial as their first team strikers? Both of whom have played mainly on the wing for Man Utd.

Most likely Rashford will be the 1st option for striker position (Martial 2nd, Greenwood 3rd) and in wings we will have 2 of Martial/Sanchez/James OR out-of-position players like Mata/Lingard/Pereira playing there.

Considering the lack of striker options, I think Mason Greenwood will get a good number of games despite being 17 years old.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Fusion said:

Most likely Rashford will be the 1st option for striker position (Martial 2nd, Greenwood 3rd) and in wings we will have 2 of Martial/Sanchez/James OR out-of-position players like Mata/Lingard/Pereira playing there.

Considering the lack of striker options, I think Mason Greenwood will get a good number of games despite being 17 years old.

Do you think you have enough in that striker department to get you top 4?

It seems pretty weak compared to the rest of the top 6 (barring Chelsea). 

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you think you have enough in that striker department to get you top 4?

It seems pretty weak compared to the rest of the top 6 (barring Chelsea). 

To be honest I think it's not enough. Or will just be barely enough for the 4th-5th position.

But I also think it will depend on how Rashford and Martial will perform now when they will be playing in striker position. They aren't that young anymore and they don't have Lukaku or Ibrahimovic occupying this position anymore. It's their time to show us what they can do. Their decision making is like a coin flip, both of them, on their days can play really well and the next game they can be irrelevant and useless during games by doing useless fancy stuff, losing the ball nonstop and wasting many easy chances to score.

Unfortunately I also think they will be lacking support from the midfield, is why we definitely needed a Herrera replacement or an attacking midfielder at least that could add more to the game. Unless Ole really trusts someone like Angel Gomes or Pereira to make a difference in the attacking midfield position, I don't think we gonna see anything good there. And I also don't think a midfield 3 of Pogba, Fred/Matic and Mata can work. I love Mata but he is not good enough for being a starter anymore, Lingard is only good enough for instagram pics.

And I agree with what @Cicero.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Martial should be stepping up in the CF role and we can leave Rashford and whoever else on the wings. I’ll just leave this here for those that don’t think Martial is up to the job (and I was one of those last year).

B873844D-F971-45AC-9D8D-E89164CCD277.jpeg

How many appearances did he make last season though?

25 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Thanks for that Phil. Its unbelievable how neutrals refuse to give martial enough credit... alli xD ffs, if he was a man utd player I bet he would get more hate but what's new. 

Immediately thought of this...

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many appearances did he make last season though?

27 in the league, and all out on the left as it was always Lukaku or Rashford up top, which I think is even more impressive. He’s been given the 9 shirt this season which is a statement of intent (I hope).

Archived