talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U.S. News & World Report Ranks U.S. States.

football forum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Eco said:

Georgia sitting well consider our location. 

Nice to see New Hampshire up there as I have to go up there for business from time to time. 

5ce2d1c224000068077f13fe.png.cf.jpg

Some interesting ones and some weirdly arbitrary seeming ones.

Not surprised Louisiana was last nor that the South on the whole is pretty bad.

Bit surprised by the eastern Midwest states.

The gap between Virginia and West Virginia tells an interesting story.

Wisconsin and Minnesota so much better than Michigan and Illinois?

Washington and Oregon so different?

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Wisconsin and Minnesota so much better than Michigan and Illinois?

Detroit and Chicago are known for their poverty and crime rates. 

The exact opposite of Georgia, where Atlanta is nice and helps the entire state, as if you leave Atlanta, it's not any different than parts of Alabama. 

15 hours ago, Eco said:

Detroit and Chicago are known for their poverty and crime rates. 

The exact opposite of Georgia, where Atlanta is nice and helps the entire state, as if you leave Atlanta, it's not any different than parts of Alabama. 

Outside of Chicagoland, Illinois seems a lot like the rest of the Midwest too. Pretty depressed economy outside of Chicago and the surrounding area, lots of meth/heroin issues. I think despite the crime issues in Chicago, it's most likely better off economically than most of the state (and really that whole region)

Detroit isn't the only impoverished area in Michigan, that state has some serious issues. Flint still has lead in it's water supply... and it's been so many years.

Both Michigan and Illinois really the whole Midwest were really left behind as the US dismantled it's economy, especially Michigan - which was a manufacturing hub for what was once the largest automanufacturing country in the world. And those problems that started in the 80s were never really addressed, even as things have spiraled way out of control for those states.

I wonder how that map compares with the states that are basically the "welfare queen" states of the United States - the states that take out way more tax money than they put in...

Federal aid to states, federal aid state reliance rankings, federal aid rankings, rankings on how much states receive federal aid

Some states get more federal revenue though because of shit like military bases and government installations (isn't New Mexico full of government sites like Los Alamos?) and Federal Parks. Although it's surprising to see New Mexico look so shit... but I guess if Breaking Bad taught me anything, that state's littered with methheads.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Outside of Chicagoland, Illinois seems a lot like the rest of the Midwest too. Pretty depressed economy outside of Chicago and the surrounding area, lots of meth/heroin issues. I think despite the crime issues in Chicago, it's most likely better off economically than most of the state (and really that whole region)

Detroit isn't the only impoverished area in Michigan, that state has some serious issues. Flint still has lead in it's water supply... and it's been so many years.

Both Michigan and Illinois really the whole Midwest were really left behind as the US dismantled it's economy, especially Michigan - which was a manufacturing hub for what was once the largest automanufacturing country in the world. And those problems that started in the 80s were never really addressed, even as things have spiraled way out of control for those states.

I wonder how that map compares with the states that are basically the "welfare queen" states of the United States - the states that take out way more tax money than they put in...

Federal aid to states, federal aid state reliance rankings, federal aid rankings, rankings on how much states receive federal aid

Some states get more federal revenue though because of shit like military bases and government installations (isn't New Mexico full of government sites like Los Alamos?) and Federal Parks. Although it's surprising to see New Mexico look so shit... but I guess if Breaking Bad taught me anything, that state's littered with methheads.

I find it so incredibly sad to think about what Detroit was in the 50's relative to now. It rivaled new York economically and has just been unraveling ever since.

Can't believe the lead issue is still not fully resolved. Even with the extent of the problem it should be in the past by now. That's coming from an engineer that works at a water utility.

Not sure about the US parks nor of exactly the graph you just put up (couldn't open it) but national parks here cost fuck all to manage compared to things like unemployment, pensions, health costs and even military bases.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I find it so incredibly sad to think about what Detroit was in the 50's relative to now. It rivaled new York economically and has just been unraveling ever since.

Can't believe the lead issue is still not fully resolved. Even with the extent of the problem it should be in the past by now. That's coming from an engineer that works at a water utility.

Not sure about the US parks nor of exactly the graph you just put up (couldn't open it) but national parks here cost fuck all to manage compared to things like unemployment, pensions, health costs and even military bases.

I imagine the most expensive of those is the military bases

Archived