• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Malcom - Signs For Zenit St. Petersburg

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, José said:

Paulinho, soon Cou, Neymar, and now Malcom.... this should be a lesson to all the young players that have an offer from that vile club. DONT RUIN YOUR CAREERS, STAY AWAY FROM THOSE CUNTS. 

They are so desperate to become the number one team in Spain that they have zero respect for their traditions or the players. What can you expect from a club were the "coach" is nothing but a puppet control by the board. 

Paulinho ruined his career at Barcelona, how? He was lucky to get such an opportunity considering how he was 29 and had never really done anything with himself previously.

As for Neymar, he's ruining his career now at PSG. Leaving Barcelona is the worst decision he'll ever make and his reputation as a top footballer has shot downhill. He's gone from top 3 in the Ballon d'or to not even being mentioned anywhere. Nobody even speaks about him anymore, whereas he was labelled as the man to take over from Messi and C.Ronaldo when at Barcelona.

Atleast Barcelona sell their players who don't work out, where they then kick on with their careers. United keep hold of them for about a decade until there is fuck all left for them to offer.

WHat I would say is that Barcelona need to stop buying players simply because they are talented. Too many signings now aren't the right fit and not the types of players needed.

Malcom is a very talented lad though. I'd have personally started him in my team ahead of Coutinho anyday of the week.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

WHat I would say is that Barcelona need to stop buying players simply because they are talented. Too many signings now aren't the right fit and not the types of players needed.

Malcom is a very talented lad though. I'd have personally started him in my team ahead of Coutinho anyday of the week.

I don't understand why the fuck Barca are persisting with Coutinho on the left, tbh.

It's not his best position, not by a longshot, and I think the evidence for that is clear from his time with us. And while his time with us indicates, yeah he can play in a front 3, it also indicates he's not really versatile enough to have the same quality he does playing in a more central attacking midfielder role when he's in a front 3. But he did demonstrate consistent good form playing just in behind a front 3.

And I'm assuming that good form motivated Barca to buy him. But I don't know why you'd pay all that much money for a player that's demonstrated they're much better in another role than the one you intend to play him in.

But yeah, Malcom should always be starting ahead of Coutinho if you're playing Coutinho on the left. But I think Barca really fucked up there in signing Coutinho to play on the left and then signing Malcom only to not use him properly in this season where you've not been able to rely on Dembele. Utter waste of money.

Liverpool when Klopp got there were in a position where Coutinho was a level above the rest of the team, and accordingly they were happy to work themselves around him. 

He was basically shunted into midfield with two grafters to make up for him defensively, and then placed right behind a front three with one player who linked up with him perfectly, and two forwards who made unbelievable runs on a consistent basis. 

Barcelona don't play with so many players who run in into space as often, and they also don't divide their midfield into runners and creators; you have to do both.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Liverpool when Klopp got there were in a position where Coutinho was a level above the rest of the team, and accordingly they were happy to work themselves around him. 

He was basically shunted into midfield with two grafters to make up for him defensively, and then placed right behind a front three with one player who linked up with him perfectly, and two forwards who made unbelievable runs on a consistent basis. 

Barcelona don't play with so many players who run in into space as often, and they also don't divide their midfield into runners and creators; you have to do both.

So basically, Barca didn't really have a reason to sign him. And if they'd not signed him and signed Malcom I doubt that Malcom would be on the move, whereas now I fully expect both Coutinho and Malcom to be shifted on.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So basically, Barca didn't really have a reason to sign him. And if they'd not signed him and signed Malcom I doubt that Malcom would be on the move, whereas now I fully expect both Coutinho and Malcom to be shifted on.

Coutinho will be shifted on because he's been terrible mate. It may be as you said in a previous post that he just isn't being played in the correct position but even if he were to be played in midfield, his attributes don't fit that ethos and I'll add a theory of my own (which may be wrong) but I think that there's more to your defensive issues being fixed other than just signing Van Dijk. Defensive problems in any team are proven to be in big part also an issue with the midfield. As far as I'm concerned your midfield played in a more balanced manner after Coutinho departed. That helped ease alot of presure from the back line who were many times found defending on their own. If Coutinho tucks inside to the midfield, it makes your full-back have to do a lot more of the filling-in higher up the field.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Coutinho will be shifted on because he's been terrible mate. It may be as you said in a previous post that he just isn't being played in the correct position but even if he were to be played in midfield, his attributes don't fit that ethos and I'll add a theory of my own (which may be wrong) but I think that there's more to your defensive issues being fixed other than just signing Van Dijk. Defensive problems in any team are proven to be in big part also an issue with the midfield. As far as I'm concerned your midfield played in a more balanced manner after Coutinho departed. That helped ease alot of presure from the back line who were many times found defending on their own. If Coutinho tucks inside to the midfield, it makes your full-back have to do a lot more of the filling-in higher up the field.

Oh yeah I fully agree, we’re much better all over the pitch without Coutinho overall. The biggest exception is when we’re up against park the bus sides.

I hate the snake, but I’d never have him back now. Like you said, there are better midfielders than him for the role he was best in at top midfields

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh yeah I fully agree, we’re much better all over the pitch without Coutinho overall. The biggest exception is when we’re up against park the bus sides.

I hate the snake, but I’d never have him back now. Like you said, there are better midfielders than him for the role he was best in at top midfields

Why’d you hate Coutinho?

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why’d you hate Coutinho?

Any player that feigns injury to force a transfer is a player I’m going to hate. He sat out matches complaining about pain in his back, which led to leaks from our medical staff saying he’s been scanned multiple times and his back seems fine. Then his agent said Coutinho’s back hurts because of great sadness that we’re getting in the way of his “dream move” to Barca (he was a Real Madrid fan though).

Once it became clear he wasn’t getting a last minute transfer to Barca and the window has shut, he was miraculously cured of his sadness induced back pain.

Yeah, that "sadness" malarkey players pull is something that's just proof these guys don't have a normal childhood like others do. It's almost stolen from them sue to the commitment they have to give to football from a very early age to succeed.  They remain man-children and react as such.

Latin players' weird obsession with the Spanish giants just makes no sense to me. 

Northern European players obviously are hugely attracted to bigger clubs as well, and Real and Barca are huge clubs by anyone's reckoning, but they don't act as if they have some biological need to go to those specific clubs.

If German and Scandinavian players can go to Spain and adapt to the lifestyle there, then there's no reason a Brazilian couldn't adapt to life in Britain, besides a lack of intelligence and emotional development. Juan Mata for example has taken to life in Britain just fine.

There are plenty of big clubs around Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Latin players' weird obsession with the Spanish giants just makes no sense to me. 

Northern European players obviously are hugely attracted to bigger clubs as well, and Real and Barca are huge clubs by anyone's reckoning, but they don't act as if they have some biological need to go to those specific clubs.

If German and Scandinavian players can go to Spain and adapt to the lifestyle there, then there's no reason a Brazilian couldn't adapt to life in Britain, besides a lack of intelligence and emotional development. Juan Mata for example has taken to life in Britain just fine.

Think it's the football they're brought up on. La Liga has been a mainstay digest in Central and South Anerican coubtries forever and the connection is almost as old as football in those countries. It's the same for Spaniards who know a hell of a lot more about Latin American football than people in other parts of Europe.

You've used Scandinavians as an example and I know for a fact that football in the British Isles is part of their culture so it would be understandable that they feel a pull to ultimately play here in thr UK.

Take the Dutch as an another example of these phenomena where they (on a large scale) want to play for one of the big Spanish two.

33 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Let Spurs have him, he will just be another flop and moan a year later how much he hates England. 

Actually, Malcom has a really good attitude. Even when he barely got playing time at Barça, he never quit, never caused any problem and he even took some extra-training to improve. When he moved to France, in less than a year he could speak fluent french.

I hope it works out for him, he seems to be a nice kid. In that sense, he reminds me of Lucas Moura.

On 22/05/2019 at 10:56, Inverted said:

There are also clubs which wouldn't fall under this category among many football fans in the modern game but would actually be far more ideal destinations for a player like Malcom, the likes of Valencia, or Sevilla, for example, come to mind.

I think he'd be a star at a club like Valencia myself.

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Actually, Malcom has a really good attitude. Even when he barely got playing time at Barça, he never quit, never caused any problem and he even took some extra-training to improve. When he moved to France, in less than a year he could speak fluent french.

I hope it works out for him, he seems to be a nice kid. In that sense, he reminds me of Lucas Moura.

I agree, Malcom does have a great attitude and to be honest he's a kind of similar story to the one Arsenal had with Lucas Pérez. Malcom has performed quite well in what he does everytime he's come on as a sub and in general has given opponents something completely different to think about when in relation to what they usually do have to think about when facing your typical Barça team. He changes dynamics, that's the most complimentary thing I can say about his time at Barcelona. I actually feel he is exactly the type of attacking player Arsenal require... He's a sort of Walcott, but even more explosive in the final third.

Just to say he's had no issues whatsoever at Barça whereas Dembélé who is blessed with so much talent, has had a multitude of issues.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I agree, Malcom does have a great attitude and to be honest he's a kind of similar story to the one Arsenal had with Lucas Pérez. Malcom has performed quite well in what he does everytime he's come on as a sub and in general has given opponents something completely different to think about when in relation to what they usually do have to think about when facing your typical Barça team. He changes dynamics, that's the most complimentary thing I can say about his time at Barcelona. I actually feel he is exactly the type of attacking player Arsenal require... He's a sort of Walcott, but even more explosive in the final third.

Just to say he's had no issues whatsoever at Barça whereas Dembélé who is blessed with so much talent, has had a multitude of issues.

Malcom deserved much more minutes than he got this season. Unlike Coutinho, you could see he gave everything he had when he was on the pitch and the made the most of the few chances Valverde gave him.

In a different environment, he will certainly thrive. He has the talent and the work ethic, he just needs a coach who has confidence in him.

10 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Well i dont want these kind of players at Arsenal, we have had enough in the past. I want players that are angry when they are not playing and not happy just to hang around picking up their wages.

• Subscriber

We were linked with him last summer and earlier this summer. I dont really know why Barcelona signed him in the first place. Looking at their options he was never going to get much game time.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

We were linked with him last summer and earlier this summer. I dont really know why Barcelona signed him in the first place. Looking at their options he was never going to get much game time.

Blame the player for going when he knew he be sitting on the bench.

• The title was changed to Malcom - Zenit St. Petersburg New Favourites To Land Winger

Archived