talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Malcom - Signs For Zenit St. Petersburg

football forum

So the story of negotiations between Arsenal and Barcelona according to Spanish sports daily Mundo Deportivo don’t leave Arsenal in a good state at all.

According to Mundo Deportivo, they’ve spoken to a couple of members of the technical team in the boardroom and apparently Arsenal have told Barcelona that they can’t fork out the €41m in one lump sum due to restrictions coming from the hierarchy (owner and shareholders).

Barça have been made aware that their first option is Crystal Palace’s Zaha and that Malcom would be the second choice. Barcelona are also aware that Arsenal are trying to destabilise the relationship between Zaha and Palace so as to reduce the price but they’ve also been told that Arsenal wouldn’t be able to pay for Zaha outright which puts even more impediments on any major signing.

Arsenal have also offered another modum of transfer in the shape of a loan deal with an option to buy but Barcelona’s recent experience with Denis Suárez has cancelled out that option. Denis Suárez has now moved to Celta Vigo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest on the Malcom interest is that according to Le Parisien French club Paris Saint-Germain have enquires about the situation revolving Malcom.

If true then Arsenal and practically everyone can forget it.

They should go in for Zaha. 

12 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The Malcom deal has been in the works for a while and considering that Everton and Barcelona have a great relationship, you'd think that this has a good chance of coming off. 

I would go into more detail, but another time.

Everton and Barcelona have a great relationship xD

Only because you keep buying their shite :rofl:

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton and Barcelona have a great relationship xD

Only because you keep buying their shite :rofl:

Yeah but remember Everton sign from Barcelona, Liverpool sign from Stoke. Levels.

41 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is he a left-footed right winger? Apparently that's a gap in the squad we want to address.

He’s actually two footed (ambidextrous) with the higher percentage on the left foot. It’s the reason Barça signed him as it’s the same with Dembélé and dozens of Barcelona players. 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s actually two footed (ambidextrous) with the higher percentage on the left foot. It’s the reason Barça signed him as it’s the same with Dembélé and dozens of Barcelona players. 

It’s ambipedal mate, ambidextrous is your hands

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s ambipedal mate, ambidextrous is your hands

Yeah, @SirBalon

giphy.gif

There are all sorts going on in the transfer market right now and all kinds of battles between clubs in the background by undermining both owning clubs and interested parties.

I didn't know whether to post this in the Wilfried Zaha thread or here on this one because the situation is interconnected in every way with one particular club not knowing exactly what they want and playing silly buggers.

The news that's been leaked from the Camp Nou is that a deal between Everton and Barça for the transfer of Malcom to Merseyside was almost done when in the early hours of this morning Arsenal contacted Barcelona to raise the original offer and raise Everton's slightly.

At the same time there is news stating that Arsenal have made Crystal Palace a new offer for the transfer of Zaha with players plus cash included. All of this to sign one of two players that will play in one position where Arsenal are concerned. Everton are clear on their target which is one player right now and that it Malcom with a serious offer both to Barcelona and personal terms and conditions for the player.

Arsenal look confused on what they want and need for all sorts of reasons and this is putting the breaks on various moves from different quarters.

• Subscriber
On 11/07/2019 at 12:46, SirBalon said:

Arsenal look confused on what they want and need for all sorts of reasons and this is putting the breaks on various moves from different quarters.

Hasn't this been the case for about a decade now? Arsenal are quietly becoming a proper shambles. I might be wrong looking in from the outside but to me I have no idea what they're actually trying to achieve. There still doesn't seem to be a consistent approach to transfers, I can't tell if there's a 3 year plan, a 5 year plan, what Emery's role in all of that is. You literally just seem like a club who are too rich to fall out of the top six but too incompetent to do anything interesting.

I'm not saying its Emery who is the problem but bottling top four and getting tested in the Europa final is what we'd call classic Wenger's Arsenal but now we should probably just call it classic post-Highbury Arsenal because the problem clearly goes a lot deeper than Wenger. All the optimism about the new era that could be ushered in after Arsene clearly outstayed his welcome by a few years seems to have dissipated already.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Hasn't this been the case for about a decade now? Arsenal are quietly becoming a proper shambles. I might be wrong looking in from the outside but to me I have no idea what they're actually trying to achieve. There still doesn't seem to be a consistent approach to transfers, I can't tell if there's a 3 year plan, a 5 year plan, what Emery's role in all of that is. You literally just seem like a club who are too rich to fall out of the top six but too incompetent to do anything interesting.

I'm not saying its Emery who is the problem but bottling top four and getting tested in the Europa final is what we'd call classic Wenger's Arsenal but now we should probably just call it classic post-Highbury Arsenal because the problem clearly goes a lot deeper than Wenger. All the optimism about the new era that could be ushered in after Arsene clearly outstayed his welcome by a few years seems to have dissipated already.

Now the fans are criticising out owners and the owners (the Kroenke family) are giving off soundbites...

I don’t want to criticise Unai Emery even if he has given some reasons to do so. The reasons are obvious... The big one being that he took over from someone that had been there for a quarter of a century and lets not kid ourselves, sacking coaches/managers in football has never been rare, but it’s become more common as the years have gone by. But even so, 20+ years with a manager is rare and it always has been. The timespan isn’t the problem itself so that’s where Wenger can’t be given the lion-share of the blame as it’s evident there’s alot of other stuff known and unknown to be taken into consideration as to the reasons behind us doing the opposite to most clubs and instead of building on our status and resources, we’ve done the opposite.

I’m not going to go over old arguments and points of references because, a) it’s pointless and b) you’ll never get the majority on board no matter how evident certain things are and have been for well over 10 years. I always continue to go back to the day David Dein exploded and left us and that’s where this part ends to the argument in this sense.

Back to Emery... Unai isn’t a coach to be given a project. This doesn’t make him an incompetent coach. Far from it! He is a football coach that can over-achieve with what he’s given. That’s where he made his fame in Spain with Almería, Valencia (post depression) and Sevilla. Once he moved into the big time with Paris Saint-Germain and demands were added to his skills as a coach, then this is maybe where we have witnessed his limitations or maybe that’s harsh and that he has needed more time to come to terms with a part of his profession that he has never been tested on. This season will tell us quite a but more about Emery’s limits.

The only issue or unjust analysis on any eventuality that sees Unai Emery take the blame for a hypothetical lack of progress with results is that our squad was severely unbalanced when he arrived and no matter what we bring in this summer in acts of habitual desperation won’t fix anything. So if he is sacked or if he resigns, we will never really know what he was capable of and if he really had reached his limits. 

• The title was changed to Malcom - Zenit St. Petersburg New Favourites To Land Winger
  • Subscriber

Rumours that we went back in for him yesterday with a better offer than Zenit after Zaha fell through, but he prefers the offer from Russia.

No great loss as I'm not a fan of players who would rather sit on Barcelona's bench or play in the Russian league over getting regular game time in Serie A or the Premier League.

Archived