The better place to talk football.

EFL League One & Two

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Shola Ameobi and Jon Stead are the strike force at Notts County. That is all.

should be in the Premier League in no time then!

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Mark Robins has taken over at Coventry. It is absolutely insane to think Coventry City could be in League Two next season.

is it? they've not finished higher than 6th in about 50 years in any division :D 

Coventry City have been fucked solidly by their joke owners for years now - I feel for their fans. It's a shame they've actually made it to Wembley for the Johnstone's Paintpot as SISU will now think that their ludicrous policy of stripping the club of any value has worked - first shot at silverware since 1987 and all that.

Fuck SISU.

In other news, Bolton are playing Fleetwood Town away this weekend and will be demolished by the form side in the country. Since selling Clough and not managing to get Sammy Ameobi back on loan, we've had almost nothing up top. I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see us miss out on the play-offs - we're still relying on shit balls to Washing Machine Madine and absolutely no support around him. God awful - I'm glad the tickets sold out quickly and I wasn't tempted to go this weekend.

• Subscriber
On 3/10/2017 at 5:29 PM, StefBWFC said:

Coventry City have been fucked solidly by their joke owners for years now - I feel for their fans. It's a shame they've actually made it to Wembley for the Johnstone's Paintpot as SISU will now think that their ludicrous policy of stripping the club of any value has worked - first shot at silverware since 1987 and all that.

Fuck SISU.

In other news, Bolton are playing Fleetwood Town away this weekend and will be demolished by the form side in the country. Since selling Clough and not managing to get Sammy Ameobi back on loan, we've had almost nothing up top. I genuinely wouldn't be shocked to see us miss out on the play-offs - we're still relying on shit balls to Washing Machine Madine and absolutely no support around him. God awful - I'm glad the tickets sold out quickly and I wasn't tempted to go this weekend.

Good call that.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:08 AM, Dan said:

Good call that.

Haha, expert prediction from me. 

There's a reason I never make any money at the bookies - secretly, I know absolutely fuck all about football.

Another twatting for us today then, this time by Northampton... is that how it works?

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Cambridge in League One would be quite an achievement.

Might upset some people saying this but I disagree somewhat. Yes because we were in non league for a decade and have only been back up 3 seasons, but I wouldn't say it's an achievement for the stature of the club and the city as I'd put us around the lower end of League One if the tables were decided by where teams 'should' be.

At the end of the day though, League One down to the top half of the Conference is pretty much random bollocks these days. A club of any size within a certain bracket could be anywhere between the top of League One and battling relegation in the Conference in 5 years and it wouldn't surprise me. 

If I were Cambridge, I'd look at next season rather than this one for promotion/a top seven finish. They've been very good and I'm quite envious of having a decent manager (and a stable club, generally) like Shaun Derry but I think another Summer together with a couple of additions and no major departures and they can have a good go at League Two next season. 

Looking at League Two next season at this early stage and it's probably going to be wide open and quite unpredictable now we've finally got rid of Portsmouth and Plymouth. Luton could well go as well and that's a big name potentially gone too. Looking at what's coming down from League One, Chesterfield are usually quite strong at this level but you've got Coventry who are basket case but could put together a good side in the face of adversity, a la Blackpool this season and Swindon could do well with a young squad and some decent additions. 

• Administrator

Confirmed today that Wigan relegated to League  One. Hartlepool have another chance to retain football league status next week. 

Anyone seen the league two playoff picture?! Something like 8 teams still in with a chance of getting a spot xD

• 4 weeks later...

There looks like being some good business so far in League Two.

Chris Porter joining Crewe Alex from Colchester is a big signing. He always manages to find the back of the net with relative ease and should be a minimum ten goal a season striker for them. Cambridge have signed Emmanuel Osabede from Gillingham and Gary Deegan from Shrewsbury Town. That's two strong centre midfielders for them. Luton have signed Alan McCormack from Brentford. He's fairly versatile these days and has been round the block a fair few times too. 

How are Bristol Rovers doing? 

I'm sure I've told this story, but I met a player that played for them maybe about...8 years ago, and we had a blast and he got me a signed, Rovers kit. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Kwesi Appiah has signed for AFC Wimbledon. It would be a good signing if he can stay fit. He's had a nasty injury that's taken a lot out of him.

He was brilliant on loan at Cambridge a few seasons back. Hope he can still make a fist of his career. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

He was brilliant on loan at Cambridge a few seasons back. Hope he can still make a fist of his career. 

I remember you saying. Hes a lot more muscular since then and has a goatee now. Playing well for Ghana has helped his reputation. He did ok briefly at Reading but hasn't found a home again like Cambridge.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Cambridge played their first pre-season friendly against St Albans tonight, winning 1-0 with a goal from Luke Berry.

If this was Football Manager and we did a "predicted finish" based on the odds on winning the league, they've currently got us at joint 7th/8th/9th/10th with Exeter, Carlisle and Chesterfield at 16/1. 4/1 to be promoted.

Not sure what to expect from this season but Will Norris has just moved to Wolves to presumably act as understudy to John Ruddy who himself came through at Cambridge before being sold to Everton.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived