The better place to talk football.

U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany

football forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Only for that one moment.

He was doing alright I thought up til then. Just a stupid moment but with his full-on nature of play it's to be expected at times.

He's young too, plenty of time to learn to not be reckless.

• Subscriber

France really should be winning this, an England win would have been more than a bit fortuitous. Ikone has had Dasilva on toast and managed to get about 5 shots away by cutting inside.

And that's 1-2. Daft own goal by Wan Bissaka who hasn't had a great game for me.

Have no idea how Solanke was even starting. Has been shit ever since becoming a first team footballer. Sessegnon should be moved down to LB or moved to the bench so England's greatest ever talent, Reiss Nelson, can start.

Aouar and Dembele also had stinkers imo. Konate and Upamecano looked absolutely quality though, which makes sense considering they're both some of the best young CBs around, and regular teammates at the 3rd-best team in Germany. 

Unreal combination to have available for a U21s championship.

I also like Maddison and Foden as CMs in a 3, I think England should be looking to replace Alli and Lingard with them long-term.

Would be text book from Germany to choke against Serbia today, but the fact that they showed some maturity against Denmark is giving me hope that they won't choke. After their first goal they sat back, defended well and executed some really nice counter attacks instead of playing for possession just for the sakes of it.

• Subscriber

Austrian starting XI against Denmark:

D9g4QYkWwAE44cg.jpg

Hope for an Austrian win here... Such a perfect start would be huge for the team's ambitions. Good to see Friedl starting too.

All Austrian players are warming up in tops paying tribute to Hannes Wolf; nice gesture.

• Subscriber
On 19/06/2019 at 04:11, Eco said:

Saw Romanian dominated today (good), then I saw Puscas scored the first goal...isn't he 23...? 

Players are eligible to play if they were born on or after 1 January 1996. That's because  the competition is held every two years and the qualification process for the 2019 tournament began in 2017 (players had to be 21 or under at that point).

• Subscriber

A poor first half by Austria and Denmark deservedly lead 1-0 in HT. 

Hope to see Kalajdzic for Kvasina in the second half. Austria need more action upfront; up until now it has been long balls to Kvasina and most of those fail to reach him. No creativity whatsoever and way too passive. 

• The title was changed to U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived