talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany

football forum

• Subscriber

England actually have to win this tonight.

Lose it and we're out (if its head to head). Draw we're going to need to hammer Croatia and hope Romania get well beaten by the French to go through.

Win it and we should be OK. Yet another potential crunch game against Croatia mind.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Only seen about half of it but a very flat performance so far. While I'd have put Calvert-Lewin in up front I wouldn't have made quite as many changes as he seemingly has.

Fodens exclusion is particularly odd. 

• Subscriber

Just looked up the lineup and realised Dowell is also playing. Didn't notice him in 20 minutes there which doesn't reflect well. We have far too many young players who go from being the best in their position for England throughout the youth teams then hit a wall when they reach first team age and end up never making it. Obviously not basing that entirely on today but it's true.

• Subscriber

Demarai Gray looks like one of those players who was so good growing up that he was always by far the best player on the pitch, and never learned how to play in any other way other than doing everything himself.

• Subscriber

2-4 game over. This group of England players have made it very clear here that they're not used to playing together as a team, coupled with a trio of mistakes, each more ridiculous than the last, and you're out.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

That was horrendous. Boothroyd out.

We are so prone to clangers it's scary.

Lol boothroyd is still in football it was scandalous he was still getting jobs in lower leagues 5 years ago nevermind our national U21 a complete clown

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dan said:

That was horrendous. Boothroyd out.

We are so prone to clangers it's scary.

His tactics were poor but Choudhury, Wan-Bissaka, Kenny, Tomori and Henderson have all dropped massive individual errors to contribute to these two results which can't be pinned entirely on the manager. Today was just a total meltdown.

• Subscriber

I thought his subs against France were absolutely ridiculous and put us under huge pressure yesterday (I didn't even realise beforehand only one team automatically went through) which surprise surprise, we bottled spectacularly.

Last summer really was a one off. We are just horrendous at tournaments at so many levels. Time and time again we blow it with absolute howlers. There've been about six in the two games.

Tell you what I'll hold my hands up here. For all my Maddison clamour he was shite.

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

My national team is doing better than I thought.

It really looks there is hope for Romanian football. So proud of them! 

Romania have a fantastic new generation of players. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Drew said:

My national team is doing better than I thought.

It really looks there is hope for Romanian football. So proud of them! 

Welcome to the forums :)

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Dan said:

I thought his subs against France were absolutely ridiculous and put us under huge pressure yesterday (I didn't even realise beforehand only one team automatically went through) which surprise surprise, we bottled spectacularly.

Last summer really was a one off. We are just horrendous at tournaments at so many levels. Time and time again we blow it with absolute howlers. There've been about six in the two games.

Tell you what I'll hold my hands up here. For all my Maddison clamour he was shite.

Bit harsh too I think. The youth teams have won loads in the last 3 or 4 years.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Bit harsh too I think. The youth teams have won loads in the last 3 or 4 years.

Yeah that probably was harsh, but I have read some pretty concerning stuff about this year - that we've blown basically everything at every level in 2019 and that things behind the scenes have gone back to how they were before ever since Dan Ashworth left.

Just when you thought the FA had seen a bit of sense.

Hopefully players like Foden, Sancho & Hudson-Odoi keep us competitive because they're three players with enormous potential.

• Subscriber

Austria v Germany is turning out to be a class match. 1-1 in HT; Austria a bit unlucky not to take the lead. Great save by Nübel on Kalajdzic header first and then they hit the post just before the half time whistle...

Austria looking good as well, hope they can get a win here today and advance to the knockout stages.

• The title was changed to U21 European Championship - Spain 2-1 Germany
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived