• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Hakim Ziyech Signs For Chelsea

Recommended Posts

Arsenal are favourites to sign him, it's the preferred choice of Ziyech. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea why United have such a hard on for getting Sancho when they can put their efforts on Ziyech, who only has a 25 million release clause. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes think he would be perfect at Liverpool. Has the guile and the pace to be a proper front-man and would also supplement the way Klopp sets up the front-attack as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous release clause. More clubs should be on him, including us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ridiculous release clause. More clubs should be on him, including us.

He will undoubtedly want a starting spot. And so should he. Won't get that with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should come to Leicester and be a 100% regular starter :ph34r:.

Happily have him for 1-2 years then he can have his dream move to Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should come to Leicester and be a 100% regular starter :ph34r:.

Happily have him for 1-2 years then he can have his dream move to Arsenal.

People on Foxestalk have been going on about him for literally 4/5 years. Could've had him for very little at one point.

Ship's sailed though. We ain't got a prayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be an unreal coup for us at that price, absolutely brilliant from the bits I saw from him in the CL this season. Exactly the type of player we need to be pursuing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dan said:

People on Foxestalk have been going on about him for literally 4/5 years. Could've had him for very little at one point.

Ship's sailed though. We ain't got a prayer.

Yep, I definitely remember him being an option even when we got promoted. Probably could have got him when he would have been about 21 and probably similar price to Kante. Having said that, if he had seasons like Mahrez & Kante we'd have lost both of them given the release clauses we liked putting in xD.

£25m release clause is mad. @Panna King when did he sign his last contract? Ajax must be kicking themselves. He could easily go for double that given how well he/Ajax have done in last couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep, I definitely remember him being an option even when we got promoted. Probably could have got him when he would have been about 21 and probably similar price to Kante. Having said that, if he had seasons like Mahrez & Kante we'd have lost both of them given the release clauses we liked putting in xD.

£25m release clause is mad. @Panna King when did he sign his last contract? Ajax must be kicking themselves. He could easily go for double that given how well he/Ajax have done in last couple years. 

He has had it in his contract for the last few years. He was going to Lyon last year and was all set to go but Fekir failed to leave, Tadic was bought as his replacement. Ajax done well to convince him to stay for a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziyech will stay at Ajax now, he has signed a new 3 years contract.  Brilliant work from Ajax to keep him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.aacd9f477771a63895aa777271a71c7b.png

Ajax has removed the £26m release clause in Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech's deal as part of the 26-year-old's contract renewal with the club. Ziyech has been linked with Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Real Madrid. (AS, via Telegraaf)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.aacd9f477771a63895aa777271a71c7b.png

Ajax has removed the £26m release clause in Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech's deal as part of the 26-year-old's contract renewal with the club. Ziyech has been linked with Arsenal, Manchester City, Manchester United and Real Madrid. (AS, via Telegraaf)

This was done about 3 months ago when he signed a new 3 year contract, why is this news now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Panna King said:

This was done about 3 months ago when he signed a new 3 year contract, why is this news now.  

Don't know? just saw it in Transfer Speculations and just added it in.  :coffee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.bcd7d2695579ee6845183dcee1481864.png

Tottenham will move for Ajax and Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech, 26, if and when Denmark international Christian Eriksen, 27, leaves the club. (90min)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got told by somebody who told me we wanted Ayoze Perez that we legitimately want Ziyech in January. God knows if anything comes of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he won't be 26 mill now surely. Exciting player, and his price will be over the roof if he does leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2019 at 12:41, True Blue said:

Well he won't be 26 mill now surely. Exciting player, and his price will be over the roof if he does leave.

Yes he doesn't have a clause anymore as he was suppose to leave last season but his move to Lyon fell through due to Fekir failing a medical at Liverpool. Ziyech didn't even have a squad number at the start of last season as Tadic was bought as his replacement, quite a miracle how it has turned out for Ziyech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.8aaa6a4518417816afa34e73077969da.png

Ajax's Moroccan midfielder Hakim Ziyech, 26, has been told he can leave the club this month, after being linked with a move to Arsenal and Tottenham in the January transfer window. (Football.London)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reached an agreement with Ajax. 45 million and will join in the summer. 

Happy with that. Get a player in their prime for a fraction of the cost in today’s market. Also a top player in when we haven’t secured top 4. 

Thus ends the Sancho dream though. 

Edited by Cicero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn - what a signing that is for you. £45m cheap these days as well for a player of his quality.

Instantly gives you more of an attacking threat if he's going to be playing instead of Pedro/Willian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reached an agreement with Ajax. 45 million and will join in the summer. 

Happy with that. Get a player in their prime for a fraction of the cost in today’s market. Also a top player in when we haven’t secured top 4. 

Thus ends the Sancho dream though. 

He's a quality player and he will definitely be a great asset for Chelsea's attacking play. His set piece expertise will be very useful as well for Chelsea. 45 million euros is also a very reasonable deal for a player of his quality in this day and age.

Sancho would of cost you more than double than what you have paid to buy Ziyech. It is surprising to me how long Ajax have managed to hold on to him for. He will be 27 when he joins Chelsea next season and one would of thought that a rich club would of snapped him up a couple of years ago, at the very least. 

In any case, Chelsea have bought themselves a classy player, who is very efficient on the field of play. I am sure that he will be a success at Chelsea.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2020 at 15:46, Stan said:

Damn - what a signing that is for you. £45m cheap these days as well for a player of his quality.

Instantly gives you more of an attacking threat if he's going to be playing instead of Pedro/Willian. 

They bought him for 45 million euros and not 45 million pounds. So in pounds, they have paid £38 million for him, which is an excellent deal for a player of his quality.

Edited by Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reached an agreement with Ajax. 45 million and will join in the summer. 

 

Done deal 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quality signing. So cheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why so cheap? Contract running low? 

He's just undervalued for some reason. His transfer value has been around £30 million to £40 million for ages. 

I think that the main reason why his valuation is relatively low, is because he is not proven in a major league. But we have seen plenty of great Champions League performances by him to suggest that he could definitely hack it in a major European league.

Edited by Michael
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement