13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will lift the FA Cup?

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I reckon it's Chelsea's. 

Arsenal have a great recent FA Cup record but Chelsea are the stronger team.

The end of Arsene Wenger's reign as well...

11 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Arsene Wengers perfect send off as he is the cup king.

Terry to win his 6th FA Cup?

Hope this is in the back of every players mind until the league is finished, and judging by the lack of real emotional celebration yesterday, you could tell our players still had a job to do. 

44 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Terry to win his 6th FA Cup?

Hope this is in the back of every players mind until the league is finished, and judging by the lack of real emotional celebration yesterday, you could tell our players still had a job to do. 

Wenger has won it 6 times, if he does it again he will be the most succesful fa cup manager in history.

A random red card for Xhaka (like all the ones he's received so far) and a penalty for Chelsea confirmed. Anthony Taylor will be the referee. The guy that was tapped on the chest that resulted in an over the top 4 game touchline ban for Wenger just this season. He's quite a poor referee overall as well, is there no one better?

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

A random red card for Xhaka (like all the ones he's received so far) and a penalty for Chelsea confirmed. Anthony Taylor will be the referee. The guy that was tapped on the chest that resulted in an over the top 4 game touchline ban for Wenger just this season. He's quite a poor referee overall as well, is there no one better?

Don't recall us getting penalties in finals, and you mean by this every time Chelsea beats Arsenal is with ref's help? Hardly.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd start Matic personally as we could use Cesc off the bench for a final. Pedro and Willian is a toss up. 

Getting sick of how some think this is already won for us. It's a one off game where anything can happen. 

Koscielny suspended, Gabriel out injured, Mustafi a doubt... I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't conceded at least a couple of goals. Mertesacker isn't the quickest but other than that he's usually a very reliable defender, Holding has been great in this formation and Monreal has filled in well as the LCB, them playing together though is untested and the biggest worry. Chamberlain just back from injury so probably won't start, Ospina will start ahead of Cech as the 2nd choice keeper is pretty much given the FA Cup games, up front the choice is between Welbeck and Giroud and can see Welbeck starting and Giroud coming on late.

Possible line-up:

Ospina
Holding - Mertesacker - Monreal
Bellerin ---- Xhaka ---- Ramsey ---- Gibbs
Ozil
Welbeck ----- Sanchez

Cech, Debuchy?,Coquelin, Elneny, Chamberlain, Walcott, Giroud

We could though revert back to a back 4:

Ospina
Mertesacker ----- Holding
Bellerin --------------------------- Monreal
Xhaka --- Ramsey
Walcott ------- Ozil ----- Sanchez
Welbeck

Cech, Gibbs, Coquelin, Elneny, Chamberlain, Iwobi, Giroud

• The title was changed to FA Cup Final - Saturday 27th May - Chelsea vs Arsenal
  • Administrator

agree with that. Chelsea have far too much strength in their starting XI as well as on the bench.

When you match up player by player, you'd perhaps only take Sanchez from Arsenal's team. Keep Sanchez and Ozil quiet, which Chelsea are very capable of doing, and Chelsea should win easily.

You'd also take in to account the momentum of both sides, as well as the injuries of Arsenal's squad. Barely have a defence there. Costa vs Mertesacker? only one winner for me and it's not the lanky German.

My favourite game of the year this is. I can't believe it's been a year since I was was sitting there when 'one of our own' Jason Puncheon came off the bench and scored in Ian Wright-esque fashion and we all completely lost it. Seeing all those red and blue flags waving about, being crowdsurfed and seeing Wembley Arch shake because of the atmosphere we created.  I waited almost 20 years for that moment and it was all worth it. My favourite ever memory in football. 

I hope Arsenal do it and Wenger retires after the match on a high. It's not nice to see all these protests as a neutral towards somebody who has influenced one club so much as time goes by they're only going to get worse. Hope it can all end, Wenger gets remembered for the trophies he's won, and everybody moves on.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

My favourite game of the year this is. I can't believe it's been a year since I was was sitting there when 'one of our own' Jason Puncheon came off the bench and scored in Ian Wright-esque fashion and we all completely lost it. Seeing all those red and blue flags waving about, being crowdsurfed and seeing Wembley Arch shake because of the atmosphere we created.  I waited almost 20 years for that moment and it was all worth it. My favourite ever memory in football. 

I can't wait to have this feeling.

Last cup success we had at Wembley was at the Old Wembley. Far too long ago. 

Really need to taste the success of an FA Cup run culminating in an appearance at Wembley. Even better if we were to win it as well. Because it'll be most fans' first time watching us at Wembley in the FA Cup, the atmosphere would probably be similar to what you describe above. Went to the Community Shield and as enjoyable as that day out was, it's nowhere near what an FA Cup final will be like. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Arsene Wenger has no intention of leaving Arsenal.

Win, lose, draw or forfeit he will be in charge next season.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

He'll be there for another two years then he'll call it a day I think.

Sketchy team for us today, Mertesacker has played virtually zero football all season and Monreal & Holding is a very make shift back 3. With that in mind why drop Cech for this one? Chamberlain at LWB is a strange one as well, I don't think I'd have gone with him there. Rest of the team is how I'd expect though and our front 5 is pretty solid.

Think Chelsea will be too much though, especially with our defence.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I probably am) but why are there comments about Cech being dropped? Isn't he injured and forced Wenger into this decision? 

wenger's lost it mate

• The title was changed to FA Cup Final - Saturday 27th May - Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived