• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Final - Saturday 27th May - Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal

football forum

Who will lift the FA Cup?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will lift the FA Cup?

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd rather us finish 11th and win the FA Cup than just finish 4th to be honest. 

Its all about the silverware, the pots and pans. 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

That's pretty extreme mate. An 11th placed finish means 38 extremely frustrating games to sit through that would for any Liverpool fan fall extremely short of what you'd expect. 

I think a mix is needed. If you finish top 4 for 2 seasons in a row, then in the 3rd season finish 11th but win some nice silverwear (UCL, FA cup or Europa league) I would be happy, in spite of a mediocre league season. But would want the team/manager to focus up again next season.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Behave. It's good but not invincible. No where near our 2005 team. And in a one off game, anything can happen. Worst Chelsea team in the abromovich era beat a prime Barcelona. 

6 hours ago, Spike said:

xD It's a decent team propped up by a world class manager. It'd get smacked by the 08-10 team.

30 wins don't lie :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

6 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

30 wins don't lie :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Our 2005 team will always be the best in my eyes. Reckon we were one of the best if not arguably the best team in Europe that year. The records we set and broke were unmeasurable. Unfortunate against Liverpool in the CL

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Our 2005 team will always be the best in my eyes. Reckon we were one of the best if not arguably the best team in Europe that year. The records we set and broke were unmeasurable. Unfortunate against Liverpool in the CL

I would say you were second best in Europe behind that AC Milan team at the time because of the difference in experience. Even though you beat that Barcelona team with Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco etc I'd probably have you on par with them. Still a fantastic team mind you. 

As much as I don't rate him, you have to wonder how Mertesacker managed to pull a performance like that out of the bag yesterday. First start of the season in a major cup final against the league champions? Incredible. He definitely played like he had something to prove.

Holding should also get some credit for standing up and not allowing himself to get bullied by Costa because it looked to me like Costa targeted him specifically as a weakness. Holding withstood it for the most part and was courageous. You can see him having more of a staring role next season.

It also looks to me like switching to the new system has worked wonders for Bellerin. I think he could become a better player next season. Wing backs are fast becoming pivitol in the game now and he looks a different player from what I'd previously seen this season. Seems to be getting in that penalty area at every opportunity and from a fantasy football perspective, I can see him making quite a few assists next season, not to mention chipping in with goals.

• Subscriber
On 5/27/2017 at 8:26 PM, SirBalon said:

It was hypothetical I know, but some Leicester fans would rather have stayed in the Premier League (when they were under threat) than hypothetically winning the Champions League which is the most coveted club trophy of them all. Try telling that to the players!

Well they're fucking idiots then.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Danny said:

Ramsey was defo offside for the first goal

The rule is an absolute joke. There's just no way he isn't interfering with play. It's so short-sighted if it's true that doing what he did means he's onside. He hasn't touched the ball but he has gone near enough to the ball to influence play.

I give officials a lot of stick but their job is absolutely impossible. So many confusing rules. It's hard enough to call decisions in a split second, let alone with about fifty other things to decide on during that split second. Farce. Get it reverted.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The players or the fans?

The fans. I have no idea how anyone could turn down being champions of Europe for Premier League survival.

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

The fans. I have no idea how anyone could turn down being champions of Europe for Premier League survival.

The existence in the Premier League has become detrimental to anything in English football.  It's become the Holy Grail for many clubs just like for others that top four slot on qualification for the Champions League even if it's only to participate has become the same thing on a different level.  It's no longer just about dreaming of winning trophies...  It's economics that has also been fed to the fans as a feeling of pride and honour.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The existence in the Premier League has become detrimental to anything in English football.  It's become the Holy Grail for many clubs just like for others that top four slot on qualification for the Champions League even if it's only to participate has become the same thing on a different level.  It's no longer just about dreaming of winning trophies...  It's economics that has also been fed to the fans as a feeling of pride and honour.

It has and I always said when we came up that for a couple of years survival isn't a bad thing at all, but I want us to really kick on and try and make a name for ourselves rather than become a West Brom or Stoke - functional, but ultimately dull to support.

What happened was quite remarkable and flew well in the face of that, but even now I'm thinking we need to have a serious crack at the cups.

If we had won the Champions League and gone down we'd have been in the Championship with Champions League football again next year. If we couldn't have attracted the players to get us back up in that scenario then it's simply terrible management. I think it's a depressing outlook on the game that survival could even be considered in the same breath as being Champions of Europe.

People have been seriously suckered in in this country.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived