The better place to talk football.

European Parliament Elections

football forum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I don't know if I'll bother, if I do it will be Labour.

Voted for them since I was voting age lol.

This is NOT a mini referendum at all. Nobody shoud fall for this and it is what it is... The EU Elections!

A referendum is and only is if and when it's called on the public to vot on. That will be a referendum.

48 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This is a mini referendum 

Brexit Party, UKIP = No deal

Conservatives = May's deal

Labour = customs union

Lib Dems, Greens, ChangeUK = Remain 

Not sure you're able to define Labour's position so easily, part of the reason I'm lending my vote elsewhere on this occasion.

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is NOT a mini referendum at all. Nobody shoud fall for this and it is what it is... The EU Elections!

A referendum is and only is if and when it's called on the public to vot on. That will be a referendum. 

Brexit Party will do very well and try to suggest it is a defining vote, whereas in fact I'd imagine the turnout will still be fairly low, if bigger than normal EU elections.

23 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Brexit Party will do very well and try to suggest it is a defining vote, whereas in fact I'd imagine the turnout will still be fairly low, if bigger than normal EU elections.

The low turnout affects those that want a remain outcome for sure and also the fact many Europeans (EU citizens in thr UK) don't know they can vote and in many cases prefer to execute their vote via post to their home country and this also affects the fact the Nazi, sorry, Brexit Party will be more noticeable. The Brexit Party whose only directive is to destroy the EU and do absolutely nothing constructive within it.

But what nobody must fall for (this to all those that are fighting to stop Brexit) is that this is in anyway anything indicative of a decision in how the UK feel on Brexit because it isn't and that's a fact. Plus, this is NOT any sort of referendum. A referendum (I repeat) is only a referendum if and when it's called!

29 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure you're able to define Labour's position so easily, part of the reason I'm lending my vote elsewhere on this occasion.

Agreed... Blame Corbyn and those that direct him in the background. I am voting Lib Dems who are 100% clear on this and I know it hurts the EU Elections outcome, but they've betrayed both sides with their unwillingness to define themselves in the attempt to win a General Election.

• The title was changed to European Parliament Elections
  • Subscriber

Postal ballot came through the door a few weeks back, stuck it on the table, closed my eyes and let a pin drop on top, it pointed to Labour so that was me with the tick, if it had landed on the Tory candidate I would have just binned the vote, politicians are all the same to me, they pump their gums what they are going to do just to get your vote and when they get in power all the promises they made go out the window.

I wish David Edward Sutch aka Screaming Lord Sutch was still alive as I would have voted for him. :coffee:

Screaming_Lord_Sutch.jpg

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Anyone voting for Labour on the basis of something other than a customs union is most likely following loyalty to Corbyn or to Blair showing the election is the upper limit of Labour loyalty among the politically active.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

You've ran away there on the word referendum and missed the concept. Parties have campaigned first and foremost on their Brexit position. People like yourself are voting almost if not entirely based on a Brexit position. This is a litmus test of the ideas out there. It will define how the political party's move going forward. It will define their campaigns going forward. It will measure their performance thus far. It will show the limit of their politically active base. The voter movements will show the amount of the electorate rattled into demanding remain or no deal. None of the presented ideas are actually set to win which I would posit is why the word referendum had you flustered.

38 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Anyone voting for Labour on the basis of something other than a customs union is most likely following loyalty to Corbyn or to Blair showing the election is the upper limit of Labour loyalty among the politically active.

You've ran away there on the word referendum and missed the concept. Parties have campaigned first and foremost on their Brexit position. People like yourself are voting almost if not entirely based on a Brexit position. This is a litmus test of the ideas out there. It will define how the political party's move going forward. It will define their campaigns going forward. It will measure their performance thus far. It will show the limit of their politically active base. The voter movements will show the amount of the electorate rattled into demanding remain or no deal. None of the presented ideas are actually set to win which I would posit is why the word referendum had you flustered.

Indeed, but not everyone is voting that way as it’s been mentioned in the news with many Remainers voting Labour or other parties on the correct basis of their candidate for the position of MEP being a very good one. There are a couple of Tory MEPs that are brilliant and should be voted in again.

Nothing whatsoever can be ascertained from these European Elections as to an indication of the mood of the country. We have Gov polls for this which again aren’t factual as we know. The only way to find out is another referendum and I’m pretty confident on that scope.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed, but not everyone is voting that way as it’s been mentioned in the news with many Remainers voting Labour or other parties on the correct basis of their candidate for the position of MEP being a very good one. There are a couple of Tory MEPs that are brilliant and should be voted in again.

Nothing whatsoever can be ascertained from these European Elections as to an indication of the mood of the country. We have Gov polls for this which again aren’t factual as we know. The only way to find out is another referendum and I’m pretty confident on that scope.

When you speak of "another referendum" you most likely speak of something very very different. A binary lens I bet of remain and leave. Whereas this is a litmus test and mini referendum of something which differs from that. Start there and then work out what this is in fact likely indicative of. Such as the death of the Conservative party in it's current form and the limits or heights of passion for no deal and continuity remain. This will determine what follows.

29 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

When you speak of "another referendum" you most likely speak of something very very different. A binary lens I bet of remain and leave. Whereas this is a litmus test and mini referendum of something which differs from that. Start there and then work out what this is in fact likely indicative of. Such as the death of the Conservative party in it's current form and the limits or heights of passion for no deal and continuity remain. This will determine what follows.

It won’t determine what follows at all. It will he used by the media and “journalism” for their own agenda whether it be leave (most likely as the liars will more than probably get mass votes) or remain.

A referendum of brought forward will be voted on by Parliament and those MPs will use their bias on it whatever that view is. There is no mass “Leave with no deal” following. That’s just for the charlatans and those that have been conditioned by them in whatever unfounded hatred belief they hang on. 

This is the beginning of the beginning of the end xD

Then only way to get a referendum idea is to apply a referendum. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Are there any chances right wingers will get the majority in these elections ? wouldn't surprise me though its happening around the world and its crazy. 

Farage's band of cunts will in the UK but they normally do in the European elections. Praying Yaxley-Lennon doesn't get a seat in the North West here. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Farage's band of cunts will in the UK but they normally do in the European elections. Praying Yaxley-Lennon doesn't get a seat in the North West here. 

If the video I saw of him in Liverpool the other day is anything to go by, you'll be fine :) 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

If the video I saw of him in Liverpool the other day is anything to go by, you'll be fine :) 

Yeah his lot always seem to be heavily outnumbered wherever they go but he had a big social media following before he was banned if I remember correctly. I suppose very few of them will be arsed voting though (hopefully!)

7 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Postal ballot came through the door a few weeks back, stuck it on the table, closed my eyes and let a pin drop on top, it pointed to Labour so that was me with the tick, if it had landed on the Tory candidate I would have just binned the vote, politicians are all the same to me, they pump their gums what they are going to do just to get your vote and when they get in power all the promises they made go out the window.

I wish David Edward Sutch aka Screaming Lord Sutch was still alive as I would have voted for him. :coffee:

Screaming_Lord_Sutch.jpg

So basically you voted labour as you’ve always been socially conditioned to do, but gave us this bizarre “pin drop” to justify backing a treacherous anti Semitic shitshot 😂🤣

Archived