talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Parliament Elections

football forum

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It won’t determine what follows at all. It will he used by the media and “journalism” for their own agenda whether it be leave (most likely as the liars will more than probably get mass votes) or remain.

A referendum of brought forward will be voted on by Parliament and those MPs will use their bias on it whatever that view is. There is no mass “Leave with no deal” following. That’s just for the charlatans and those that have been conditioned by them in whatever unfounded hatred belief they hang on. 

This is the beginning of the beginning of the end xD

Then only way to get a referendum idea is to apply a referendum. 

The referendum vote in parliament was pulled this morning with May's resignation now expected instead.

This election provides the extensive data to the party's that will influence their next political manoeuvres. That is how it determines what follows. It's of significant importance to Labour and the Conservatives as it provides a measure of general election loss. The rise of the Brexit Party will force major decisions within the Conservative party. That's also how it determines what happens next. Change UK has flopped with over half of the electorate not knowing what they stand for. The switch to Lib Dems in Tory and Labour areas also provides the data points which will influence political manoeuvring by the pair. Again determining what happens next. This election is the testing of the proposed ideas. Its a referendum of them which will act as a guide for the big 2's next moves.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Harvsky said:

The referendum vote in parliament was pulled this morning with May's resignation now expected instead.

This election provides the extensive data to the party's that will influence their next political manoeuvres. That is how it determines what follows. It's of significant importance to Labour and the Conservatives as it provides a measure of general election loss. The rise of the Brexit Party will force major decisions within the Conservative party. That's also how it determines what happens next. Change UK has flopped with over half of the electorate not knowing what they stand for. The switch to Lib Dems in Tory and Labour areas also provides the data points which will influence political manoeuvring by the pair. Again determining what happens next. This election is the testing of the proposed ideas. Its a referendum of them which will act as a guide for the big 2's next moves.

Harv you’re initial breakdown was accurate. 

The Tories will need to act quickly now or risk having their vote split by Farage

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Voted Brexit party, genuine question? 

Do all of you remainers periods sync up when you enter a topic on here? 

Yep. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So basically you voted labour as you’ve always been socially conditioned to do, but gave us this bizarre “pin drop” to justify backing a treacherous anti Semitic shitshot 😂🤣

Lol, that was just a tongue in the cheek remark but I did do that once when I was pissed and I can't remember who I voted for but I did vote labour this time but don't ask me why? as I said all politicians make promises which they never keep.

We should start a TF365 Party and challenge all, there are members in here with more brains than those out there in the Tory, Labour, Lib Dems etc and would do a far better job than them. :D 

I received my ballot and completely forgot to mail the fucking thing out and now it's far too late to have it count now (obviously, because there's no sort of teleportation for mail from the US). So that's annoying, must remember to mail it out as soon as I get it next time.

Even though I've said I'd never vote for Lib Dem again not that long ago after their big betrayal... I would have voted Lib Dem here.

45 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Heard the Brexit party are winning.

Exit polls in Britain aren't allowed to be published in Britain until voting ends. Overall, voting in this election ends Sunday 22:00, even though voting specifically in Britain ended today, making exit polls pretty useless for this election as all votes in Britain will probably be counted by Sunday 22:00.

Daniel Hannah said his gut feeling was he fears a total whipout of the Tories. 

May to put her notice in today I reckon. Hunt has stuck his knife in now, she’s toast they will let her carry on till trump has gone but then she’s in the fucking bin. 

Personally I want Raab to succeed her. Johnson has shown cowardice in refusing to act, she’s needed knifing for about 18 months now. A total dog turd of a PM

The Labour remainers have the knives out now. 

Fully expect this to be the outcome of their plan:

1 - Labour pivot to an explicit anti-Brexit stance, Tories will pivot to Brexit at all costs 

2 - GE in a couple of months, the Tories will hoover up every pro-Brexit vote

3 - Pro-EU liberals will continue to vote for the SNP, Greens or Lib-Dems out of their hatred for the left

4 - Tories win a handy majority, lead us off the cliff edge into No Deal.

5 - Tories and Bourgeois liberals are materially safe from the consequences, while the poor suffer. 

• Subscriber

Shocking for Labour. Seems like the way forward for them is to commit to Remain or at least explicitly commit to a second referendum. I don't see how they can go fully Remain right now though and stay credible. They've stuck to sort of supporting Brexit for too long and the share of the vote going to the Brexit party here blocks any chance for them to say that the public want to vote for a Remain party.

• Administrator

Labour and Conservative taking a battering. 

Lib Dems and Brexit Party taking huge gains. The latter taking all, if not the majority, of the UKIP votes no doubt though. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Shocking for Labour. Seems like the way forward for them is to commit to Remain or at least explicitly commit to a second referendum. I don't see how they can go fully Remain right now though and stay credible. They've stuck to sort of supporting Brexit for too long and the share of the vote going to the Brexit party here blocks any chance for them to say that the public want to vote for a Remain party.

Corbyn gained his popularity from the youth, you can’t turn back on them by going Leave and expect the votes to follow

Labour needs to clarify its policy. Compromise and go for a soft exit, and then cancel if No Deal is imminent. 

Full remain is not a realistic strategy, and Remainers need to realise that Labour is the only party which is serious about preventing No Deal, which is now a very serious and imminent danger. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

It seems that Brexit Party is just going to replace UKIP seat-for-seat, and it's going to be spun as some massive bro-Brexit surge, as opposed to the status quo under a different brand. 

They will do 4-5% more than UKIP (who themselves will get 3-4% and beat ChUK) and they’ve been going 6 weeks and campaigning on “us against the establishment” quite remarkable really. If you add Tory & UKIP Brexit is over 50% 

7 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Labour needs to clarify its policy. Compromise and go for a soft exit, and then cancel if No Deal is imminent. 

Full remain is not a realistic strategy, and Remainers need to realise that Labour is the only party which is serious about preventing No Deal, which is now a very serious and imminent danger. 

I bet you’re stockpiling baked beans

• Subscriber

Imagine if there's actually a general election. I know the votes will go back to the middle compared to tonight but it's incredibly hard to see anyone winning a majority.

I never thought I'd see an election like this one where the "opposition" is Brexit vs Lib Dems/Greens, and Labour and Conservative of all people are the irrelevant middle ground parties.

• Subscriber

Also what a pointless waste of time Change UK have been. What are they actually trying to achieve? If Remainers really want to oppose Brexit and especially a No Deal outcome they really need to find some sort of spearhead to rally around.

Archived