talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Parliament Elections

football forum

8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unless you're Owen 'The Opportunist' Smith, who now thinks that Wales wants to remain simply because the Pro Remain parties had more votes combined than the Pro Brexit parties, completely disregarding that there are more Pro Remain parties than Pro Brexit. 

I hate that this cunt is my MP. 

And to prove my point. 

received_366221184011336.jpeg

Shitheads like this are the reason why there are such huge divides. They didn't listen when the result happened, they didn't listen during the last three years and they still won't listened now. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/05/2019 at 08:56, SirBalon said:

This is NOT a mini referendum at all. Nobody shoud fall for this and it is what it is... The EU Elections!

A referendum is and only is if and when it's called on the public to vot on. That will be a referendum.

Unfortunately, the Pro Remain politicians are already declaring that and will use it as 'evidence' to support a second referendum. 

On 23/05/2019 at 09:28, The Artful Dodger said:

Brexit Party will do very well and try to suggest it is a defining vote, whereas in fact I'd imagine the turnout will still be fairly low, if bigger than normal EU elections.

Probably a mixture of both (haven't read much from the Brexit Party), though the opposite at present seems to be happening. 

Of course you can't say it is a defining vote but surely nobody can say this vote was about anything much more than leave/remain? It's absurd for the Brexit party to say anything different. 

Ashcroft has released his findings thst 70% of the Labour vote would be remain. Labour did poorly but still had a high vote in its key cities Manchester and Liverpool, remain strongholds. I don't think this was the good night that brexiteers are saying it was, I thought they'd need the Brexit party to be touching 40% and they didn't get near that. I'm not saying there should be a second vote but things are pretty much as they were. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Unfortunately, the Pro Remain politicians are already declaring that and will use it as 'evidence' to support a second referendum. 

Probably a mixture of both (haven't read much from the Brexit Party), though the opposite at present seems to be happening. 

I said it would be used by either side and it is being used by both sides. Those that support Brexit are using it in their benefit due to the curious method the EU Elections work in first past the post and the pro Remain supporters are using it due to the fact that the 100% remain parties have gained a considerable margin of victory over the Brexit Party which is the only 100% leave "political" (notice the commas because they only have one policy which is weird for a political party) entity.

This WASN'T a referendum and each divided sector can take what they will out of it but each can equally rubbish the other.

The ONLY way to decide the people's sentiments on this right now after everything that's been learned (for those with that seemingly unique capability of absorbing information) is an actual referendum. Hopefully this time there won't be any law breaking like we AGAIN saw in these very European Elections with people being turned away at Polling Stations.

21 hours ago, Stan said:

Boo fucking hoo xD

As if he's the only politician to get grief at a personal expense. 

Carl Cunting Benjamin literally commenting about raping another MP (Jess Phillips). 

Have you seen the racial abuse Diane Abbott gets? I guess that's acceptable though because they're not in the same line of thinking as you. But Farage gets abuse so let's get the violins out.

Jo Cox got it pretty bad too

21 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah because that’s what I was saying there. Strawman right out the gate there Stan. 

And Carl Benjamin said he “wouldn’t rape her” she was saying “I get rape threats” and she’s said she’s been assaulted before and he said “I wouldn’t rape you”. Context is key though, he explains his stance here. I’m not quite sure how we’ve got to this point withSargon/ Carl Benjamin really he’s not what I would class as far right. 

Old media v new media though 

30 minute video of two cunts sitting in armchairs arguing like two cunts in front of an audience.

What a world we live in

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

30 minute video of two cunts sitting in armchairs arguing like two cunts in front of an audience.

What a world we live in

As far as I'm concerned in that video, there's only one cunt there. That Benjamin element of our species can twist it how he likes, we know what he meant.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

As far as I'm concerned in that video, there's only one cunt there. That Benjamin element of our species can twist it how he likes, we know what he meant.

They’re both a reflection of what’s wrong with society tbh. Ones an unrepentant troll, the other is too sensitive and giving the troll the reaction he wants. These people should be ignored, not put on a stage.

• Subscriber

Alastair Campbell expelled by Labour after voting for Lib Dems in protest at Brexit stance

Labour has expelled Alastair Campbell after he voted for the Liberal Democrats in the European elections to push for a fresh Brexit referendum.

Tony Blair’s former spin chief attacked the decision, contrasting the ruthless approach with “the way antisemitism cases have been handled”.

“I have been advised by lawyers with expertise in this field I have grounds for appeal against expulsion and shall do so,” Mr Campbell tweeted.

Last week, the lifelong Labour supporter revealed had turned his back on the party for the first time ever, voting instead for the Lib Dems because of their outright support for a Final Say referendum.

Labour then crashed to a disastrous third place in the EU elections, triggering fresh pressure on Jeremy Corbyn to abandon his fence-sitting on the crucial issue.

However, a party spokesman insisted: “Support for another political party or candidate is incompatible with party membership.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/alastair-campbell-expelled-by-labour-after-voting-for-lib-dems-in-protest-at-brexit-stance/ar-AAC1Nmi

• Administrator

Funny how they're happy to expel someone like that for voting for another party but you have people like Kate Hoey happy to buddy up with Farage, not to mention the anti-semitism rife in the party where members are only 'suspended' for that...

Campbell clearly broke the rules of the party and has rightfully been expelled. Kate Hoey may be an irritant but I don't know if she's done anything as brazen as Campbell.

As for the anti-Semitism stuff, all the claims are denied so they have go through the due process of investigation and then judgement. Campbell admitted, in effect promoted, the fact he had broken the rules and hence the expulsion of swift.

The Labour rules say anyone who supports another party is "automatically ineligible" to remain a member. So yeah since he admitted it, there's really no scope for anything to be done but expel him immediately. 

Voting is completely private so in practice if he wanted to vote for someone else, nobody in Labour can stop him, but admitting it on TV was his own choice. 

Other infractions generally take longer because some kind of a vote or an investigation needs to happen. People tend not to say explicitly admit that they've commited a violation for which the only punishment is instant expulsion.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The Labour rules say anyone who supports another party is "automatically ineligible" to remain a member. So yeah since he admitted it, there's really no scope for anything to be done but expel him immediately. 

Voting is completely private so in practice if he wanted to vote for someone else, nobody in Labour can stop him, but admitting it on TV was his own choice. 

Other infractions generally take longer because some kind of a vote or an investigation needs to happen. People tend not to say explicitly admit that they've commited a violation for which the only punishment is instant expulsion.

Fair enough then as that's the case. But with the Kate Hoey example, she's publicly shared platforms and events with Farage and campaigned with him I think? Yet she's allowed to stay in the party?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough then as that's the case. But with the Kate Hoey example, she's publicly shared platforms and events with Farage and campaigned with him I think? Yet she's allowed to stay in the party?

Hoey quite shamelessly exploits the ambuigity of cooperating with but not supporting UKIP/The Brexit Party, since cooperation with other parties isn't against the rules. 

So although she's a horrid psycho, she's just about managed to not break any rules. 

As for deselection, that's up to her own constituency Labour party, which somehow hasn't got round to it. She lost a confidence vote but nothings happened after that so far. Hopefully before the next election she'll be gone. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Hoey quite shamelessly exploits the ambuigity of cooperating with but not supporting UKIP/The Brexit Party, since cooperation with other parties isn't against the rules. 

So although she's a horrid psycho, she's just about managed to not break any rules. 

As for deselection, that's up to her own constituency Labour party, which somehow hasn't got round to it. She lost a confidence vote but nothings happened after that so far. Hopefully before the next election she'll be gone. 

One can hope!

I think the fact they’ve (Labour) have managed to elongate the process of their anti-semitic problem with individuals in the party by stating they have a very rigorous and long winded investigative system but yet expelled Campbell like this straight away shows what a rotten deceiving party they’ve become under the Comrade.

The ironic thing is that the left-wing of the party attempted to streamline the deselection process a while back, but this was fought tooth-and-nail because people saw it as preparation to kick out more vocal pro-Remain members. 

If they had managed to make those changes, Hoey would most likely be gone a year ago. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think the fact they’ve (Labour) have managed to elongate the process of their anti-semitic problem with individuals in the party by stating they have a very rigorous and long winded investigative system but yet expelled Campbell like this straight away shows what a rotten deceiving party they’ve become under the Comrade.

Rubbish. The reason these things drag on is because they are denied by the accused. If you go to court and admit your guilt it'll be over in 10 mins, if not it's a trial which can take forever. This is really simple stuff to understand. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think it makes absolute sense that more serious offenses be handled more slowly. The police can ticket you for speeding immediately, but a murder trial lasts for months.

People accuse Labour of being authoritarian, but in principle I think it's right that you should need to be as thorough as possible before you find someone guilty of racism or sexism. Voting for another party doesn't carry anything like the same moral stigma, and as I said, he admitted it word for word. 

51 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Kate Hoey did it in the EU referendum where mps were given a free reign to back whatever campaign they liked. Post referendum the Labour establishment have fucked her, despite approx 20-25% of Labour voters being brexiteers

Leave wasn't a party though, it was a cross-party campaign. The rules are specific about it being parties. 

These days her statements about Farage are much closer to the line, but she's still fell short of outright supporting the Brexit Party. Speaking highly of an individual isn't quite supporting a party. The issue is that the Brexit Party is so focused on Farage that supporting one is almost as good as supporting the other. 

And I don't think anyone advocates deselecting MPs for being pro-Brexit across the board, but I think that if most party members in her constituency are opposed to her on the most important policies, or feel she's bringing the party into disrepute, they should have the power to force her out. Skinner for example is hardly a Remainer, but he isn't thought about as negatively as Hoey is. 

In a more pro-Brexit seat, maybe she'd be able to stake a claim to proper support, as opposed to just sitting on an extremely safe Labour seat which is very pro-Remain, so will re-elect her no matter what they actually think of her. 

11 hours ago, Inverted said:

In a more pro-Brexit seat, maybe she'd be able to stake a claim to proper support, as opposed to just sitting on an extremely safe Labour seat which is very pro-Remain, so will re-elect her no matter what they actually think of her.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that although each constituency has its own very peculiar uniquenesses.  Part of the reason I’ve been away for quite some time on this forum is that I was campaigning against my MP in Islington North (we all know who he is) where Labour’s seat is historically secure. We done an amazing job in sending him the correct message and we know for a fact he was fuming and this set off a crisis meeting with his closest advisors. Corbyn would’ve lost his status as an MP had it been for real and he KNOWS this is how it will go for real in the surely not too distant future.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that although each constituency has its own very peculiar uniquenesses.  Part of the reason I’ve been away for quite some time on this forum is that I was campaigning against my MP in Islington North (we all know who he is) where Labour’s seat is historically secure. We done an amazing job in sending him the correct message and we know for a fact he was fuming and this set off a crisis meeting with his closest advisors. Corbyn would’ve lost his status as an MP had it been for real and he KNOWS this is how it will go for real in the surely not too distant future.

Who did you campaign for then?

Tbh, Islington has always struck me as middle class lefty place, I.E the type of people call themelves 'left wing' for the kudos but pretty comfortable with free market model which has concentrated the wealth around them.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Who did you campaign for then?

Tbh, Islington has always struck me as middle class lefty place, I.E the type of people call themelves 'left wing' for the kudos but pretty comfortable with free market model which has concentrated the wealth around them.

Yeah, the “liberal metropolitan elite” crap we hear everywhere outside Islington which isn’t true. We didn’t campaign for anyone although we advised to vote Lib Dems for those that were for remaining while those few we knew that wanted to leave we told them to vote for the Brexit Party or whoever gave them what they were looking for. What we don’t have much of here with Brexiters are looney stupid ones which don’t understand the info that’s emerged over the past three years. They do exist but are very few... You tend to get hardcore Tory voters that suffer from tribalism or just plain old xenophobes that don’t have the capacity for change. Finally you have amongst the older generation leavers that want a return to post-war London because they reckon that was great.

Our mission was to damage Corbyn as can be seen on my Twitter account which was just for this cause.

Archived