• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sylvinho to replace Bruno Genesio at Lyon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

After such a good start to the season (3-0 and 6-0 wins) under new boss Sylvinho, Lyon have now failed to win in seven games. Today's performance was probably their worst yet, as they lost at home against Nantes. The Brazilian coach's job is under threat already.

Juninho: "The president is very angry, he'll think tonight and make the necessary decision". 

Sylvinho is very isolated in the dressing room, neither the players nor the staff are speaking to him. The end is near.

• 2 weeks later...

My french is messing me up here. It seems like they are in the process of firing him, or have they actually fired him? 

Regardless, it's quick, but needed as Lyon should be top 2, maybe 3 in the league, and they have been getting a lot of 'ugh' this year. 

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

My french is messing me up here. It seems like they are in the process of firing him, or have they actually fired him? 

Regardless, it's quick, but needed as Lyon should be top 2, maybe 3 in the league, and they have been getting a lot of 'ugh' this year. 

I think it's like when we say in English that someone's been put on gardening leave. A suspension from his duties until things are officially confirmed.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I think it's like when we say in English that someone's been put on gardening leave. A suspension from his duties until things are officially confirmed.

Basically he's been formally dismissed but they've not yet agreed compensation for breaking contract.

What I find must interesting is that Juninho pulled the pin here, not Aulas. 

27 minutes ago, Batard said:

Basically he's been formally dismissed but they've not yet agreed compensation for breaking contract.

What I find must interesting is that Juninho pulled the pin here, not Aulas. 

29 minutes ago, Eco said:

Mind translating? 

Juninho didn't understand why Thiago Mendes, who was ill, started the game, and even stayed on for the 2nd half despite vomiting in the toilets at half time. He stayed in the dressing room alone as the 2nd half started, prostrate, thinking. He disappeared again after the goal, stunned.

Clearly the two brazilians didn't see eye to eye, and this match was the final straw.

Archived