talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2018/19 Relegation Playoff

football forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was unexpected. Granted I know little about Union Berlin, but getting buy a team full of World Cup winners, Bundesliga Champions and Super Mario, is quite something.  Their record this season suggests defence is their strong suit, so maybe they pull a Huddersfield and stay up for a year or two?  Anyhow, good for them, Berlin really should have more football clubs in the top tier.

3 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I have mixed feelings about it, to be honest.

Normally I would be happy about Ingolstadt going down but for us it's not good news at all.

Why is it not good news? 

I thought Ingolstadt was hated? 

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Why is it not good news? 

I thought Ingolstadt was hated? 

For Duisburg it's bad news because Ingolstadt is another team with much more money than us. Certainly favourites to win the league.

Unfortunately, we're almost forced to go straight back up.

1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

For Duisburg it's bad news because Ingolstadt is another team with much more money than us. Certainly favourites to win the league.

Unfortunately, we're almost forced to go straight back up.

Are they still that packed money-wise? I thought VW had reduced their financial support drastically after that Dieselgate disaster?

19 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Are they still that packed money-wise? I thought VW had reduced their financial support drastically after that Dieselgate disaster?

Their transfers and their squad suggest that they still have lots of money. I'm no expert on Ingolstadt though.

Archived