talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rate Everyone’s Premier League Season

Thread to rate everyone’s performance in the Premier League during the 2018/19 season. 

——————

Good - Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Watford. 

Bad - Manchester United, Burnley, Southampton, Brighton & Hove Albion, Huddersfield Town, Fulham. 

Indifferent - Everyone else. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Thread to rate everyone’s performance in the Premier League during the 2018/19 season. 

——————

Good - Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Wolves, Watford. 

Bad - Manchester United, Burnley, Southampton, Brighton & Hove Albion, Huddersfield Town, Fulham. 

Indifferent - Everyone else. 

Doesn't Cardiff getting relegated count at bad?

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Arsenal, good xD?

Well we've improved. For a first season under Emery I thought it was good.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Doesn't Cardiff getting relegated count at bad?

For me, no. They were expected to get relegated, they were probably expected to be in the position Fulham ended up in and cut adrift, they weren’t. They give it a go and I don’t think their season falls into the category of “bad” IMO

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Outside looking in, nothing has changed. Could copy/paste Wenger into your season and you wouldn't know the difference.

7 or so more points or so than last season. A Europa League final which we wouldn't have got in last year I don't think.  Most arsenal fans know we have improved

• Subscriber

Arsenal - Meh. 6/10 but I'll up this if they win the Europa League to 8.

Bournemouth - 5/10. Very little progress for me. Still the side most prone to getting tonked.

Brighton & Hove Albion - 3/10. Survived because a team with a Championship budget wasn't quite good enough. They were absolutely abysmal in the second half of the season and I think the change in manager is justified, even if it is ruthless.

Burnley - 3.5/10. Did a single new signing make an impact? Out of Europe before September. All of a bit crap really.

Cardiff City - 5/10. Ridiculous in a way to rank them as high as this given they went down but I don't think they'd have been slated if they had come rock bottom.

Chelsea - 7/10. This is a weird one because they've had such a negative vibe about them all season, but have come 3rd and could still win the Europa League.

Crystal Palace - 5/10. Underwhelming to be honest, I had them as a dark horse for 7th but they spent all season in the bottom half. Still beat us twice again of course.

Everton - 6/10. Not really got much to say on them. Finished well but the middle point of their season looked hideous again.

Fulham - 1/10. Absolutely horrific and would be a 0 if they hadn't put together a little run of wins at the end - granted they were meaningless. I cannot name a single good thing about them, total car crash from start to finish.

Huddersfield Town - 1/10. I get they were expected to go down but they were pathetic in all honesty. 16 points is embarrassing.

Leicester City - 6/10. I think we padded along without doing anything for far too long but it's hard to go in too hard after what happened to us - I also think we've laid some good foundations for next year but ultimately it wasn't a year where anything was achieved.

Liverpool - 9.5/10. Could still win the Champions League and posted an incredible points total. Frankly the best side to not win the league I can remember.

Manchester City - 10/10. Just that bit too good. A domestic treble as well is just superb.

Manchester United - 2/10. Started awfully, mid-season they were excellent, ended even worse than they started. They're in a lot of trouble I think with a manager out of his depth and a squad with so many flaws. I don't think they'll even make Europe in 2020 if they repeat that, and they could well do.

Newcastle United - 5/10. They survived but that this is being talked about is the problem in a nutshell with this club, one that should be pushing for the Europa League. They've failed to tie Rafa down to a new deal and it's likely they lose him. I think they're a good bet to drop next year.

Southampton - 4/10. A poor season and they really do seem to have regressed as a club in recent years. Big questions to be asked of the owners as they, like Swansea seem to have abandoned everything that was good about them. Hasenhuttl is a decent coach but there's a lot of work to do there.

Tottenham Hotspur - 8/10. This could rise to possibly even 10/10 if they win the Champions League as that's frankly one of the best achievements in football of recent years for me - given they haven't signed a player in 18 months it's quite something. The weird thing with Tottenham though is I don't actually think they're anywhere near their best under Pochettino and looked better two years ago, they stumbled over the top 4 line in the league and even the Champions League they seem to cling on time and time again, but then again whenever I look at their finances, they really do over-achieve as a club - their budget is nearer to Everton than it is the rest of the top six.

Watford - 6/10. Could be being really harsh here but this has dropped from probably an 8/10 in the last month - another crap finish sees them drop into the bottom half and the cup final was frankly a humiliation. They were doing so well but it all went a bit flat.

West Ham - 5/10. West Ham are going to be inconsistent as a team under this ownership for as long as it goes on. That I can guarantee. Excellent on their day, horrific off it. Mediocre. 

Wolves - 8/10. 7th in your first year up is an excellent achievement and one of the best newly promoted sides in the Premier League era. An FA Cup run that saw them beat Liverpool and Manchester United, frequently taking points off the top sides in the league. They're a top 6 contender next year if they play it right this summer.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Bad - Manchester United

That 9_9 I would say 2/10, the two is for Ole when he started off well and then the players thought "Fuck you, Ole, I wish this season would hurry up and finish so I can go holiday with all my dosh". 

Arsenal - 5.5/10. Could've and should've finished top 4, probably 3rd. 2 wins in the last 7, against teams that were midtable and lower, was a disaster and ruined what could've been a good season in the league.

On 24 May 2019 at 02:03, Dan said:

Liverpool - 9.5/10. Could still win the Champions League and posted an incredible points total. Frankly the best side to not win the league I can remember.

Manchester City - 10/10. Just that bit too good. A domestic treble as well is just superb.

You make this comment in Spain (in a large proportion of the country, not all) and they'll think you're bonkers... I agree with you completely though for what it's worth.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

You make this comment in Spain (in a large proportion of the country, not all) and they'll think you're bonkers... I agree with you completely though for what it's worth.

Would Real Madrid get absolutely slated if they got 97 points and came 2nd?

I'd imagine your answer will be yes but I think that's a bit daft really, and also think for as much as people dislike Liverpool it's very hard to call them bottlers when they've picked up a points haul that more often than not would see them champions by a distance.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Would Real Madrid get absolutely slated if they got 97 points and came 2nd?

I'd imagine your answer will be yes but I think that's a bit daft really, and also think for as much as people dislike Liverpool it's very hard to call them bottlers when they've picked up a points haul that more often than not would see them champions by a distance.

Trust me mate, I don't think Liverpool are bottlers at all because their domestic season where the league is concerned is more than brilliant and when that happens and you don't win the championship, you can't criticise anything. Them hypothetically winning the Champions League for argument's sake is where the question is. For me Manchester City's achievement is on a larger scale of football glory which is why I've opened a new thread in the General Football subforum to start this debate off your comments which I quoted.

Archived