talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Save I've Got Going On...

football forum

My progress...

Failed to win the league this year but it's fine because I still qualified for a continental competition and I was focusing mostly on Confed Cup anyways. With the money won I think 2nd is OK for me.

9c5efabd415e0af0052b470d72211dd0.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last few years have been a bit irrelevant as we haven't progressed much aside from 1 more upgrade in our training facilities. The youth intakes have been underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I've gotten a couple of good players but mostly in the same position - CB. This is my top bloke at the moment.

b4e5b4c6335191556a1ce9af4487d545.png

Been a little while since I've done a proper update.

We are now in 2040. Unfortunately we haven't advanced much in Africa. I haven't made the group stages since and we usually bow out first round. I am beginning to get the formula down, and every time we play a big continental side like Raja or Al Ahly, we get at least 300,000 in the banks due to gate receipts. 

So there are some positives. Right now we have an overall balance of 150,000. Around there anyhow, it could be better. Perhaps it wasn't such a great idea to upgrade my training facilities so soon xD

3b9840de11e504cebb888b15493e3402.png

We may have pissed the last 5 league titles but are yet to go unbeaten. Right now I'm using a tactic recommended by my friend and this may finally be the year we don't lose a game. 20 unbeaten at the moment (carried over from last season).

Lets introduce the squad a bit.

Edward Makepe

This is probably our top bloke. Most of Lesothoan footballers are barely Evo Stik Prem quality, but this guy here is as good potentially as lower league 2 I reckon. He's got a lot about him. Yes, a bit limited as a player but he's a defender and that is that. The best part is he's too good for Lesothoan clubs to try and snag him on a free, but not good enough for other clubs. So I basically have him without worries he'll leave.

0f88ae3f904fc61d7a7e0596efe5912f.jpg

Andile Phomane

Great right back for our league as he's one of the few that can defend and attack. Very good automatic full back, but I have him on support. Also telling him to get forward a lot. He started developing slowly, but he's getting there now as the screenshot shows.

797eb8b9f2ad9f83f8923214d1541ef7.jpg

Richard Ramoabi

Incredible keeper for our league. Way too good. Another potential league 2/vanarama conference player I reckon. Very good in the air and has good enough one on ones reflexes. With the latter though, it used to be at 11. So he's dropped off a bit, but still way too good for Lesotho. Similar to Makepe, he's not good enough for other clubs so I have no problems in keeping him.

16b8f5a2516fb36753befd227b21c8a7.jpg

Yamba Matete

The last player I'm going to show for now is Yamba Matete. He's perhaps the most limited of the 4 I've shown, but the one that most consistently produces game winning performances. He's a club icon for the very reason. His free kick taking also really helps. To give you an idea, he has 145 goals, 73 assists and 56 PoM's in 255 appearances. So he's been superb for me.

a853e9210ad120bc0661cad7293f0c68.jpg

I almost forgot to mention. Something incredible happened on my save, almost revolutionary.

Lesotho qualified for the African Cup of Nations in 2041! I wasn't managing them, Ludwe Bereng was their manager and led them through to the finals tournament after coming second in a group with DR Congo, Malawi and Sierra Leone. Not bad.

They had about 7 or 8 of my players.

28e14b15e0a48e8b58c387f558b881fc.png

The tournament went as expected for them, but this was a very proud and historic moment for the Lesotho National Team.

f74b73e25579847666e04878c71d603a.png

So an update, I'll try to go more in detail later, but yesterday was an incredible day for me on FM. I got knocked out of the CL again by Kaizer Chiefs, but got dropped down to Confed Cup. Won my playoff match and managed to go as far as semi finals in the African version of the Europa League. Keep in mind I'm still semi-pro and I'm only using players from my academy, so it could be my best ever FM achievement.

We eventually lost in the semis to Asante Kotoko of Ghana, but it was an unreal run.

@Stan @Cannabis @RandoEFC @Dan @...Dan @Smiley Culture

First round, I beat ES Tunis. I thought I was fucked when I got the draw, but we handled the 2 legs superbly. Comfortable 2-0 win at home, and scored the necessary goals to ease the nerves in the second leg. Couldn't win it, but you can't ask for it all. We progress 4-2 on aggregate. Phuti Lekhoa, our top guy was incredible over the 2 legs, as was our right back Andile Phomane.

7dfe94eedc02850aa30ad1dbb52fdf30.png

Second preliminary round we drew Kaizer Chiefs. It went as expected, South African teams at this point of the save are the best there are, and have dominated the last few years. We lost 6-0 at home but the stats were a lot closer than the score suggests. We lost due to inferior quality, that simple. Second leg was better but I just simmed that game to be honest.

917833f61b9e7a46d8c97e23a3290865.png

We dropped to Confed Cup, and we drew Civics of Namibia. I thought we were in dreamland, cos they are not a great team. We have more rep stars than them and they simply aren't as talented as we are. However, despite that, we lost the home game 1-0. They had 2 shots all game and scored in the 86th. Definition of "getting FM'd". However, I was expecting to turn it around and we did it in a stylish way. We won 7-0, and they got a red card to only pile on their misery.

638d7ce7f936a4f8785ce5abf92e77ba.png

Well, Confed Cup groups it was, and we got a doozy. TP Mazembe of DR Congo, Sfax of Tunisia and Black Leopards of South Africa. Possibly the toughest group we could have gotten. We finished 2nd. We won on the last day to Sfax and managed to get through. I don't have a screenshot of the group anymore unfortunately, but we were tied on points with Black Leopards in first. A 4-0 drubbing of them against us in South Africa killed our GD to be able to match them, but we got most of it back in a crazy 6-0 win over TP Mazembe. Not to mention, we also drew 2-2 in Congo with 10 men for most of the game, so it was an incredible effort.

781c7ac637256d7faf5ff1053dbbcdc9.png

In the next round, we got Djekanou of Ivory Coast. My only knowledge of this team is that they had a wonderkid LB a few years ago that I liked to sign. Otherwise I didn't know much, but I reckoned we had a chance. And that we did. We won 1-0 at home, and drew 1-1 away to seal our spot in the semi's. At this point, it was all a dream as I honestly believed we could go onto win the whole thing. Our next obstacle was Asante Kotoko of Ghana.

919544ed7770db0ebd6b0b721fa7872d.png

We had beaten a Ghanaian team before, Berekum Chelsea. So I was quite confident. Sadly, these turned out to be a lot better than I gave them credit for. They were very good on the dribble, very quick on the counter and we couldn't defend against them. 2 bad performances from us nevertheless, but I can't fault the effort these lads have put in. Semi-final with only academy Lesothoans is a real achievement.

f6bff45f661ad27da46ebe722abe1573.png

They went onto win the whole thing, so I guess we can't feel too hard done. They won the final vs 1 de Agosto of Angola.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

How on earth did you beat TP Mazembe 6-0?

Haha, even I wasn't expecting it. Helped me on the GD department hugely!

We sold our first Basotho player!

Al Fahya of Saudi Arabia have come in for him.

22d7024d8a82abbd59c38effa3745205.png

You can see why they've gone in for him.

93dab4af74003c14a220e4fe470aff9b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Have you done any editor stuff or have you done that entirely off your own back just upgrading youth facilities and stuff?

Either way, respect for managing to keep up with a single save for that long and sticking to your target. Even I've never kept with one save for 50 years.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Have you done any editor stuff or have you done that entirely off your own back just upgrading youth facilities and stuff?

Either way, respect for managing to keep up with a single save for that long and sticking to your target. Even I've never kept with one save for 50 years.

I have not. All that was done with editor was making Lesotho a playable league (I downloaded it though so I didn't touch the editor.)

I have never upgraded my youth facilities because they are just for U20 development. I upgraded my training 3 levels though because I stick my intakes straight into the first team.

As for how I optimized my intakes, I maxed out youth recruitment and junior coaching. The only players I've bought on the save were the ones who spawned at my club and went elsewhere. Those were the only ones I was allowed to sign.

52 minutes ago, Dan said:

That is outrageous xD hope you win it but given it's Kaizer Chiefs, in all honesty, I predict a riot.

Probably will lose, but just being here is a great achievement!

• Subscriber

You've inspired me to start a similar challenge in Lithuania (chosen at random as always with me). This will probably be the last you hear of it xD but if it goes anywhere I will start my own thread. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

You've inspired me to start a similar challenge in Lithuania (chosen at random as always with me). This will probably be the last you hear of it xD but if it goes anywhere I will start my own thread. 

Good luck! It's a tough challenge that takes a bit of luck (I'm so far ahead because I've had dross luck with intakes and CL draws) but it feels so good if you do well.

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Dan said:

That is outrageous xD hope you win it but given it's Kaizer Chiefs, in all honesty, I predict a riot.

This is the modern way.

I'm still on my Lyon save and I'm in 2077.

So update

I ended up losing the final (surprise surprise) but I'll happily take 2nd. I stand by this is my best ever achievement in FM to take them that far with youth only. I beat Hearts of Oak, Al Ahly, AS Douanes and ES Tunis to get that far. As Dan predicted though, I got destroyed. 6-1 on aggregate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived