talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Thought that's China?

Is it, that would make sense, as they’ve got fucking soldiers everywhere in China. Most expensive then, because that’s the US by a mile.

And tbh I’m not so worried about conventional boots on the ground warfare. I’m worried about bombs, missiles and drone attacks on Tehran - Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen are all examples of how US military “surgical” strikes aren’t all that surgical but are really good at killing a lot of people.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it, that would make sense, as they’ve got fucking soldiers everywhere in China. Most expensive then, because that’s the US by a mile.

And tbh I’m not so worried about conventional boots on the ground warfare. I’m worried about bombs, missiles and drone attacks on Tehran - Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen are all examples of how US military “surgical” strikes aren’t all that surgical but are really good at killing a lot of people.

Yeah I know what you meant. Was just wondering!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah I know what you meant. Was just wondering!

You’re probably right in terms of numbers. But I do wonder how many of China’s military are combat ready and how many of them are just a glorified police force.

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

Don't be so quick to praise mate. He would have been torn apart if he'd bombed Iran for shooting down a UAV.

This could be phase 1 of gaining public acceptance.

Lol, Yeah nothing says he will not attack later.

I've read Trump sent a message to Iran via Oman. He says an attack is imminent but he is against war and wants to talk quickly

In case of a nuclear/world war follow these precautionary measures 

i. Move out of big cities and metropolitan areas and find a nice farmhouse in a remote country side area

ii. Stockpile plenty of food and water, use plastic containers instead of glass ones

iii. have an underground hideout to avoid the impact of a nuclear explosion 

iv. If old people and children can't catch up leave them behind 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’re probably right in terms of numbers. But I do wonder how many of China’s military are combat ready and how many of them are just a glorified police force.

This got me interested so I did some quick online research...

Active military personnel ("ready-to-fight"combat elements):

US: 1 281 900 (3rd globally)
China: 2 183 000  (1st)

Total aircraft strength:

US: 13398 (1st)
China: 3187 (3rd)

Combat tanks:

US: 6287 (3rd)
China: 13050 (2nd)

Total naval strength:

US: 415 (3rd)
China: 714 (2nd)

Defense budget:

US: $716 000 000 000 (1st)
China:  $224 000 000 000 (2nd)

1 minute ago, nudge said:

This got me interested so I did some quick online research...

Active military personnel ("ready-to-fight"combat elements):

US: 1 281 900 (3rd globally)
China: 2 183 000  (1st)

Total aircraft strength:

US: 13398 (1st)
China: 3187 (3rd)

Combat tanks:

US: 6287 (3rd)
China: 13050 (2nd)

Total naval strength:

US: 415 (3rd)
China: 714 (2nd)

Defense budget:

US: $716 000 000 000 (1st)
China:  $224 000 000 000 (2nd)

US is easily the greatest naval force and a war with China will mostly involve naval/aerial combats over the South China Sea

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stick With Azeem said:

US is easily the greatest naval force and a war with China will mostly involve naval/aerial combats over the South China Sea

Aircraft yes. Naval force - apparently not.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

We were talking the largest not the strongest though...

https://www.globalfirepower.com/navy-ships.asp

In sheer numbers, Chinese navy is ahead of the US (and behind North Korea). 

6 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Last night could have been the eve of another great war ! 

It's amazing we live in a world where people only take a thing seriously only if they are told to - by the media 

Why are you so convinced a war with Iran would escalate to such an extent?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Why are you so convinced a war with Iran would escalate to such an extent?

Cause Iran has a lots of influence over rest of Middle East ever since the revolution. The Hezbollah chief has already said if US attacks Iran they will attack Israe and lots of ground realities.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

In sheer numbers, Chinese navy is ahead of the US (and behind North Korea). 

In reality maybe China in numbers but not advanced like the USA (Technology) but...the way that idiot Trump is going cutting the American defence budget to build a bloody wall and whatever else America will drop down the pecking order with China & Russia going above them in Naval Technology and even ahead in land forces (Army) Technology, it does send a little shiver down my spine.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly it’s fucking terrifying having this moron in charge of the world’s largest military, with no secretary of defense, and twats like Bolton and Pompeo whispering into his ear that the US needs to bomb my gran.

Apparently the man who’s been counseling Trump to not go to war is Tucker Carlson. What an absolutely fucked timeline

Trump alleges he had an operation underway to strike multiple sites when he asked and was told that 150 people would die. 

Am I the only one staggered that:

A) anyone in the American military would have put forward a mission that would kill 150 across 5 sites over a drone, and

B) that Trump had already approved the operation and it had gotten underway before he asked the number of causalities?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly it’s fucking terrifying having this moron in charge of the world’s largest military, with no secretary of defense, and twats like Bolton and Pompeo whispering into his ear that the US needs to bomb my gran.

Apparently the man who’s been counseling Trump to not go to war is Tucker Carlson. What an absolutely fucked timeline

Trump alleges he had an operation underway to strike multiple sites when he asked and was told that 150 people would die. 

Am I the only one staggered that:

A) anyone in the American military would have put forward a mission that would kill 150 across 5 sites over a drone, and

B) that Trump had already approved the operation and it had gotten underway before he asked the number of causalities?

6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

In reality maybe China in numbers but not advanced like the USA (Technology) but...the way that idiot Trump is going cutting the American defence budget to build a bloody wall and whatever else America will drop down the pecking order with China & Russia going above them in Naval Technology and even ahead in land forces (Army) Technology, it does send a little shiver down my spine.  

He's got small Dick syndrome and is an aspiring dictator. He'd never allow them to slip in the military.

I remember reading he already wanted to get more nukes made when he heard Russia had a greater remaining nuclear Arsenal.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

He's got small Dick syndrome and is an aspiring dictator. He'd never allow them to slip in the military.

He is still a Dick but I think there are others behind the scenes in the Whitehouse that would make sure he did not slip up defence wise if he had his way the lunatic would cut more defence spending and build a bloody wall all around America, imagine having the Great Wall of China and the Great Wall of America. xD

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Why though? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Why though? 

Old age I guess, I was in a missile regiment in my army days and I know how lethal they can be if put in the wrong hands of a lunatic with a lot of dosh, namely Trump, Putin & Xi Jinping to name a few.

• The title was changed to The Big Middle Eastern Thread