talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How terrifying. What happened? 

It's not clear yet what caused the explosion. But the media outlets are suspecting it could be a terrorist attack from one of the various factions in Lebanon. 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

It's not clear yet what caused the explosion. But the media outlets are suspecting it could be a terrorist attack from one of the various factions in Lebanon. 

Where do you see that? 

The Lebanese security chief just said that the explosion was from 'seized materials', but NOT explosives. 

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Some Arabic news channels are saying it wasn't fireworks but explosive materials (not explosives) so when they caught fire it exploded the way it did. 

Yeah - I just watched that on Al Jazeera

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would rule out fireworks looking at that explosion... has to be ammo and explosives surely?? 

To me it looks like fireworks (or ammo) that’s burning/exploding over a shitload of explosives.

I’m no expert, but I’ve seen a shitload of fireworks explode all at once on accident. And it looked fuck all like that massive explosion.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

To me it looks like fireworks (or ammo) that’s burning/exploding over a shitload of explosives.

I’m no expert, but I’ve seen a shitload of fireworks explode all at once on accident. And it looked fuck all like that massive explosion.

From what I'm reading, they are saying the fireworks caused the explosive material to light, which was the cause of the giant explosion. 

Regardless, this is terrifying. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

From what I'm reading, they are saying the fireworks caused the explosive material to light, which was the cause of the giant explosion. 

Regardless, this is terrifying. 

Seems stupid to store fireworks with something that explosive...

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

No doubt. And who knows what exactly they mean by 'explosive', but these live feeds are unreal, as fires are still burning in Beirut. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Agreed, let alone so close to a built up populated area... fucking crazy, watching @Michaels video of it laying waste to everything around it.. like  mini nuke going off, worse thing is even if the fire started and they spotted it straight away they would have had no chance of getting out of the blasts way, no chance at all... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

2020 would've been incomplete without a Middle Eastern entry

on a serious note even though this level of incompetence in these matters is not new in that part of the world, this is something more, lots of explosions happening in Iran recently too

5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

2020 would've been incomplete without a Middle Eastern entry

on a serious note even though this level of incompetence in these matters is not new in that part of the world, this is something more, lots of explosions happening in Iran recently too

It is suspected that Israel could be behind the bombings in Iran.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Agreed, let alone so close to a built up populated area... fucking crazy, watching @Michaels video of it laying waste to everything around it.. like  mini nuke going off, worse thing is even if the fire started and they spotted it straight away they would have had no chance of getting out of the blasts way, no chance at all... 

There are more than 50 dead due to the explosion in Lebanon and 2,750 wounded, very sad.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/04/beirut-explosion-huge-blast-port-lebanon-capital

1 minute ago, Michael said:

There are more than 50 dead due to the explosion in Lebanon and 2,750 wounded, very sad.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/aug/04/beirut-explosion-huge-blast-port-lebanon-capital

It's bound to be even more as they sift through the carnage sadly... just unreal what's happened, never seen an explosion like it

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's bound to be even more as they sift through the carnage sadly... just unreal what's happened, never seen an explosion like it

Yes, sadly they will find more dead as they continue their search. These are bad times in Lebanon right now, nothing seems to have gone right for the Lebanese people in 2020.