talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Big Middle Eastern Thread

football forum

According to Philip Giraldi ex CIA officer people very close to Israel were in the rush to start a war with Iraq and they are the ones who gave the phony intelligence that Iraq had WMD he than on said that if there is a war with Iran in future than it won't be because Tehran threatens US but rather Israel wants it.

Saudis are too incompetent to carry it out themselves. I would put my money on Israel.

4 minutes ago, José said:

Are they heiling hitler at the end there? That was weird.

Well, I hope Tehran doesn’t get bombed because I don’t want my grandma or my uncle on my mum’s side to die. Also all the people living there that are just trying to live their lives, I hope they don’t get bombed either.

Idk if the video proves much, but if it is accurate then how fucking stupid is the IRI. Here’s a horrific regime that has the chance to appeal to the rest of the world’s sympathies to its benefit... and they go and make themselves a target for “USA freedom.”

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are they heiling hitler at the end there? That was weird.

Well, I hope Tehran doesn’t get bombed because I don’t want my grandma or my uncle on my mum’s side to die. Also all the people living there that are just trying to live their lives, I hope they don’t get bombed either.

Idk if the video proves much, but if it is accurate then how fucking stupid is the IRI. Here’s a horrific regime that has the chance to appeal to the rest of the world’s sympathies to its benefit... and they go and make themselves a target for “USA freedom.”

The challenge any country has is to ensure it functions in a manner consistent with its strategic intent.

Military types can be unpredictable and there is always some possibility some in key operational roles may overstep their bounds.

Hopefully people don't get drawn in to believing US rhetoric like when Irak occurred and so many others beforehand. When are people going to see that this is an eternal reoccurring situations for decades and decades in the Middle East.

Vilifying the Iranian regime when we have much worse in the region with Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the Isreali government in power is where you should keep you thougts locked in when you are watching or reading the news,

What's going to be interesting from a personal perspective is how England acts in the present desperation to catch every drop of shit that falls from America's bottom... How much should we please them?

• Upvote 1

I'm in the weird position where I actually do believe that some faction in Iran (not necessarily the leading one) is behind this, but I would be happy to see the world tell America to fuck off, even if they were finally telling the truth. 

3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I'm in the weird position where I actually do believe that some faction in Iran (not necessarily the leading one) is behind this, but I would be happy to see the world tell America to fuck off, even if they were finally telling the truth. 

If it's any Iranian faction, it'd be the Paris/Canada based MEK. They're as much of a bunch of twats as the current Iranian government... maybe moreso tbh, despite their popularity amongst NeoCon war mongers in the West (which is a bit funny considering their very anti-Western roots at their formation).

37 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The UK has absolutely no need to involve itself in this, just stay out of it.

Of course not.

But we need a deal, "a great deal" (Trump) and we want those wonderful chlorinated chickens they eat out there. We will do as ordered or as we deem fit to make sure they notice us helping them break laws and ethics.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hard to see a way any meaningful military action could be sold to the american people who are quite passionately against another foreign conflict by last reports I'd read. Especially one that was instigated largely by America.

• Upvote 2

Corbyn said we should wait for credible evidence and do more to ease tensions in the middle east. Tories have obviously lost their heads over it.

You can bet your backside that if the US start a war with Iran that the Tories will 100% be behind that.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Corbyn said we should wait for credible evidence and do more to ease tensions in the middle east. Tories have obviously lost their heads over it.

You can bet your backside that if the US start a war with Iran that the Tories will 100% be behind that.

So like Labour with Iraq then? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That was shit and destroyed Labour Blair... But that's the past and the now is now. We're talking about now and right now the Tories are the Government of the UK and we are just about to have an unelected Prime Minister decide what's best for its citizens.

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Yes. It's also not a surprise that Blair is quite anti-Corbyn as well. The government were walked like dogs into a bullshit war back then that managed to create even more problems (turns out people don't react too positively to seeing their homes bombed or their friends and family killed) and they'll most likely do it again if a war with Iran broke out.

The issue with following the Americans into war is more of an issue with the British government in general bending over rather than a party specific issue. The Tories are in charge right now though so they should get the flack for fanning the flames trying to create support for the American agenda just like Blair still gets the flack, rightly so, for the Iraq war.

Edited by 6666

On 15/06/2019 at 12:26, 6666 said:

I think whichever party is in charge, if the US starts another stupid war in the Middle East the UK will follow - unfortunately.

• The title was changed to The Big Middle Eastern Thread