The better place to talk football.

Bumbling Boris Johnson New Prime Minister

football forum

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

But to you criticism of it is islamophobic

Constructive and thoughtful criticism is good and necessary. Taking the piss isn’t a criticism, it’s always been, is and always will be taking the piss.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The first point just seems like you letting off steam because the part in bold is what I'm getting at. I admit that my knowledge of politics in general is poor, but I just hate sheer hypocrisy from all sides. 

Unfortunately from where I am, I see it too often from the Welsh Labour Government as some of the things they have done (such as not sacking a chief executive from a health board despite a reported toxic culture 'from board to ward' and even an attempted cover up of a Labour AM's suicide) would be ripped apart if it was the Tories doing it. 

I'm assuming he's getting at the fact Corbyn opposed Blair/Brown governments on countless occasions so bringing something up that one of those two did to use it as a stick to beat Corbyn with doesn't really work

In the 1930's a little guy with a moustache conned and lied his way into power and took the world into chaos.  Similar lying by our new PM might work for him, but today his new appointments - particularly the ones 'dismissed' will guarantee that his reign will be the shortest in history.  Getting the wrong side of Liam Fox is like sticking a pin in Goering and with Jeremy Hunt being sidelined, the sense of his decisions are totally impossible to understand. That and Gove back in charge just adds more ammunition to those already plotting his downfall.  Sadly I will be away during August and will have watch the developments whilst in the land of his 'friend' Donald. The idea of that partnership is the most frightening since Mussolini joined up with the little Austrian! The Ayatollahs will be pooing themselves with laughter at the moment!

21 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

In the 1930's a little guy with a moustache conned and lied his way into power and took the world into chaos.  Similar lying by our new PM might work for him, but today his new appointments - particularly the ones 'dismissed' will guarantee that his reign will be the shortest in history.  Getting the wrong side of Liam Fox is like sticking a pin in Goering and with Jeremy Hunt being sidelined, the sense of his decisions are totally impossible to understand. That and Gove back in charge just adds more ammunition to those already plotting his downfall.  Sadly I will be away during August and will have watch the developments whilst in the land of his 'friend' Donald. The idea of that partnership is the most frightening since Mussolini joined up with the little Austrian! The Ayatollahs will be pooing themselves with laughter at the moment!

Some may take your post lightly. I don’t, I don’t at all. These days you’d need double or maybe triple to coax fools into believing in a “quest for...” (something) and right now we have two... Mr Orange in the US and his “Mini Me” in the uK.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Constructive and thoughtful criticism is good and necessary. Taking the piss isn’t a criticism, it’s always been, is and always will be taking the piss.

And nothing destroys an argument like taking the piss? Derision is a powerful tool.  The burka should be mocked it’s ridiculous. 

Anyway im sure we’re going to get extremely xenophobic with his cabinet picks, so far

The daughter of Indian-Ugandan Hindus.

The son of Pakistani Muslims.

The son of a Jewish Czech refugee.

A Indian born naturalised Brit. 

Meanwhile Labour are the supposed progressives and are yet to have a female leader and have segregated meetings to appease backward ethnic communities. 🤣 

Lammy brings the quotas up being from “the street’s” of Harvard where he was educated. 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

And nothing destroys an argument like taking the piss? Derision is a powerful tool.  The burka should be mocked it’s ridiculous. 

Anyway im sure we’re going to get extremely xenophobic with his cabinet picks, so far

Meanwhile Labour are the supposed progressives and are yet to have a female leader and have segregated meetings to appease backward ethnic communities. 🤣 

Lammy brings the quotas up being from “the street’s” of Harvard where he was educated. 

I'd rather have people in positions based on their policies rather than in positions just to give off the appearance of diversity while being disaster bastards appealing to moronic, right winged bellends.

26 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'd rather have people in positions based on their policies rather than in positions just to give off the appearance of diversity while being disaster bastards appealing to moronic, right winged bellends.

That’s exactly why they’re more diverse than Labour because it’s ability, Javid, Raab were in that leadership race for a reason. Patel vs Diane Abbott will be hilarious. 

I don’t know enough about Sharma tbh. 

Ben Wallace in defence is interesting, a serviceman that served in NI taking over from a navy reservist that displayed a pair of tits on splash in Mordaunt. It’s almost like logic has been applied

9 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’m not defending Labour at all and if you think that by attacking that rabble you’re going to inflict some sort of point, then you’re barking up the wrong tree.

I am not ideologically driven in absolutely any way whatsoever. I am totally free to think and digest all the political information available and think with crystal clarity due to the fact I’m not sick.

Those names you have quoted mean nothing for two reason... One, those people can also be xenophobic and or racist no matter where they descend from. Two, Boris wrote it, they didn’t! Boris compared women that wear the burkha as looking like bank robbers or letterboxes. There’s nothing constructive in that outburst. It’s to rake the piss and coming from a potential Prime Minister it’s embarrassing, wrong and personally disassociates me from anything to do with such a person that stands in a public office representing me around the world. 

It's over now. Can anyone really say this isn't expected, travel round the country and you'll meet largely bellends. Few decent places where sound people tend to be the majority (Liverpool, Manchester, London, Sheffield and pretty much all of Scotland) but the rest of the south, all of the midlands, Lancashire and most of Yorkshire is inhabited by England shirt wearing tits. It's time to just sit back and laugh at it all.

In the long run it's all irrelevant, human beings are going to extinguish their own existence because of their own greed and selfishness, and it will be the best thing that could happen to the world.

11 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That’s exactly why they’re more diverse than Labour because it’s ability, Javid, Raab were in that leadership race for a reason. Patel vs Diane Abbott will be hilarious. 

I don’t know enough about Sharma tbh. 

Ben Wallace in defence is interesting, a serviceman that served in NI taking over from a navy reservist that displayed a pair of tits on splash in Mordaunt. It’s almost like logic has been applied

Judging by their records this is the most incapable cabinet that has ever been put together, by a fairly large margin.

Patel - got sacked for conducting secret personal diplomacy. In normal times she would never get another brief in her life for that alone.  Thought we should starve Ireland into accepting our Brexit demands. Also probably wants to bring back hanging. Complete psychopath.

Gove - vapid ideologue who wrecked education in his strive to "make every child above-average" and insisted that his own opinion of WW1 be taught over academic opinion. Made a passable Justice sec purely out being too clueless to even touch anything.

Williamson - sacked for leaking classified information relating to national security. Should also never be near a cabinet role again. Also thought being Defence Sec meant continually threatening to start wars with Russia and China.

Truss - she's just relentlessly thick. If she was black she'd be considered worse than Abbot. Also failed to use her position as Justice Sec to deny that judges were "Enemies of the People" or defend our judicial process.

Raab - didn't realise Dover-Calais was a big deal until about halfway through his tenure as Brexit minister.

Javed - serial tax-evader. Also a free-market fundamentalist so the absolute last Chancellor we need if we're meant to be bracing ourselves for No Deal. Unless the plan is to ignore economic sense and turn Britain into a zero-regulation tax-haven off the shore of the EU.

Leadsom - just read the opinions of her former Treasury colleagues.

The only minister who seems to be an actually appropriate choice is Buckland for Justice. Otherwise this cabinet is "We're Tired of Experts" made reality. It's been picked for ideological purity and/or willingness to change their opinions on the spot like Hancock and Rudd.

On 25/07/2019 at 10:53, Inverted said:

Judging by their records this is the most incapable cabinet that has ever been put together, by a fairly large margin.

Patel - got sacked for conducting secret personal diplomacy. In normal times she would never get another brief in her life for that alone.  Thought we should starve Ireland into accepting our Brexit demands. Also probably wants to bring back hanging. Complete psychopath.

Gove - vapid ideologue who wrecked education in his strive to "make every child above-average" and insisted that his own opinion of WW1 be taught over academic opinion. Made a passable Justice sec purely out being too clueless to even touch anything.

Williamson - sacked for leaking classified information relating to national security. Should also never be near a cabinet role again. Also thought being Defence Sec meant continually threatening to start wars with Russia and China.

Truss - she's just relentlessly thick. If she was black she'd be considered worse than Abbot. Also failed to use her position as Justice Sec to deny that judges were "Enemies of the People" or defend our judicial process.

Raab - didn't realise Dover-Calais was a big deal until about halfway through his tenure as Brexit minister.

Javed - serial tax-evader. Also a free-market fundamentalist so the absolute last Chancellor we need if we're meant to be bracing ourselves for No Deal. Unless the plan is to ignore economic sense and turn Britain into a zero-regulation tax-haven off the shore of the EU.

Leadsom - just read the opinions of her former Treasury colleagues.

The only minister who seems to be an actually appropriate choice is Buckland for Justice. Otherwise this cabinet is "We're Tired of Experts" made reality. It's been picked for ideological purity and/or willingness to change their opinions on the spot like Hancock and Rudd.

Gove on education I agree although I think intention to raise standards was good, his execution was poor with too much emphasis on exams. 

Truss I’d agree. 

Javid I think you’re harsh on, he rose from fuck all to be a managing director of  Deutsche Bank. We may not like it but the U.K. is dependent on banking now, someone with experience in the field post Brexit isn’t a shite appointment. 

Patel, Truss, Raab are authors of the book Britannia Unchained which claimed that “British workers are lazy” so true. They favour deregulation of the workplace and emulating other successful strategies employed in other countries like Singapore, Honk Kong etc

25 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The quotes comes from a satirical poem by James Michie, titled "Friendly Fire". Boris approved it but never wrote it.  And, incidentally, Hadrian's Wall is in England (the commas were deliberate). Facts mate

They ARE the facts!

Archived