talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bumbling Boris Johnson New Prime Minister

football forum

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Johnson's the bookies favourite, but I seem to remember him being the heavy favourite after Cameron resigned. What people didn't understand then is that he was too tainted by Brexit and the campaign to garner significant support from a divided party. But what about now?

Most Tory MPs are opposed to Brexit, but what happens next will depend on whether they're willing to sacrifice our EU membership to keep Corbyn out of office. It'll be confirmed on Sunday that they'll be decimated in a general election if they don't deliver Brexit. Remainers associate them with Brexit and always will, so their only hope is to make Leavers do the same. People still refuse to vote Lib Dem because of the tuition fees thing about 10 years ago. Their move here could determine the outcome of general elections for decades to come, which is why I think they will go for a Brexit PM.

Fortunately, I don't know enough about senior Tories to call who might be elected, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Johnson. I can't see it being Rees-Mogg, but politics is fucking bonkers these days, so who knows.

• Subscriber

To be honest, I am a Labour man but do not like Corbyn as the Labour leader he has as much appeal as a snake in a pit full of sheep, but back on subject anybody in the Tory party would be better than May, she was a useless twat and one of the worse PM's ever, Boris Johnson for me, at least he has some character in him.

PS. I wish they would bring back the Spitting Images show, they would rip apart the politicians we have nowadays.

roy-hattersley-and-spitting-image-puppet

1695584370_download(1).thumb.png.333d7f8060c9b20e1c97e4f1c0004582.png

23 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

To be honest, I am a Labour man but do not like Corbyn as the Labour leader he has as much appeal as a snake in a pit full of sheep, but back on subject anybody in the Tory party would be better than May, she was a useless twat and one of the worse PM's ever, Boris Johnson for me, at least he has some character in him.

PS. I wish they would bring back the Spitting Images show, they would rip apart the politicians we have nowadays.

roy-hattersley-and-spitting-image-puppet

1695584370_download(1).thumb.png.333d7f8060c9b20e1c97e4f1c0004582.png

You're joking, right?

• The title was changed to Next UK Prime Minister
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

He was the only one I could think of, all politicians have characters of shite anyway but some less than others. :D 

Boris Johnson is a character but doesn't necessarily make him a good fit for PM.

That's all he is. A character. He's an offensive imbecile and just a general buffoon of an individual.

It's unfair to call him an imbecile, he knows exactly what he's doing. He is though an untrustworthy liar that will say/do whatever needs to be said /done to get into power.  I'm fairly sure that he knows that Brexit will be bad for the country but supporting it is good for Boris Johnson's political career. 

• Administrator

Don't think it's that unfair to call him that. He gets flustered, panicked and ends up saying loads of nonsense. Look at all the times he's insulted various people across the world as foreign secretary, no less. Sometimes speaks before he thinks.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Boris Johnson is a character but doesn't necessarily make him a good fit for PM.

That's all he is. A character. He's an offensive imbecile and just a general buffoon of an individual.

1 hour ago, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

It's unfair to call him an imbecile, he knows exactly what he's doing. He is though an untrustworthy liar that will say/do whatever needs to be said /done to get into power.  I'm fairly sure that he knows that Brexit will be bad for the country but supporting it is good for Boris Johnson's political career. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Don't think it's that unfair to call him that. He gets flustered, panicked and ends up saying loads of nonsense. Look at all the times he's insulted various people across the world as foreign secretary, no less. Sometimes speaks before he thinks.

I met Boris Johnson back in 2015 when he was at our place for the launch of the National Apprenticeship Week and although I did not engage him in a one to one ( partly due to my lack of love for Politicians ) I was around for most of the tour and group/individual discussions that were taking place while he was there and he comes across as a very intelligent person, What I would say about him is that he is very much a people person but you always get left with that feeling he is not a well organised individual and tends to wing a lot of what he does and says at times.. I couldn't really comment on his honesty levels but when could you ever say that about any politician ever??? 

1 hour ago, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

Pretty common trait in the generic shit type of politicians. Those that stand for nothing and have no genuine vision for the country.

Will this pm be destined to fail? Or be able to exceed expectations?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

but you always get left with that feeling he is not a well organised individual and tends to wing a lot of what he does and says at times

Precisely what I mean.

I guess with media these days you see the more 'imbecile' side as opposed to the 'intelligent' side.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rupert Murdoch wants it to be Boris 

Fuck I hate that guy and the way he abuses his media portfolio to indoctrinate the world with his own world view.

How different the world would be if he'd never made it out of the womb.

Whoever becomes leader has the same problem May had. They need to clearly win a General Election to fill the house with loyalist MP's who share the same values. May tried that in 2017 when CCHQ blocked the more ardent Brexit supporters from standing in the seats they were looking to win. The election disaster meant the last 2 years were her trying to put a square peg into a round hole.

Most likely outcome now I think is a leader willing to no deal if no big concessions can be gained. Autumn or spring election to attempt to fill the house with politicians that back the PM's position.

Boris is probably best placed to stem the tide of the non kippers going Brexit party at a GE. However Boris will bring about a Trump-esq situation in our politics with dramatised meltdowns in the more anti-Tory and hard remain elements of society. That polarisation might give no deal the support it needs at a GE or it might collapse Brexit entirely. Some may say needed collision state to break impasse.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Having Boris as prime minister is the only thing that could really make the political landscape in Britain sink significantly lower than its already apocalyptically disastrous state.

How about this...

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Having Boris as prime minister is the only thing that could really make the political landscape in Britain sink significantly lower than its already apocalyptically disastrous state.

Whoever is PM is fucked, it’s only going to get worse before it gets any better 

To be honest there is absolutely nobody in the Tories that wants the job which isn’t far right or too much on the right. One is even talking about doing some sort of deal with the extreme right itself (Brexit Party and Farage).

Archived