talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bumbling Boris Johnson New Prime Minister

football forum

On 26/05/2019 at 17:18, SirBalon said:

To be honest there is absolutely nobody in the Tories that wants the job which isn’t far right or too much on the right. One is even talking about doing some sort of deal with the extreme right itself (Brexit Party and Farage).

There's actually a broad mix among the 11 candidates so far. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

There's actually a broad mix among the 11 candidates so far. 

The only one that’s a bit different is Hancock with Gove having had an attack of the moderate and considerate mind.  Then there are tons of liars, charlatans like Raab and Bumbling Boris with rancid snakes in there too. I would rather vote to have my left arm chopped off. The Tories are appalling.

Rory Stewart seems to be getting a lot of praise, although he does have a bit of 'weird' about him, far more than the unfairly maligned Ed Milband. I think Raab would be good for Labour, he has a long history of unpleasant and stupid comments. Johnson would be more difficult to defeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So Michael Gove came out today and admitted he has taken cocaine before.

I'm not judging him on it but it won't play well after he imposed a lifetime ban on teachers from their profession if they've ever taken cocaine.

Very unusual thing to come out with today.

Hopefully some more skeletons make their way out of Boris's closet soon.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So Michael Gove came out today and admitted he has taken cocaine before.

I'm not judging him on it but it won't play well after he imposed a lifetime ban on teachers from their profession if they've ever taken cocaine.

Very unusual thing to come out with today.

Hopefully some more skeletons make their way out of Boris's closet soon.

It was weird over past couple of days - many candidates for PM all seemed to reveal their previous misdemeanours as if it was some kind of truth policy day. 

It doesn't really bother me because all their offences were several years ago, in some cases decades. We've all done stupid shit when we were kids or teenagers/at uni.

I'd rather judge them on their policies now as opposed to something they can't go back and change.

The point you mention though about the teachers is an odd one and somewhat hypocritical.  

It's good for all the Tory candidates to clarify that their positions on drug policy have nothing to do with any ethical considerations, but are just about incarcerating as many poor people as possible. 

Either drug use is wrong, and so their past drug use renders them morally unfit for public office, or they have to admit that it was a minor indiscretion and that there are thousands of people out there with criminal records or in jail for similar indiscretions who didn't deserve it.

But no, they've made it clear what their position is. As with so many things in Britain, the middle and upper classes have nine lives, and everyone else lives on a knife edge. 

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It's good for all the Tory candidates to clarify that their positions on drug policy have nothing to do with any ethical considerations, but are just about incarcerating as many poor people as possible. 

Either drug use is wrong, and so their past drug use renders them morally unfit for public office, or they have to admit that it was a minor indiscretion and that there are thousands of people out there with criminal records or in jail for similar indiscretions who didn't deserve it.

But no, they've made it clear what their position is. As with so many things in Britain, the middle and upper classes have nine lives, and everyone else lives on a knife edge. 

True, but it’s always been that way. Cocaine in general is a middle to upper class drug in its general use anyway so what we have is a certain sector of the English demographic “understanding” Gove’s indiscretion.

The bit that gets me with the hardline Tory voter and other ideologies they share with this rabble is that in large part they aren’t middle to upper class but actually working class and a decent proportion of their die hard voters are people living on the breadline. It’s about a sinister undercurrent that exists and is now plainly evident for all to see if they open their eyes without any conditioning attached to their mindset.

In other words, they won’t give a shit!

How many people revere Nigel Farage and yet he’s been proven to be a liar and a charlatan?

What about Jacob Rees-Mogg and his plainly obvious disdain for anything that isn’t patrician and yet gives off the necessary soundbites every now and then when required and they all quickly fall back into place. 

I could name so many and their bullshit but many just won’t budge because they are totally conditioned to hate and believe in unicorns.

Because racism, xenophobia, anti-semitism, islamophobia, misogyny, breaking the law and lying in campaigns, turning away voters at polling stations and many many other things are now a staple diet of England’s political system... ALL FACTS!

This has enabled the ugly, dirty and disgusting reality embedded in this society. There is a large proportion of this country that supports them from both ideological sides of the political spectrum.

They are a reflection of what we want so as to appeal for your ‘X’ on a ballot paper.

Are you not ashamed?

Do you want more?

I have plenty.

So Boris Johnson going down the hard Leave Means Leave route of saying not only will we not pay the EU £39b but he will use that money not to help those on benefits or should be on benefits, not to help those using food banks, not even as previous mayor of London using it to provide financial support to kids on inner cities and estates who will grow into a life of crime or substance abuse, not to support women suffering domestic abuse, assault or rape, not to support the NHS, not to improve mental health treatment on the NHS...but to give people on £50k+ a nice fat tax cut, because they really need it. Stay classy Boris.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

So Boris Johnson going down the hard Leave Means Leave route of saying not only will we not pay the EU £39b but he will use that money not to help those on benefits or should be on benefits, not to help those using food banks, not even as previous mayor of London using it to provide financial support to kids on inner cities and estates who will grow into a life of crime or substance abuse, not to support women suffering domestic abuse, assault or rape, not to support the NHS, not to improve mental health treatment on the NHS...but to give people on £50k+ a nice fat tax cut, because they really need it. Stay classy Boris.

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Scotts have a nerve ey! Having an opinion on English politics!!!

I'm not a fan of Nic but she is occasionally useful for summing up the collective amazement/horror at what's going on down there below us. 

And she didn't even mention the plan to shut down Parliament.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I'm not a fan of Nic but she is occasionally useful for summing up the collective amazement/horror at what's going on down there below us. 

And she didn't even mention the plan to shut down Parliament.

Nobody is going to shut down Parliament mate. None of them have the balls to do that and they can chit chat all they like with their bravado because it ain't happening and I'm not afraid about that in the same way I'm not worried about a no deal Brexit occuring. It's all about winning votes from those that are easily manipulated.

37 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Nobody is going to shut down Parliament mate. None of them have the balls to do that and they can chit chat all they like with their bravado because it ain't happening and I'm not afraid about that in the same way I'm not worried about a no deal Brexit occuring. It's all about winning votes from those that are easily manipulated.

The desire itself to do so is a catastrophic enough indictment of our country's ruling party.

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

The desire itself to do so is a catastrophic enough indictment of our country's ruling party.

The whole thing is a mess for sure and we have breaking news with the Government planning to make over 75s pay TV Licences from 2020. Not that this is part of all this directly but it does shed light on who’s to blame for the nation’s poverty issues in the same fashion they implemented Universal Credit which has made people poorer... NONE OF THIS is down to the EU and all domestic legislation like Austerity was.

Look at your country where you have different laws protecting the poorer and those looking to advance themselves like for example those going into training as nurses and how bursaries were abolished in England but maintained in Scotland. So much for the EU dictating to us where we needed to take back control... Take back control of what? We’ve always had control.

This mess is English in its totality and we are dictating to you and the rest against your will. You are subjects to something you don’t agree with. How can you even begin to complain about Nicola Sturgeon! Nobody and nothing is perfect much less politics which isn’t easy to be fair and legislate for all without destroying growth.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Could we make it as the 51st Star on the US flag?

The poor have voted for this cunt on a massive scale!

Guarantee you he's a massive shareholder of various health insurance companies and pharmaceuticals. Bet he's fucking giddy at the prospect of British patients having to pay the same insane prices Americans have to pay for medicine. And if poor people die, that's just icing on the cake for him.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Guarantee you he's a massive shareholder of various health insurance companies and pharmaceuticals. Bet he's fucking giddy at the prospect of British patients having to pay the same insane prices Americans have to pay for medicine. And if poor people die, that's just icing on the cake for him.

And not to mention the fact he could afford it with ease.

Archived