talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moussa Dembele - Man Utd Target Lyon Striker

GettyImages-1139494279.jpg?quality=90&st

Manchester United have submitted an opening bid of €40 million (£35m) for Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, according to reports in France. The 22-year-old has made an instant impact at Lyon after his £19.7m move from Celtic last summer, scoring 23 goals in 51 appearances for the France club. United, meanwhile, are looking to bolster Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s attacking options by recruiting a new winger and a striker. Romelu Lukaku’s future at Old Trafford is also uncertain as reports on Friday claimed that the Belgian striker has now agreed personal terms with Inter, who are set to appoint Antonio Conte as their new manager.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/24/manchester-united-submit-35m-offer-sign-lyon-striker-moussa-dembele-9688212/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of Alexishit Sanchez and Romulu Lukakpoo first? Demebele, Rashford, and Martial as CFs with the latter two cover the wings?

Dembele would be dependent on Lukaku leaving, which I believe  he will,  where who knows.  There are no buyers for Sanchez unless United pick up the bulk of his wages and in that case United might just as well keep him. 

I suspect Sanchez will be at United till his contract ends, but I am still hopefully he can regain some of his form.  Probably just wishful thinking from a player I always admired when he was at Arsenal.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.a63ac5a90bc61a3791e4b0cb6865c3bf.png

Manchester United are lining up a January move for French striker Moussa Dembele, 23, has sent a scout to Lyon's last three games. (Mail)

Think they'll have to pay a bomb as I can't see Lyon letting him go so easy now. Also greatly depends on how far in the CL they get as well.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Think they'll have to pay a bomb as I can't see Lyon letting him go so easy now. Also greatly depends on how far in the CL they get as well.

I wouldn't bother tbh, why pay a bomb on a new player when we already have paid a bomb for other players and we are still not anywhere near where we should be, Ole is walking on a tightrope at the moment and he could fall sooner than getting pushed off, the next few games will tell, United supporters are getting restless, the Gunners match at OT will be interesting. :coffee:  

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I wouldn't bother tbh, why pay a bomb on a new player when we already have paid a bomb for other players and we are still not anywhere near where we should be, Ole is walking on a tightrope at the moment and he could fall sooner than getting pushed off, the next few games will tell, United supporters are getting restless, the Gunners match at OT will be interesting. :coffee:  

You’re United though, you’re always going to be spending money. And yeah you’ve struggled on the pitch but you’re still one of the big money-making clubs - so it’s not like you can’t afford to.

Regardless of expensive flops, I don’t think that means you shouldn’t try to bring in the right players to change things. Dembele looks like he’d give you some much needed firepower.

Although I think midfield’s a bigger issue for Man Utd and since you’ve invested heavily in a very good defensive fullback you need a lot more creativity in the midfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Explain the image the Express put in, I am lost?

John, the thread is about Moussa Dembele.

You put in a link about Ousmane Dembele.

• The title was changed to Moussa Dembele - Man Utd Target Lyon Striker
  • The topic was locked

Archived