talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Potential Fiorentina Takeover

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the short term it very much depends on them avoiding relegation. Assuming they do, which is likely, then i'd expect some rebuilding over the Summer and a push towards the top half next season. They'll almost certainly lose their best players at the end of the season though with the likes of Chiesa, Simeone and Benassi probably moving up the League.

Commisso is a savvy businessman and hopefully in the long term he will move forward with the new stadium and look to emulate the approach taken by the likes of Atalanta. Success in the World of business doesn't always translate to football though and I hope he can leave his ego at the door and put football people in the right places. Probably doesn't help that he is a very vocal Juve fan...

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be gathering momentum and will be all agreed before the summer transfer window.

On 25/05/2019 at 12:11, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

In the short term it very much depends on them avoiding relegation. Assuming they do, which is likely, then i'd expect some rebuilding over the Summer and a push towards the top half next season. They'll almost certainly lose their best players at the end of the season though with the likes of Chiesa, Simeone and Benassi probably moving up the League.

Commisso is a savvy businessman and hopefully in the long term he will move forward with the new stadium and look to emulate the approach taken by the likes of Atalanta. Success in the World of business doesn't always translate to football though and I hope he can leave his ego at the door and put football people in the right places. Probably doesn't help that he is a very vocal Juve fan...

For such a smart businessman, his lack of self awareness is astonishing. Seems to always bringing up that he is a Juventus fan, but it's okay because he visited Florence once as a kid...

If this season's form carries on to next, it won't take long before the supporters are calling for him to go quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/06/2019 at 12:26, ScoRoss said:
For such a smart businessman, his lack of self awareness is astonishing. Seems to always bringing up that he is a Juventus fan, but it's okay because he visited Florence once as a kid...

From my experience in dealing with Americans, a lack of self-awareness is not an uncommon trait for them.

I think it's probably good that they've kept hold of Montella, even if he hasn't won a game yet. Hopefully he can re-find his form from the 1st spell with La Viola and get them back up towards the top 4.

12 minutes ago, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

From my experience in dealing with Americans, a lack of self-awareness is not an uncommon trait for them.

I think it's probably good that they've kept hold of Montella, even if he hasn't won a game yet. Hopefully he can re-find his form from the 1st spell with La Viola and get them back up towards the top 4.

He's Italian, but your point stands.

Montella has been woeful in his last two jobs, so I expect him to be on a short leash. Certainly a full preseason will help him implement his style on the team more.

Archived