talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

22 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Yes, I was. Still mesmerized, will post about it in two day's time, now I'll have some drinks at some city pub.

Congratulations to you, sir. You deserve it after all those though days in the big games.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Mostly because clubs in the lower tiers do not have technical means for VAR in their stadiums. 

I figured that would be it. I wonder how much it costs and where the cutoff point is? 

So, let's say a small club makes it to the next round, would they have to move their match to a VAR capable stadium? Or just pay the fee? 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Eco said:

I figured that would be it. I wonder how much it costs and where the cutoff point is? 

So, let's say a small club makes it to the next round, would they have to move their match to a VAR capable stadium? Or just pay the fee? 

Not sure about the costs but since VAR is only used in 1. and 2. Bundesliga it would still be unreasonable to ask lower tier clubs install it for just one or two Cup matches anyway. I think the whole setup (cables; cameras; installation; etc.) cost around 200000 Euro to install so it's a lot of money for those clubs that are already struggling to make ends meet. 

It's actually funny, if a lower league club makes it to the next round and plays at home, DFB have a portable version of VAR to be used. Sort of VAR in a van xD That's what I've read but I've never seen it in action anyway.

26 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not sure about the costs but since VAR is only used in 1. and 2. Bundesliga it would still be unreasonable to ask lower tier clubs install it for just one or two Cup matches anyway. I think the whole setup (cables; cameras; installation; etc.) cost around 200000 Euro to install so it's a lot of money for those clubs that are already struggling to make ends meet. 

It's actually funny, if a lower league club makes it to the next round and plays at home, DFB have a portable version of VAR to be used. Sort of VAR in a van xD That's what I've read but I've never seen it in action anyway.

Well you will have the opportunity to see it in action soon, as Verl, Kaiserslautern and us are qualified for the next round. I wonder, when was the last time two 4th tier clubs and one 3rd tier club qualified for the round of 16? Just checked it last time three non-DFL clubs went through to the third round was in 2014/15, two 3.Liga clubs and one RL club back then, though.

49 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well you will have the opportunity to see it in action soon, as Verl, Kaiserslautern and us are qualified for the next round. I wonder, when was the last time two 4th tier clubs and one 3rd tier club qualified for the round of 16? Just checked it last time three non-DFL clubs went through to the third round was in 2014/15, two 3.Liga clubs and one RL club back then, though.

I'm sure that Kaiserslautern already have VAR installed. Not sure if you lot do, but I'd be surprised if Verl did. xD

Phew, we're through. First half was very shaky, and you could tell that the team is a bit insecure. They 2nd half was much better, and we could have scored even 1-2 more. But I'm just happy that we won and advanced to the next round. Hopefully it'll give us confidence for the derby on Sunday! 

Only 20k in the Stadium today, which is a shame, but a bit understandable for a mid-week fixture. Great atmosphere where I was though. Standing is a bit different than sitting :D 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Bremen - Dortmund

A repeat of last year's Round of 16 then... Only at home this time B|

On an unrelated note I wonder why there's no proper word for Achtelfinale in English  :what:

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Round of 16

Tuesday 4th February, 2020
Eintracht Frankfurt vs RB Leipzig, 17.30
Kaiserslautern vs Dusseldorf, 17.30
Schalke vs Hertha Berlin, 19.45
Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund, 19.45

Wednesday 5th February, 2020
Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart, 17.30
SC Verl vs Union Berlin, 17.30
Saarbrucken vs Karlsruher, 19.45
Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim, 19.45

I am hoping that Frankfurt beat RB Leipzig again today, this time in the DFB Cup. We beat them 10 days ago, I am hoping for a repeat. Reaching the quarter finals of the cup and knocking out a strong side like RB Leipzig would be nice. :banana:

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Debut for Zanka. :o Nice to see that Barkok gets a chance. Okoye 2nd keeper today. He's a born Düsseldorfer. :) 

No Berisha in the match squad? Injured already? :o 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived