talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheikh Khaled Claimed To Have Bought Newcastle United

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Not another one of these clubs in the Premier League. Do these oil bastards not watch La Liga or something? Go buy Levante instead and have fun.

They won't settle for anything less than Barca and Real in La Liga 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not another one of these clubs in the Premier League. Do these oil bastards not watch La Liga or something? Go buy Levante instead and have fun.

Worried about being knocked out of the top 6? :ph34r:

10 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Worried about being knocked out of the top 6? :ph34r:

We're worried about being relegated at this rate 

1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Is the tweet that fabulous? Robben's well passed it. Mata's getting on too. James had a good World Cup once, but other than one decent season at Real Madrid, he's been pretty bang average - and was pretty clearly the worst player on the pitch when we played Bayern.

I'd be a bit underwhelmed if I was told "Alright, you're going to be the next irritating oil money club in England. You're in for an exciting summer, you're signing 2 has beens and someone who's bang average but will expect to be treated like a superstar."

I guess it seems miles better than Mike Ashley and his unwillingness to spend money.

On 30/05/2019 at 03:03, Harvsky said:

Prospective owner has released statement saying deal agreed and funds proved back in April. They're now working with the Premier League to build the fit and proper case. Premier League/FA say they haven't received any application :4_joy:

I heard the whole thing was a prank by a London radio station. The Sheikh is a fictional character of the breakfast radio teams construction....

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is the tweet that fabulous? Robben's well passed it. Mata's getting on too. James had a good World Cup once, but other than one decent season at Real Madrid, he's been pretty bang average - and was pretty clearly the worst player on the pitch when we played Bayern.

I'd be a bit underwhelmed if I was told "Alright, you're going to be the next irritating oil money club in England. You're in for an exciting summer, you're signing 2 has beens and someone who's bang average but will expect to be treated like a superstar."

I guess it seems miles better than Mike Ashley and his unwillingness to spend money.

In fairness it might take a while before they can sign absolute top class, aside from Robinho it took Manchester City to be playing in Europe before they got the top quality players.

On 29/05/2019 at 22:25, 6666 said:

Mansour owns all these clubs, directly and indirectly like PSG, now Newcastle ;)

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No, PSG is owned by Qataris. City and Newcastle (potentially) are UAE owned.

They probably hate each other tbh.

I was beginning to think that Mansour did something on the sly like whack poor Happy on the head.

On 31/05/2019 at 01:33, Harry said:

I heard the whole thing was a prank by a London radio station. The Sheikh is a fictional character of the breakfast radio teams construction....

If it is a hoax by whomever then the club are in on it or using it against the fans. There would be no other reason for their silence.

49 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

If it is a hoax by whomever then the club are in on it or using it against the fans. There would be no other reason for their silence.

I can just imagine Mike Ashley eagerly googling "list of Arab sheiks by wealth"

23 hours ago, Harvsky said:

What exactly do you think/expect the club to be saying then? 

Club sales are shrouded behind NDA’s and the like and given Mike Ashley’s reputation within Newcastle, I doubt many of the non-footballing staff at Newcastle, have had much contact with him, if any. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

What exactly do you think/expect the club to be saying then? 

Club sales are shrouded behind NDA’s and the like and given Mike Ashley’s reputation within Newcastle, I doubt many of the non-footballing staff at Newcastle, have had much contact with him, if any. 

Not sure if you've veered off the road there. My post was about if it is a hoax as Harry says. The chances of a hoax getting to the stage of NDA's is almost null. Not only would you have to be going to meetings and pranking the club staff you'd also have to stump up legal fees and fake your own lawyers. That's a bit elaborate, particularly for a radio station. If it's a hoax it's more likely to be the media that are played.

3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Not sure if you've veered off the road there. My post was about if it is a hoax as Harry says. The chances of a hoax getting to the stage of NDA's is almost null. Not only would you have to be going to meetings and pranking the club staff you'd also have to stump up legal fees and fake your own lawyers. That's a bit elaborate, particularly for a radio station. If it's a hoax it's more likely to be the media that are played.

I don't think it's a hoax mate. But it does remind me of a time some friends of mine on an old soccer Forum in Australia tried to start an online rumour that a Venezuelan wonderkid called Gaston Cruz from the Eredivisie second division had signed for our local aleague club. Due to the huge volume of people wanting to believe such rumours they spread like wildfire even with zero factual basis...

Rather than a prank played against the club, isn't it more likely to be the club doing the pranking? Haven't they got form for spreading rumours around the time season ticket sales go up?

Who knows, I think if this doesn't happen and Benitez leaves you'll have serious unrest.

Archived