talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheikh Khaled Claimed To Have Bought Newcastle United

12 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Rather than a prank played against the club, isn't it more likely to be the club doing the pranking? Haven't they got form for spreading rumours around the time season ticket sales go up?

Who knows, I think if this doesn't happen and Benitez leaves you'll have serious unrest.

Would Rafa leave though? He's used to dealing with shite owners, he's happiest when he's got a genuine connection with the club and fans - right now he's got that with Newcastle, and at the end of the season he said the next step was negotiating his extension with Ashley.

I think he's willing to put up with Mike Ashley as long as his job is safe. He wants to stay in England, particularly the North. And he's somewhere where the fans love and appreciate him, whereas in almost every corner of the country other than parts of Merseyside he's just branded a shite fat Spanish waiter. Newcastle fans know what he's done for them, he knows Newcastle fans know what he's done for them.

I think he's happy to stay, even if the club doesn't match his ambitions because he's got the respect and support of his fans and he's not too far from his family so he can see them regularly. And I think to him, those are the two most important things.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived