The better place to talk football.

Round 07: Canada

football forum

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Don't think that's worth any type of penalty.

I think it was - he's come off and come back on to endanger Hamilton - as he comes back on he almost makes a 2nd movement in to block Hamilton which appears unsafe.

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He made a mistake. Those are the consequences. 

Fair penalty.

It's racing. Let them race ffs. 

Again, I'm new...but this is snowflake 101. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think it was - he's come off and come back on to endanger Hamilton - as he comes back on he almost makes a 2nd movement in to block Hamilton which appears unsafe.

Nah, its racing. Stuff happens all the time which affects other people's races. E.G. Giovinazzi spun earlier, if someone was unlucky and they had to take avoiding action Giovinazzi wouldn't have got a penalty for it.

If Vettel had gone across a cement runoff and been in control of the car to block Hamilton then fair enough but I don't see what else he could have done.

Horrible way to decide a race.

Just now, Stan said:

Hamilton's got this race done and dusted. Doesn't even need to press to overtake Vettel now either.

Terrible for the sport because this is true. So Hamilton just doesn't need to crash and he'll win, despite not overtaking Vettel. 

• Subscriber

Wow what a move by Kvyat! 

As for the penalty - it's just racing; one driver makes a mistake, but doesn't cause an accident, wouldn't be given in any of other racing series but F1 and that's one thing that I extremely dislike about it. 

• Subscriber

Am a Lewis fan but that was harsh. But again it shows Vettel can be rash and error prone under pressure. Vettel gone straight to the FIA building without getting weighed, don't blame him.

• The title was changed to Round 07: Canada
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived