The better place to talk football.

Round 07: Canada

football forum

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Easily the highlight of the season so far!

No denying that. Pure entertainment to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The radio with Magnusson was class all race xD!

He got proper pissed off at one stage xD

Think it was quite early on saying it's the worst race ever but Steiner had to step in and basically tell him to shut up and not be rude to the team xD

Just now, MUFC said:

Was it last season or the season before where Max said they are killing racing, over the radio after getting a penalty? He has a point.

He has. New viewers will find this as a snowflake move. It's called racing so how about letting the guys race. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

He got proper pissed off at one stage xD

Think it was quite early on saying it's the worst race ever but Steiner had to step in and basically tell him to shut up and not be rude to the team xD

Yeah, Gunther there did the right thing by telling him to basically shut up and drive. 

• Subscriber

If this was the other way round would people be saying it's killing racing? No... it would be justice because Lewis didn't win.

Lewis did force him into a mistake. And like so many times last year, Seb made a mistake.

:dunce:

23 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

If this was the other way round would people be saying it's killing racing? No... it would be justice because Lewis didn't win.

Lewis did force him into a mistake. And like so many times last year, Seb made a mistake.

:dunce:

I don't mind Lewis at all, and as I've mentioned before, this is the first year I've watched F1. 

But if that's a penalty, this sport is for pussies. No contact but a 5 second penalty? Christ all mighty, I bet the legends are disgusted. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

:what:

I saw someone say if they can show on the telemetry at the time of the incident for example that he didn't have his foot on the throttle when he darted back in on to the track towards Lewis then it could go some way to saying it was all unintentional?

Maybe that's the new info they have? All a bit of speculation though so we'll just wait and see. Bit of a stretch, though.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

I saw someone say if they can show on the telemetry at the time of the incident for example that he didn't have his foot on the throttle when he darted back in on to the track towards Lewis then it could go some way to saying it was all unintentional?

Maybe that's the new info they have? All a bit of speculation though so we'll just wait and see. Bit of a stretch, though.

If this proves true, FIA might just say its not about throttle but the fact that he steered across onto the racing line and blocked Lewis deliberately. Bet Vettel is really fuming still, hope he doesn't say something which gets him in trouble.

14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Not really, he cut the interview short and said all race that he wasn't happy with the penalty. 

Regardless of what opinion you have, Vettel has made yet another mistake and doing so has opened himself up to this. I've no sympathy really as you wouldn't see Lewis throwing it onto the grass. 

no penalty.

• Subscriber

I don't think you can dispute the fact that the line between what is permitted and what isn't has become increasingly blurred over the years through a combination of different interpretations and an inconsistent application of the written rules and regulations; you know that it's an actual concern if drivers and stewards have regular meetings to try to adopt a more lenient stance on racing incidents. It's understandable that everyone wants it to be safe and fair, but at the same time everyone also wants to be allowed to race hard and have more on track action; it's obvious that the golden middle has to found somewhere. For my personal liking, F1 has become way too soft and sterile in recent years - incidents like the one yesterday only confirm that for me and I honestly think anally over-analysed decisions like that simply ruin racing; both for the drivers and the spectators.

I must also say that the two sets of fans (Hamilton/Vettel or Mercedes/Ferrari  if you wish) and the exchanges between them on the forums and social media have also become unbearable. Not so much the likes of Twitter and Facebook where it's not that surprising, but even the actual dedicated niche forums are being ruined by the fanboys/girls of both sides posting drivel they call "banter". It's tiresome.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived