• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 07: Canada

football forum

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

3 places grid penalty for Sainz for impeding Albon in Q1. Magnussen will start from the pit lane.

Well done Seb on that last quali run and Ferrari look much better in the corners compared to previous races and they seem faster than Mercedes on both short and long straights. Nice best Q3 lap comparison of Vettel and Hamilton:

D8mgwHuU8AAwBZR.jpg

Still expect them to struggle today with the race pace though. There are reports that Mercedes ran quali with their PU tuned down. Still going for a Hamilton win but hopefully not as easy as usual. Max charging up the field should be interesting to watch! Ricciardo challenging the Red Bulls for the best of the rest. We have all the makings for a great race; hope it won't fail to deliver.

Hope for a better race performance from Sauber & Kimi... 

• Subscriber

Hamilton to leap Vettel at the start and Ricciardo getting a good start will make me happy! Got to be happy for DR getting above the Red Bull's, hope he makes the most of it in the race.

• Subscriber

I actually hope something happens to Hamilton at the start that sends him back. Would love to see anyone other than Mercedes get a win and both Lewis and Valterri to have to face some genuine adversity. Only problem then is that if Ferrari get through the first lap with a 1-2 with Vettel ahead it's hard to see any scenario where Charles is allowed to challenge for the win.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually hope something happens to Hamilton at the start that sends him back. Would love to see anyone other than Mercedes get a win and both Lewis and Valterri to have to face some genuine adversity. Only problem then is that if Ferrari get through the first lap with a 1-2 with Vettel ahead it's hard to see any scenario where Charles is allowed to challenge for the win.

Yeah I'd love to see no Mercedes on the podium. 

Would also love to see Ricciardo get a podium. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Bold predictions: Bottas DNF. Max makes it to the podium. Both Toro Rossos and McLarens in the top 10.

McLarens have looked good this year. Would you say they are the biggest (good) surprise this year? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

McLarens have looked good this year. Would you say they are the biggest (good) surprise this year? 

I think it's fair to say that; especially after the disastrous last year and therefore low expectations. It seems they really did a good job on the chassis. Happy for them as I like Lando (don't mind Sainz either) and now with Andreas Seidl having joined them I have developed a proper soft spot for the team..

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think it's fair to say that; especially after the disastrous last year and therefore low expectations. It seems they really did a good job on the chassis. Happy for them as I like Lando (don't mind Sainz either) and now with Andreas Seidl having joined them I have developed a proper soft spot for the team..

I'm the opposite in your soft spot. I like Sainz, and Lando is slowly growing on me. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Bold predictions: Bottas DNF. Max makes it to the podium. Both Toro Rossos and McLarens in the top 10.

I fancy Max to get podium too. Decent space to overtake throughout the track and it's not like he's right at the back of the grid either.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

hydraulics.

Stroll's PU going in flames yesterdat and now hydraulics leak on Lewis' car just before the race; I wonder if it's some kind of actual problems with the new spec Mercedes PU or are they just trying to give a chance to Ferrari? :35_thinking:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Stroll's PU going in flames yesterdat and now hydraulics leak on Lewis' car just before the race; I wonder if it's some kind of actual problems with the new spec Mercedes PU or are they just trying to give a chance to Ferrari? :35_thinking:

Is it more sandbagging xD 

• The title was changed to Round 07: Canada
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived