talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Should Religion Stop LGBT Lessons in School?

football forum

While we may not have fully sexual feelings at a young age, we certainly feel some sort of attraction to the opposite sex from an early age. It's innate. Just the same with homosexuality. 

I agree we shouldn't be teaching children about sexual matters until secondary school (most people know the basics from the playground by about 10 anyway) but teaching the existence of difference isn't doing that. We are taught about Islam/Hinduism, which are often backwards, negative forces in tbe world so why not this? 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I wouldn't let my kid to do such things whether at school, this goes with my first post

That's upto you how you bring up your child as long as you don't bring them up to be intolerant or teach them that being homosexual is wrong. What you or anyone shouldn't be permitted to do is to set the school curriculum especially where the lesson people are getting so up tight about is to teach them of the existence of LGBT people. Nobody is teaching anyone to be homosexual or transexual which is the weird accusation being thrown into the debate ring. You CAN'T teach people those things because either you are or you aren't which is of no concern to anyone else.

5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

@SirBalon you don't really have to act like that you have to be respectful etc just be yourself 

I don't understand that comment but if you like, you could be so kind as to expand.

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's upto you how you bring up your child as long as you don't bring them up to be intolerant or teach them that being homosexual is wrong. What you or anyone shouldn't be permitted to do is to set the school curriculum especially where the lesson people are getting so up tight about is to teach them of the existence of LGBT people. Nobody is teaching anyone to be homosexual or transexual which is the weird accusation being thrown into the debate ring. You CAN'T teach people those things because either you are or you aren't which is of no concern to anyone else.

I don't understand that comment but if you like, you could be so kind as to expand.

11 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Ok, I watched that. But you haven't made a comment so I have no idea what to say to be honest.

But I'll make a comment off my own back because as far as I can understand there, the parents themselves have decided off their own back to take their children to the public library for this particular exercise.

Again, since you haven't made a comment I'll add one more bit... It's a great idea because AGAIN we're seeing different ways of demonstrating that people exist of all different types in their attempt to freely exercise their right to express themselves with respect.

Is there something else you were searching for?

What's your take on that because you're the one who searched for it on YouTube with an intention for something.

The reason i searched it because you said its an accusation that sexualizaton is being forced on kids. 

Whats the point to say ' Who wants to be drag queen when they grow up ? to a toddler if no one is teaching to be homosexual or transsexual. 

As Artful Dodger said, lets teach them about Islam/Hinduism/Christianity and ask little kids ' Who wants to be a Muslim/Hindu/Christian when they grow up,  surely no one will find that okay. 

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

The reason i searched it because you said its an accusation that sexualizaton is being forced on kids. 

Whats the point to say ' Who wants to be drag queen when they grow up ? to a toddler if no one is teaching to be homosexual or transsexual. 

As Artful Dodger said, lets teach them about Islam/Hinduism/Christianity and ask little kids ' Who wants to be a Muslim/Hindu/Christian when they grow up,  surely no one will find that okay. 

Where's the "teaching" anyone to be anything in that comment by the drag queen? A question isn't a method of teaching.

But remember the most important factor there... It's a public library and the parents have taken their children off their own back to experience that exercise in understanding that people exist.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Where's the "teaching" anyone to be anything in that comment by the drag queen? A question isn't a method of teaching.

But remember the most important factor there... It's a public library and the parents have taken their children off their own back to experience that exercise in understanding that people exist.

This is what the thread is about, what is happening in this library should be mainstreamed in schools and should parents have the right to oppose it when the state is enforcing it.

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

This is what the thread is about, what is happening in this library should be mainstreamed in schools and should parents have the right to oppose it when the state is enforcing it.

Now I’ll pass you a video. These people are protesting against LGBT existence being taught in school and I want you to watch and listen to it all if you please (carefully), especially 0:37 a particular sentence there. 

THIS IS WRONG! This is what we should be fighting against Azeem.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Now I’ll pass you a video. These people are protesting against LGBT existence being taught in school and I want you to watch and listen to it all if you please (carefully), especially 0:37 a particular sentence there. 

THIS IS WRONG! This is what we should be fighting against Azeem

Yeah these religious arguments I'm not gonna discuss with you because its the same way if i say to you that there are people who do exist that wear burqas etc and their is nothing mysgonistic about it etc but that won't change you're view that its all backward, and you won't let you're kid being taught that at school that its ok.

My whole point was that there will be over sexualization of the children and these kids will not be merely being taught that it exists their sexuality will be influenced anyone denying it I'm done with.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Azeem said:

My whole point was that there will be over sexualization of the children and these kids will not be merely being taught that it exists their sexuality will be influenced anyone denying it I'm done with.

How do you know that though? 

It depends how they'll be educated with it. It's like we're taught about world wars and Nazis but you don't see schoolkids as a whole turning in to them as soon as they walk out of the school gates. 

It's a loose example but if the education is done right and it's stressed to the kids that at the end of the day it's their choice how they want to be then what's the issue? Schools won't force people to he gay or straight, it's purely educating them to have a tolerance that some kids will be different to them. What's the issue there? Why should they be treated differently just because of their sexuality? 

32 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Yeah these religious arguments I'm not gonna discuss with you because its the same way if i say to you that there are people who do exist that wear burqas etc and their is nothing mysgonistic about it etc but that won't change you're view that its all backward, and you won't let you're kid being taught that at school that its ok.

Of course, it’s ok for children to he taught that women are created for men’s pleasure but not that gay people exist because nobody is teaching anyone to be gay due to the fact you can’t teach anyone that anyway and that’s not what’s being done.

Curious that religious people blame God for all of this so as to take responsibility off their own shoulders when in actual fact  God is being used for their own bigotry.

By the way, in your post you are accusing me of something I don’t subscribe to with Islam.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

How do you know that though? 

It depends how they'll be educated with it. It's like we're taught about world wars and Nazis but you don't see schoolkids as a whole turning in to them as soon as they walk out of the school gates. 

I explained this in my first post it won't be like a science class telling kids about different species or a history class. If its really about teaching different sexes exist than as Artful Dodger said a sex education class in secondary school is suitable for it. Doing that Queer kid stuff and Drag queen with toddlers is unacceptable for me. 

And the act of homosexuality itself doesn't mean being gay. How many people molest childs and even youngmen yet they are married ? Are they homosexual No than why do they do it. Who knows my kid does such an act with someone out of curiosity after being exposed to such things at an immature age. 

• Subscriber

The wife has a niece and nephew who are gay and both married, we even went to the niece's wedding years back and had a good night after in the local club with a few drinks and food and I even danced with both of them as they were both happy as we all were, there were young children at the wedding which I gather the parents told them in an adult way what was happening and that's the way it should be done. 

When they see me or the wife they will always greet us and call us Uncle John & Auntie Liz and so do their partners, they are all lovely people and natural as life could be, our grandsons have accepted these things as we as grandparents and our son & daughter have let them know in an adult way that today's world we live in we have a freedom of choice in sexual matters, religion, the way we were born black or white or whatever colour of your skin is, there is enough hatred going on in this world about what I have mentioned before and people dying over religion and sexual preferences.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Azeem said:

And the act of homosexuality itself doesn't mean being gay. How many people molest childs and even youngmen yet they are married ? Are they homosexual No than why do they do it. Who knows my kid does such an act with someone out of curiosity after being exposed to such things at an immature age. 

That'd be paedophilia, not homosexuality...? 

Just now, Stan said:

That'd be paedophilia, not homosexuality...? 

The question remains, doing sexual acts with the same sex is a common thing among other wise straight people ever heard of Bacha Bazi ? The act of Homosexuality doesn't mean being gay necessarily.

40 minutes ago, Azeem said:

And the act of homosexuality itself doesn't mean being gay. How many people molest childs and even youngmen yet they are married ? . 

What the fuck man? 

Listen, you obviously have a much different point of view than the majority here. I think what most of the people are saying is that they don't teach heterosexuality in school because it's 'normal', and the goal is to make it so that being gay is also 'normal', and therefore doesn't need to be taught. 

I know you googled the videos and found some extreme examples, but I'm not sure how that effects you? Do you have kids? I have a daughter, and I know that my only job (outside of providing and keeping her safe), is to raise her with the self-confidence to understand herself and her surrounds, so that if he wants to become a boy when she is 18 or so, then she can do it and her Mom and I won't love her/him any less. 

Religion (going back to the topic), should have fuck all to do with any school. 

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

@Eco

Please read all of the thread first

I did. It was like reading a merry go around TBH. The amount of time you refer to 'your original post', it was impossible NOT to read the whole thing. 

I honestly thought you scenario, which I highlighted, was way too extreme, especially for what, I think, you are trying to convey. 

30 minutes ago, Eco said:

What the fuck man? 

Listen, you obviously have a much different point of view than the majority here. I think what most of the people are saying is that they don't teach heterosexuality in school because it's 'normal', and the goal is to make it so that being gay is also 'normal', and therefore doesn't need to be taught. 

I know you googled the videos and found some extreme examples, but I'm not sure how that effects you? Do you have kids? I have a daughter, and I know that my only job (outside of providing and keeping her safe), is to raise her with the self-confidence to understand herself and her surrounds, so that if he wants to become a boy when she is 18 or so, then she can do it and her Mom and I won't love her/him any less. 

Religion (going back to the topic), should have fuck all to do with any school. 

And that's where i disagree with most of you, kids will be influenced if exposed to a complex topic like sexuality at such a young age i.e toddler level. If you want to teach about different sexual orientations than it should be done at secondary school level when they have enough self confidence as you put it to decide what's best for them. 

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

And that's where i disagree with most of you, kids will be influenced if exposed to a complex topic like sexuality at such a young age i.e toddler level. If you want to teach about different sexual orientations than it should be done at secondary school level when they have enough self confidence as you put it to decide what's best for them. 

Oh man - no doubt about this though. What I'm saying in terms of my daughter is raising her not to think homosexuality is 'wrong' or 'bad', and therefore if when she is 15 or whatever and she is happens to be gay, she knows that her parents love her regardless of what her orientation is. 

Granted, if my daughter is straight, then I still have ZERO desire to discuss anything about sexuality until she is a teenager, so it wouldn't change anything if she were gay. 

31 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I agree with this. 

Archived